Hi guys, so long story short is I need to replace and or get new equipment but I have some questions before hand:
1. So I have a damaged Sigma 17-50 2.8 OS that needs to be repaired. The cam or base cracked so it’s like a clam shell now and I can see the guts. It still works if its taped or held shut. I like the lens so I don’t think its worth it to get something else maybe in hopes of preparing for a FF Canon sooner than later…Also, I need the sigma for landscape work.. I paid $370 for it and the Sigma lady said it could average between 70-$150 I guess there really isn’t a question there, sorry lol
2. I think I want to change over to Prophoto from Smugmug.. Reason, I just like the customization ability and options vs SM.
3. I think I want an extra lens but am not sure which. I am still just a portrait guy but ill be doing more kids and some baby shoots soon. My Sigma can get to 50mm but it’s not the same as having a 50mm say 1.8 or even 1.4 however I also like the 85mm 1.8 Rented it for a couple shoots once nad it was nice… sure its prime, but it was nice… does it make more sense to get a prime 50 rather than trying to use the sigma 17-50 for that purpose?
4. I want to get a 758dr and sell my 358 reason is just because of the 1* spot meter and ability to store readings and determine average reading for the scene… etc
5. I want to replace my damaged 568exii flash with something lesser. Questions is, if the flash does not do ETTL but its in a Yongnuo 622c TTL wont it still be TTL then or does the flash have to support it first…
6. Given the fact that I only have a 60D I need someone to tell me that it still makes more sense to save up for a 6D rather than buy something like a 7D now..