Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 23 Aug 2014 (Saturday) 10:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WILL THIS WORK?

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Aug 23, 2014 10:26 |  #1

Hi,

I am planning to purchase the 600ex rt and YN er rt, I have an existing 430 ex II. To my assumption, the YN er rt trigger is only designed for radio transmission capable speedlights which is the 600ex. My question is, can the 600ex rt still work as a master flash to light the 430ex II if triggered by the transmitter? If not, is there a way to pop up the 430 or should I just go to full rt system?

Thanks in advance.

sponsored links
The ­ Loft ­ Studios
Goldmember
1,068 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 23, 2014 10:56 |  #2

Jiggo0109 wrote in post #17113080 (external link)
Hi,

I am planning to purchase the 600ex rt and YN er rt, I have an existing 430 ex II. To my assumption, the YN er rt trigger is only designed for radio transmission capable speedlights which is the 600ex. My question is, can the 600ex rt still work as a master flash to light the 430ex II if triggered by the transmitter? If not, is there a way to pop up the 430 or should I just go to full rt system?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would go with the FULL Canon 600EX-RT System (which I have done and WILL NEVER look back)….. But to get back to your question, you can use the 600EX-RT (Master Flash) to trigger the 430EXII (Slave Flash), however, you can ONLY do it in IR/Optical Mode, not radio…..

MARK

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Aug 23, 2014 11:05 |  #3

The Loft Studios wrote in post #17113111 (external link)
Personally I would go with the FULL Canon 600EX-RT System (which I have done and WILL NEVER look back)….. But to get back to your question, you can use the 600EX-RT (Master Flash) to trigger the 430EXII (Slave Flash), however, you can ONLY do it in IR/Optical Mode, not radio…..

This is what I meant... Camera with attached YN er rt (transmitter)----- 600ex rt------ 430exII. Is this possible?

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 23, 2014 11:59 |  #4

Jiggo0109 wrote in post #17113132 (external link)
This is what I meant... Camera with attached YN er rt (transmitter)----- 600ex rt------ 430exII. Is this possible?

No not possible. Two different systems plus their can only be one Master and it needs to be in or directly connected to the cameras hot shoe via an Ettl cord. Go all RT and use the <Gr> mode. The YN transmitter makes the RT system more functional with the ability to use wireless rear curtain sync and the <Gr> mode with older DSLRs but it will drain batteries if left in when not in use and it will from time to time not wake Slaves but a quick off then back on of the power switch solves that issue.

Rand

Gear

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Aug 23, 2014 18:37 |  #5

agv8or wrote in post #17113209 (external link)
No not possible. Two different systems plus their can only be one Master and it needs to be in or directly connected to the cameras hot shoe via an Ettl cord. Go all RT and use the <Gr> mode. The YN transmitter makes the RT system more functional with the ability to use wireless rear curtain sync and the <Gr> mode with older DSLRs but it will drain batteries if left in when not in use and it will from time to time not wake Slaves but a quick off then back on of the power switch solves that issue.

Thanks rand, that means I have to wait for the yongnou 600ex rt version. Are yongnou flashes reliable? Overall quality and durability?

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 23, 2014 22:06 |  #6

There are a lot of people, myself included, who are patiently waiting for Yongnuo to release their version of the 600EX-RT.

Rand

Gear

sponsored links

914 views & 0 likes for this thread
WILL THIS WORK?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.