Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 20 Aug 2014 (Wednesday) 17:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What softbox or mount will fit my Flashpoint 3oow?

flowrider
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 21, 2014 17:08 |  #16

Sorry looks OEC carry softboxes that come complete with speedrings anymore. You can just order the speedring from Adorama and then use pretty much any softbox I believe.

Link (external link)

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

sponsored links
Alveric
Goldmember
4,598 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 21, 2014 17:19 |  #17
bannedPermanent ban

Phil V wrote in post #17109996 (external link)
You'll find stockists of similar lights on ebay that'll also sell softboxes for them.

But my advice would be, beyond your Westcott type I wouldn't waste any more money on proprietary softboxes for that light (they'll be poor quality and they won't fit any future better lights). Save that money for your next light, and make sure it has a proper mount, so you can start building a system with proper modifiers.

I second that.

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

flowrider
Goldmember
3,586 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 21, 2014 17:50 |  #18

Too true. If you like the style of the lights get the Mettle branded ones. They have a Bowens mount o them.

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

digitalduck
THREAD ­ STARTER
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Aug 21, 2014 19:22 |  #19

flowrider wrote in post #17110145 (external link)
Sorry looks OEC carry softboxes that come complete with speedrings anymore. You can just order the speedring from Adorama and then use pretty much any softbox I believe.

Link (external link)

What's funny is I asked tr genius at adorama about the speed right for all moonlights and he said it wouldn't fit the budget ones :( and I had to get the one thet was OOS. Although I did point out to him how contradictory it sounded.

Alveric
Goldmember
4,598 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 21, 2014 19:34 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

That's the thing with 'budget' stuff: you end up paying for it several times over in terms of time, money, and frustration. Grr.

'The success of the second-rate is deplorable in itself; but it is more deplorable in that it very often obscures the genuine masterpiece. If the crowd runs after the false, it must neglect the true.' —Arthur Machen
Why 'The Histogram' Sux (external link)

Buchinger
467 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 21, 2014 20:30 |  #21

They are not BOWENS mounts on Flashpoint. I personally just bought a cheap Flashpoint version. But I believe the speeding mount is a Balcor - Adorama will tell you if you ask!

digitalduck
THREAD ­ STARTER
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Aug 21, 2014 22:37 |  #22

Curious, not so much as the brand but mor the point, but wouldnt "this" work?

http://www.amazon.com …&sr=1-15&keywords=softbox (external link)

http://www.amazon.com …d&sr=1-1&keywords=softbox (external link)

Spring ring fits most strobe heads up to 4 inches in diameter

I was looking for a "nicer" umbrella, Westcot version becuase the shaft on mine snapped and was going to put a dowel in it, but figured if im not replacing it wiht a nice traditional softbox as weve been discussing, might at least replace my snapped softbox before i fix it....since i can just use the monolight reflecting out from inside...

FlashZebra
This space available
4,427 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 21, 2014 22:55 |  #23

Buchinger wrote in post #17110428 (external link)
They are not BOWENS mounts on Flashpoint. I personally just bought a cheap Flashpoint version. But I believe the speeding mount is a Balcor - Adorama will tell you if you ask!

The member that replied to this thread called:

"HelenOster"

is a high level customer service rep for Adorama.

Enjoy! Lon

http://flashzebra.com/ (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 22, 2014 00:36 |  #24

FlashZebra wrote in post #17110598 (external link)
The member that replied to this thread called:

"HelenOster"

is a high level customer service rep for Adorama.

Enjoy! Lon

Oooh.....'high level.....' I likee!!!

Seriously, if you have tech questions about our house brands, please email me directly: Helen@adorama.com (external link) with specifics. We have an in-house expert, the person who deals directly with the factory and all aspects of production. He is the person who can give conclusive answers and I will forward all queries to him.

sponsored links

6,854 views & 0 likes for this thread
What softbox or mount will fit my Flashpoint 3oow?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.