Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 12 Aug 2014 (Tuesday) 16:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Criticizing the competition

LisaJH
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 14, 2014 16:45 |  #136

Nope, I already flagged it as being fake, and their response was to place it on top for all to see.

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
ksbal
Goldmember
2,745 posts
Gallery: 374 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 14, 2014 17:40 |  #137

He's an idiot. Anyone that even peeps at your photos knows it.

Good to know how Yelp handles things - what a crock.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

jecottrell
324 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Aug 14, 2014 17:48 |  #138

Looks like it has been removed.

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,639 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 14, 2014 17:51 |  #139

Someone should make a yelp review for yelp.

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 14, 2014 18:16 |  #140

jecottrell wrote in post #17096662 (external link)
Looks like it has been removed.

I flagged it so hopefully it has been taken care of.

Gear List

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 14, 2014 18:17 |  #141

LisaJH wrote in post #17096539 (external link)
Nope, I already flagged it as being fake, and their response was to place it on top for all to see.

Yeah..it's gone, but they need to move your other reviews back.

Gear List

LisaJH
Goldmember
1,887 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 14, 2014 18:42 |  #142

It's gone! Not sure what to do about all of my real reviews. They've been stuck in that 'not recommended' pile for ages. Lame.

~Mom of 11 and Professional Photographer~
5DIV | 5DIII | 5DII | 40D | 400L | 200L | 70-200L II | 85L | 50 1.0L | 50 1.2L | Sigma 50mm Art Lens | 16-35L II | TS-E 90 | 100 Macro | Random Lensbaby & OCF Gear
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | 500px (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Aki78
961 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 14, 2014 18:52 |  #143

Ugh I'm so sorry Lisa :(

I loathe Yelp as well. A friend of mine left a review who I also provided photography service and ended up in the not recommended pile. Not that I really use Yelp but it's pretty poor how they handle reviews.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,513 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Aug 14, 2014 19:10 |  #144

LisaJH wrote in post #17096749 (external link)
Not sure what to do about all of my real reviews. They've been stuck in that 'not recommended' pile for ages. Lame.

The stupid algorithm did it.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,294 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Aug 14, 2014 20:24 as a reply to  @ post 17096013 |  #145

You forgot: "film makes you a disciplined photographer because every shot costs you money and you won't pray and spray."

I know a photographer who once told me that she would never leave film. Then she bought a digital camera and has never looked back.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,756 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Aug 15, 2014 15:30 |  #146

LisaJH wrote in post #17095872 (external link)
It's all good. He's a nobody and means nothing to me. The more he opens his proverbial mouth, the worse he makes himself look.

You know, when I coded the new forum software image resizing and handling algorithms, I ended up using some specific threads as test material simply because I did not get bored looking at those photos day after day. One such thread was https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1299954 with your wonderful photos.

I think we have never pre-banned anyone, but anyone from picturetoburn.com will be banned on sight, they are not welcome here. The personal attack towards you has been entirely unprofessional and rude.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,095 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Aug 15, 2014 15:40 |  #147

Pekka wrote in post #17098504 (external link)
You know, when I coded the new forum software image resizing and handling algorithms, I ended up using some specific threads as test material simply because I did not get bored looking at those photos day after day. One such thread was https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1299954 with your wonderful photos.

I think we have never pre-banned anyone, but anyone from picturetoburn.com will be banned on sight, they are not welcome here. The personal attack towards you has been entirely unprofessional and rude.

:D:D:D Agree....

Savethemoment
488 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Aug 16, 2014 04:27 |  #148

Reminds me of when a new butcher opened in my area a few years ago. His marketing material made some snide comments which were clearly directed at the much loved existing butcher, who has been there for many years and knows all his customers.

I was interested in the new place because it was open on Sunday when the existing one isn't, but after seeing this nasty material I resolved never to set foot in the place, and I haven't!

I'd say it would be a strange individual who'd choose this photographer after reading through that stuff.

Always learning
Always looking for the good light

lookingforaname
820 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 16, 2014 11:19 |  #149

Pekka wrote in post #17098504 (external link)

Kudos to the admins. Very good call. The yelping issue is the one that puts it over the personal attack edge - the blog is bad enough, but fake reviewing in yelp is beyond rude, it's slander.

June Day Photography - Junedayphoto.com (external link)

Road ­ Dog
Goldmember
1,208 posts
Gallery: 133 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Aug 16, 2014 11:56 |  #150

joeblack2022 wrote in post #17096049 (external link)
Are you referring to the criticism of his actions or his photos? Or both?

The criticism of his actions. While he absolutely shouldn't have done what he did, I just think it's ironic that people here are being critical of him for the same things for which he's being critical of someone else.

As for his photos, that's subjective. I think some are good, and I think some are bad.

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

sponsored links

17,553 views & 0 likes for this thread
Criticizing the competition
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.