Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Jul 2014 (Monday) 18:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Camera Backpack Inserts…?

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 21, 2014 18:33 |  #1

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if someone has any solutions to my problem - I currently own an F-Stop Guru backpack that uses the ICU system to house camera gear. I'm looking for an insert that will fit that bag, for those days where I do not want to carry around an ICU or camera gear. Essentially, without the ICU, I want to make sure that nothing on the bag's insides are torn/ripped/punctured from whatever I want to put in there (e.g. binders, clothes, etc). I'm looking for something hopefully padded. I did come across this but it doesn't look like it'd fit: http://www.mindshiftge​ar.com …rofessional-padded-insert (external link). Just note that I'm just looking for an ICU that opens from the top, and just protects the inside threads, etc. of the bag, rather than one that carries camera gear, if that makes sense!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Xeo

sponsored links
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
50,026 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 22, 2014 11:36 |  #2

Domke, tenba Billingham and many others have full lines of inserts available to pick and chose from.

Me, if there are clothes involved, then I use them to wrap the gear and protect it.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

mine1
Goldmember
1,289 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 22, 2014 13:30 |  #3

I think he is trying to protect his backpack not his gear. he wants something for when he has to carry books. atleast that is what I got out of the last sentence of his/her post

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/81190407@N08/ (external link)
Canon 60d.Canon 18-135, 55-250 II, and 10-18 stm. and Benro C-1681t Travel Angel, with Sirui K20x head.

sawsedge
802 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jul 22, 2014 14:26 |  #4

I'm not sure how easy it will be the find the size you have in mind, but try searching Amazon.

Also, give F-stop a call and see if they have any ideas for you.

To make my old school backpack last longer (this was a long long time ago, hehe), I put a foam pad on the bottom and rested the books and binders on the pad.

I'd personally just get a Jansport student backpack to avoid risks to the F-stop bag.

- John

xeodragon
THREAD ­ STARTER
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 22, 2014 22:54 as a reply to  @ sawsedge's post |  #5

Yup, I'm looking for something to protect the insides of the backpack, rather than my camera gear. Essentially, I want to use the F-Stop Guru as an everyday backpack and insert the ICU (with camera gear) only when I need to. This saves me on having to buy two backpacks. I've contacted F-Stop but they just recommended either using clothing or a gym bag to protect the inside threads, etc. They may look into this in the future, however, it's not something on their immediate to do list. I'm looking for something more substantial, however, I haven't had much luck. If anyone comes across anything, let me know!

sawsedge
802 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jul 23, 2014 06:51 |  #6

How's your sewing skill? Maybe you can make something yourself. It doesn't need to be pretty on the inside.

For certain outings, I find my Loka a bit too large. I've been looking for an ICU that fits on one half, vertically, in my smaller daypack, so I can insert a body and one lens on half of the bag, and have the other items on the other half, both within easy reach. It would be organized sort of like the Gura gear Bataflae series, on the inside. I have found nothing, of course. I expect I'll have to make my own, just haven't gotten around to it.

- John

Heath
Goldmember
2,332 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 23, 2014 12:00 |  #7

I never thought to get an insert. I just throw my stuff in the bag. Been carrying it on a construction site for the last year. And except for some dirt on the outside, the bag is holding up extremely well.

Heath
"Some photographers push the envelope. Some sit behind a keyboard and criticize their accomplishments." (seen in the comments of a photo article)
Blog (external link)-Twitter (external link)-Zenfolio (external link)-500px (external link)-Pinterest (external link)-Gear List

sponsored links

1,035 views & 0 likes for this thread
Camera Backpack Inserts…?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.