Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 13 Jun 2014 (Friday) 10:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New features coming to PS CC on the 18th.

sandpiper
Cream of the Crop
7,171 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 13, 2014 10:36 |  #1

Sorry if I am the fifteenth person to post about this, but I did a search and couldn't find any other mentions of it yet.

Adobe are introducing some new features to CC in a major update on the 18th. They are keeping quiet about most of them until then, but have released details of a new focus selection tool that looks really useful to me. Can't wait to try it out.

http://petapixel.com …g-photoshop-cc-june-18th/ (external link)

sponsored links
Aki78
961 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 14, 2014 10:02 |  #2

Very interesting; so I'm assuming this would also allow for more precise PS bokeh than other software? I like Alien Skins but it's a bit time consuming IMO and isn't as fluid like what you'd get with some nice primes like 135L & 200L IS.

thenextguy
Goldmember
2,526 posts
Gallery: 93 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 14, 2014 21:12 |  #3

Aki78 wrote in post #16971153 (external link)
Very interesting; so I'm assuming this would also allow for more precise PS bokeh than other software? I like Alien Skins but it's a bit time consuming IMO and isn't as fluid like what you'd get with some nice primes like 135L & 200L IS.

I guess you could use it for that, but I think it be really useful for when you want to edit the exposure of the background in a portrait. Let's say you expose for the subject, but your background is over/underexposed. This would help fix things much easier.

Only downside is if you're shooting with a shallow depth of field, often the whole subject isn't in focus. I wonder how the software handles that.

Steve -- Website (external link) -- Flickr (external link) -- Tumblr (external link) -- Instagram (external link) -- 500px (external link) (New!)
Canon 5Ds R | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 35 F2 IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200L f/2.8 II

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 14, 2014 23:18 |  #4

So, when are they going to introduce the magic camera shake removal feature they demonstrated a few years ago?

RangeMan
30 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jun 19, 2014 07:39 |  #5

I just read this on PC mag - they're also making the $9.99 monthly photographer bundle pricing permanent. So happy about that as I took the leap and ordered a few months ago.

Gear: 5D MkIII, 7D, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4,
Sigma 120-300 f2.8 IS Sports

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,807 posts
Gallery: 184 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 19, 2014 08:16 |  #6

Shadowblade wrote in post #16972269 (external link)
So, when are they going to introduce the magic camera shake removal feature they demonstrated a few years ago?

That's already in place amongst the sharpen filters and called 'shake reduction'.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Martin ­ Dixon
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jun 19, 2014 10:20 |  #7

Hope there is some more goodies.

flickr (external link) Editing OK (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,807 posts
Gallery: 184 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 19, 2014 11:22 as a reply to  @ Martin Dixon's post |  #8

What's New In Photoshop CC 2014. June 18, 2014 (external link)

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

sponsored links

1,178 views & 0 likes for this thread
New features coming to PS CC on the 18th.
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.