Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 13 Jul 2014 (Sunday) 13:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

".... (camera) unite/post photos" clogging up here

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 13, 2014 13:28 |  #1

What's with all these ridiculous threads clogging up this forum? There are 14 of them in this forum on the first page! God forbid someone asks a question about a camera it's all about liking old cameras here eh? And the camera you use isn't going to make your photos great so telling people to post their photos from only one camera is a bit egotistical.

This use to be a good forum for EOS camera discussion but I tend to now read other forums on this site instead.

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,897 posts
Joined May 2003

Jul 13, 2014 15:29 |  #2

I agree...perhaps its time to have a "United we stand" section and move them all over there.

vertigo235
Goldmember
2,009 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 13, 2014 16:16 |  #3

Kind of like the lens photo archive

Canon EOS 6D EOS 5D Mark III | Apple Iphone 6 | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM EF 85mm f/1.8 USM EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM 50mm F1.4 DG HSM ART | Samyang 85mm f/1.4 AS UMC | Canon Speedlite 430EX II Speedlite 90EX | Yongnuo YN-468II

h14nha
Goldmember
2,026 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 13, 2014 16:57 |  #4

Could be worse, you could be waiting for a 7D2. Then you really would have something to moan about. Very often in the 'rumours' thread there will be 8 threads about a possible 7D2, in the first ten threads..........

Ian
There's no fool like an old skool fool :D
myflickr (external link)
My Gear - 7d, / 16-35mm F4 / 70-200 2.8 II / 100-400 / 300mm 2.8 / :D Fuji X Pro1 / XT-1 Graphite 18/35/56

Tom_D
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jul 13, 2014 18:22 |  #5

I like seeing what folks are doing with particular camera models. I have a 40D and follow that thread. The 1DX fascinates me so I seeing the photos and discussions about the camera. I was disappointed in the 70D when it came out and followed the thread for a while but lost interest several pages worth ago. I'm looking forward to the 7DII thread starting and I'll follow that closely.

I think when interest in a camera dies the thread about it will move off the front page. All those "old cameras" have a lot of users and followers willing to discuss and share. Isn't that what this forum is about?

Gallery (external link)
7DMkII, 40D, 17-55, 70-200 f/2.8 IS and more...
More Wag, Less Bark

Davenn
991 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Jul 13, 2014 18:27 |  #6

Tom_D wrote in post #17029710 (external link)
I like seeing what folks are doing with particular camera models. ...............
I think when interest in a camera dies the thread about it will move off the front page. All those "old cameras" have a lot of users and followers willing to discuss and share. Isn't that what this forum is about

Yeah, me too :)

I would have thought so ?? ;)

cheers
Dave

A picture is worth 1000 words ;)
Canon 5D3, 6D, 700D, a bunch of lenses and other bits, ohhh and some Pentax stuff ;)

kevinstinks
241 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 13, 2014 18:34 |  #7

I like the idea of a sub forum for camera threads just like the lens sub forum. I rarely come to this section as well cause I get tired of seeing all the photo threads clogging it up.

5DIII, 24L f/1.4 II, 70-200L f/2.8 IS II, 

WilsonFlyer
632 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 13, 2014 19:31 |  #8

kevinstinks wrote in post #17029722 (external link)
I like the idea of a sub forum for camera threads just like the lens sub forum. I rarely come to this section as well cause I get tired of seeing all the photo threads clogging it up.

{Like}

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 13, 2014 21:56 |  #9

I don't see the real purpose of these threads specially when you can see that 90% of these photographs are heavily post processed and you cannot see anymore if they come from this or this camera.
These thread can be interesting ONLY if the photograph are straight out of the camera or/and processed by the camera itself with special option or personal set up to see how the camera do it and the result given by a kind of camera, but actually it's too much Post processed in LR/Photoshop to see something about the camera itself ...

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

GeoKras1989
Goldmember
4,038 posts
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 13, 2014 22:01 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

I kind of like reading things about older cameras. I also like reading things about cameras I can't afford, like 1Dx, 5DIII. I even like reading about cameras I have no interest in, like the 7D and 70D, just to see what other folks do with their equipment and talents. I like it like it is.

WARNING: I often dispense advice in fields I know little about!

GeoKras1989
Goldmember
4,038 posts
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 13, 2014 22:02 |  #11
bannedPermanent ban

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17030077 (external link)
I don't see the real purpose of these threads specially when you can see that 90% of these photographs are heavily post processed and you cannot see anymore if they come from this or this camera.
These thread can be interesting ONLY if the photograph are straight out of the camera or/and processed by the camera itself with special option or personal set up to see how the camera do it and the result given by a kind of camera, but actually it's too much Post processed in LR/Photoshop to see any differences between cameras

It is about time DV showed up with the cookies! Got milk?

WARNING: I often dispense advice in fields I know little about!

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 13, 2014 22:03 |  #12

GeoKras1989 wrote in post #17030091 (external link)
It is about time DV showed up with the cookies! Got milk?

yep and coffee too ;)

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,239 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jul 13, 2014 22:29 as a reply to  @ Reservoir Dog's post |  #13

This has been discussed before. Take a look AT THIS THREAD.

Mark

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,507 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Jul 13, 2014 22:44 |  #14

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17030077 (external link)
These thread can be interesting ONLY if the photograph are straight out of the camera or/and processed by the camera itself with special option or personal set up to see how the camera do it and the result given by a kind of camera, but actually it's too much Post processed in LR/Photoshop to see something about the camera itself ...

Except that these threads have a lot more than just sample photos in them. They're there to discuss those particular models. I find them extremely helpful, instead of having a billion "which camera?" threads people should go and poke around in those threads and decide for themselves. Or say you have a particular issue with a feature on your model, post that question in the thread for that model and you'll likely get an answer much faster without "cluttering" the sub-forums.

They're also great for showing new members that you don't need the latest and greatest model to take great photos. The rebel threads are full of just as many amazing images as the 5Diii thread imo.

I don't get why we need a thread complaining about there being too many threads... seems kinda ridiculous and redundant to me... 9/10 threads on this section of the forum are repeated questions, so what's the big deal?

It's a forum, people are here to discuss, if you don't like the topic, move along.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

karobinson
Goldmember
1,230 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 13, 2014 22:58 |  #15

"It's a forum, people are here to discuss, if you don't like the topic, move along."

Exactly.......

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

sponsored links

4,530 views & 0 likes for this thread
".... (camera) unite/post photos" clogging up here
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.