Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 15 Sep 2014 (Monday) 11:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,839 posts
Gallery: 235 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited over 6 years ago by Methodical.

Jan 10, 2015 15:43 |  #3451

JVthePT wrote in post #17375862 (external link)
Thanks moltengold and Doc. For some reason I can't find exif info since the new forum was introduced. If there's a trick I'm missing someone please enlighten me.

Their image has to have exif data to be able to view it. I think the exif was stripped when load to POTN. Alternatively, you can click on the image link and go to the Flickr page and see the exif.

Gear
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

sponsored links
Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
8,561 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 10, 2015 17:01 |  #3452

Methodical wrote in post #17375917 (external link)
Their image has to have exif data to be able to view it. I think the exif was stripped when load to POTN. Alternatively, you can click on the image link and go to the Flickr page and see the exif.

To see the EXIF when it is loaded to the Forum, you have to click on the eye glasses first, then use an EXIF data program to see it then.

If the image doesn't have eye glasses in the top right corner, enlarge your screen until it does. With mine I click Control + until it appears. Then Click Control 0 to get it back to normal.

Philip

McNeese72
Goldmember
1,276 posts
Gallery: 1001 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 10, 2015 17:31 |  #3453

Normally, I add the exif data and add the photo to my gallery here. But, as I had already posted this in the College Basketball thread in the Sports image section and added the exif data there and added it already to my gallery, it wouldn't allow me to add the exif data to show it above the photo here. Said that duplicate photos weren't allowed in the exif metadata section or something like that.

Doc

2 Canon 1Dx's | Canon R6 | EF 70-200 F2.8 L IS II | Canon 300mm F2.8 I | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM | Canon Extender EF 2x III | Canon Extender EF 1.4x III | Editing of photos is okay.

Doc's Shots (external link) USMMcNeese72 Flickr Page (external link)

JVthePT
Goldmember
1,469 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined May 2012

Jan 10, 2015 19:59 |  #3454

I have an EXIF reading program installed on my PC but it doesn't seem to read EXIF here. Still works well everywhere else, the new forum is great but this is a pain. I would think the creator of this new board woikd understand that EXIF data is important to us as photographers to learn, ask educated questions, etc.
Making it harder to find seems like a step backwards.

6D & 7D mark II - Canon 16-35 f/4 IS L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L, Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II L, Canon 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS II, Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 100 f/2.8 USM macro, Canon EF 1.4x III
flickr (external link)

snerd
662 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Jan 10, 2015 20:19 |  #3455

Just finished looking through all of this thread. I have to say.......... incredible images! I remember so much crying and whining when this camera first came out........... is it safe to say most of you have figured out the finer points of using it?

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,839 posts
Joined Oct 2008
Post edited over 6 years ago by Methodical. (3 edits in all)

Jan 10, 2015 22:03 |  #3456

Nogo wrote in post #17376012 (external link)
To see the EXIF when it is loaded to the Forum, you have to click on the eye glasses first, then use an EXIF data program to see it then.

If the image doesn't have eye glasses in the top right corner, enlarge your screen until it does. With mine I click Control + until it appears. Then Click Control 0 to get it back to normal.

Interesting, I use an exif data program and when the exif is available a little blue camera shows up at the bottom right corner of the image. I just click on it and it provides the exif data or I can right click on the image.

Control + for me only enlarges (zoom in) the screen.

Gear
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,839 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 10, 2015 22:13 |  #3457

JVthePT wrote in post #17376231 (external link)
I have an EXIF reading program installed on my PC but it doesn't seem to read EXIF here. Still works well everywhere else, the new forum is great but this is a pain. I would think the creator of this new board woikd understand that EXIF data is important to us as photographers to learn, ask educated questions, etc.
Making it harder to find seems like a step backwards.

The image has to be uploaded with the exif or the exif program can't see it.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

Nogo
8,561 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 10, 2015 22:30 |  #3458

Methodical wrote in post #17376355 (external link)
Interesting, I use an exif data program and when the exif is available a little blue camera shows up at the bottom right corner of the image. I just click on it and it provides the exif data or I can right click on the image.

Control + for me only enlarges (zoom in) the screen.

Yes, that is what Control + is supposed to do. You have to enlarge the image large enough that the glasses will appear, then click on the glasses. Depending on the size of the image, I may have to click repeatedly to get it to enlarge enough for the glasses to appear. I have a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. It will work with almost any size photo. I guess if you have an even higher resolution screen, it may be possible you can't enlarge the screen large enough for that trick to work.

After you do that, if the EXIF was uploaded, your "blue camera" will work the same as it will on other sites.

Philip

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,839 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 10, 2015 22:53 |  #3459

Nogo wrote in post #17376393 (external link)
Yes, that is what Control + is supposed to do. You have to enlarge the image large enough that the glasses will appear, then click on the glasses. Depending on the size of the image, I may have to click repeatedly to get it to enlarge enough for the glasses to appear. I have a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. It will work with almost any size photo. I guess if you have an even higher resolution screen, it may be possible you can't enlarge the screen large enough for that trick to work.

After you do that, if the EXIF was uploaded, your "blue camera" will work the same as it will on other sites.

When I click on the glasses all I get is a larger image, but no exif data option. The only time I see the exif data is if the blue camera is available.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

Nogo
8,561 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 10, 2015 23:10 |  #3460

Methodical wrote in post #17376417 (external link)
When I click on the glasses all I get is a larger image, but no exif data option. The only time I see the exif data is if the blue camera is available.

The EXIF was not uploaded then (if loaded directly to the forum.) I know if it is a Flickr photo, the only time you will see the EXIF is if the user uploaded the photo at 1280px or smaller and then posted the photo on the site at the original size. Also, some people change their settings so that the EXIF is not uploaded. If it is not loaded, there is nothing you can do to see the EXIF.

Philip

Itsed65
Goldmember
4,687 posts
Gallery: 1985 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 10, 2015 23:27 |  #3461

It's white-tailed kite week for me, as every park I have been to lately, I have seen these small raptors doing their kiting thing over fields looking for varmints to eat. This was a very overcast morning and I was using the 100-400II with the 1.4(II) TC at 560mm.

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7503/16065198379_0d0c4eae65_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qtCk​LX  (external link)
Lethal Raptor (external link) by lennycarl08 (external link), on Flickr

Fuji XT-2, XT-3, Sony A7RIV, A9 and RX10 MK IV
My Flickr (external link)

Lester ­ Wareham
29,762 posts
Gallery: 3045 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2005

Jan 11, 2015 02:07 |  #3462

What strips the EXIF is the Flickr server if you use a size other than origional, else you can click a button and AMASS will display the EXIF above the image for you. See Levina's message about this linked in my sig.

My Photography Home Page (external link)
Gear List
FAQ on UV and Clear Protective Filters
Macrophotography by LordV
flickr (external link) Flickr Home (external link)

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,839 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 11, 2015 02:45 |  #3463

Nogo wrote in post #17376434 (external link)
The EXIF was not uploaded then (if loaded directly to the forum.) I know if it is a Flickr photo, the only time you will see the EXIF is if the user uploaded the photo at 1280px or smaller and then posted the photo on the site at the original size. Also, some people change their settings so that the EXIF is not uploaded. If it is not loaded, there is nothing you can do to see the EXIF.

Yes, that's what I stated earlier, if it's not there you can't see it no matter what.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

TerminalCity
237 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2013

Jan 11, 2015 04:21 |  #3464

Some really good images from everyone lately. I went out for another sunset last night, a bit of an experiment combining some long exposures around Sunset time.

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7472/16057015480_8facae2eef_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qsUp​hu  (external link) Sky on fire (external link) by TerminalCityNZ (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7477/16250410821_68fd8c8157_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qKZA​YV  (external link) The Jetty of South New Brighton (external link) by TerminalCityNZ (external link), on Flickr

TheAndyMan
63 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 11, 2015 05:12 |  #3465

Awesome shots, really like the second one

sponsored links

10,557,203 views & 101,356 likes for this thread
-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.