Challenge #491 - STAGE PHOTOS
From my own experience of the past weekend, I thought that the end of school year is a good time for stage photos.
It was not, but I got interesting entries and some clever titles too.
Comments in the order of appearance:
- teekay – G15 – At The Farmers Market
Not the usual stage, but certainly an interesting one. I love the rustic look of the structures, the concentration of the performers and the ladies talking about something not related to the music
I see a careful attention to the exposure, it seems a difficult balance of the bright sunlight and the shadows.
A lot of other interesting details! I wonder about the meaning of the banner above the stage or about the sign with something about the dogs.
Thank you for another first entry to start the challenge.
- OhLook – G15 – Young Drummer
Another performer in bright sunlight and an unusual background of trees. The low angle showing the bottom of the cymbals adds a bit of volume and the blurred drumsticks provide the movement, that is always interesting in a snapshot of a drummer.
- JimmyM – G15 – Jon Gomm Live at Leaf Bar Liverpool
It seems a typical small stage, and he a seasoned performer. Interesting to see the unusual wear in the guitar's body. The faint contrast between the black clothes and the black background plus the accurate exposure of the artist and the instrument contribute to produce an very interesting photo.
- Raven – G10 - Backstage in Wardrobe
Or the wardrobe in the backstage. There are always wardrobes behind the stage, although not always a little boy is allowed to be there, dreaming of wonderful tales. I love the reflected image, really resembles theatrical lighting after changing the direct flash in his back to a backlight in the reflected character. I am sure he will be in a real stage, at least in school.
- marie – Pro1 – Nature's 'Swan Lake' on its watery stage
Beautiful Swans, marie, I almost can hear the music of Tchaikovsky, and the photo title says it all: If the name of one of them is 'Odette then she may be the Enchanted Princess and she has her place in the mythical Stage of the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow or the Mariinsky Theatre in Saint Petersburg where the 'Swan Lake' Ballet fame started.
- 1st - JimmyM – G15 – Jon Gomm Live at Leaf Bar Liverpool
- 2nd - teekay – G15 – At The Farmers Market
- 3rd - OhLook – G15 – Young Drummer
JimmyM, congratulations. Choose your theme for challenge #492.
Welcome to the challenges with a fine sample of your work. Good Luck!
STAGE PHOTOS topic description:
Sunday 29 was the Giselle Ballet School Closing Gala 2013-2014.
It happens that my granddaughter (4) got her place as one of many Little Red Riding Hoods in the Sleeping Beauty Ballet with the music of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
I was there, pushing my old cameras to the limits, hopping to get a usable photo or two.
This week I'm asking you to emulate my quest , I hope with better look.
Show me your STAGE PHOTOS.
No need to have a Grand Ballet on hand. Theater in the school, Music in the school, Dance in the school are great subjects for the end of the year.
Anything related to preforming arts (professionals or amateurs) will be on topic, even performers in the street.
I would like to see stage lighting, stage action, but I'm not setting restrictions. I will see your interpretation of the theme. Be creative!.
Note: This topic and others related were presented before. Be kind and show as new material if possible. As stated in the rules, photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 07 July 2014.
- Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II and Pro1 only.
- Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
- Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
- Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- Posting --
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the message subject line.
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
- Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature
on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging"
(about a third of the way down the page).
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.