Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Sep 2014 (Friday) 13:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Advice needed on equipment purchase and other questions

digitalduck
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 12, 2014 13:04 |  #1

Hi guys, so long story short is I need to replace and or get new equipment but I have some questions before hand:

1. So I have a damaged Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS that needs to be repaired. The cam or base cracked so it’s like a clam shell now and I can see the guts. It still works if its taped or held shut. I like the lens so I don’t think its worth it to get something else maybe in hopes of preparing for a FF Canon sooner than later…Also, I need the sigma for landscape work.. I paid $370 for it and the Sigma lady said it could average between 70-$150 I guess there really isn’t a question there, sorry lol
2. I think I want to change over to Prophoto from Smugmug.. Reason, I just like the customization ability and options vs SM.
3. I think I want an extra lens but am not sure which. I am still just a portrait guy but ill be doing more kids and some baby shoots soon. My Sigma can get to 50mm but it’s not the same as having a 50mm say 1.8 or even 1.4 however I also like the 85mm 1.8 Rented it for a couple shoots once nad it was nice… sure its prime, but it was nice… does it make more sense to get a prime 50 rather than trying to use the sigma 17-50 for that purpose?
4. I want to get a 758dr and sell my 358 reason is just because of the 1* spot meter and ability to store readings and determine average reading for the scene… etc
5. I want to replace my damaged 568exii flash with something lesser. Questions is, if the flash does not do ETTL but its in a Yongnuo 622c TTL wont it still be TTL then or does the flash have to support it first…
6. Given the fact that I only have a 60D I need someone to tell me that it still makes more sense to save up for a 6D rather than buy something like a 7D now..

fredrikb81
109 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 12, 2014 15:10 |  #2

Sorry, read your post 5 times but cannot figure out whether you had a question in there or not? What is it you are looking for answers on?

digitalduck
THREAD ­ STARTER
595 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Sep 12, 2014 15:47 |  #3

Yeah I reread it again and I guess just opinions if at al possible :)

gremlin75
Goldmember
2,727 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 12, 2014 15:51 |  #4

1. OK
2. Um, ok...not a question to be found there either. Thats just a statement
3. If you want the shallower depth of field that a 50 f1.8 or f1.4 offers then yes it makes sense.
4. See #2
5. The flash has to support ETTL to do ETTL. The trigger doesn't turn a manual flash into an ettl flash
6. If you need someone to tell you then then it must not make sense.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

628 views & 0 likes for this thread
Advice needed on equipment purchase and other questions
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.