Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 21 Feb 2006 (Tuesday) 06:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

It finally happened – I’m not a virgin anymore

supplier
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 21, 2006 06:54 |  #1

:o Thanks all for previous (and maybe still future support – just kidding). thanks to this forum I was pretty prepared. Before wedding I met with the video and photo Pro’s. They both were nice. Gave me some tips on a fly, pulled me over to the right spots along (maybe not to interfere with their shooting, but still – I got some experience too), allow do photojournalist style shooting in studio during formals, but also asked not to shoot flash until they are done with formals during the actual ceremony – it’s understandable—they were short on time too. So it was not so stressful experience as I expected. On other hand I have some camera malfunctioning that made me to stop shooting even before first dance, and cake was out of picture as well (even though I had film SLR for backup, I made my mind to enjoy rest of the wedding (and awesome) food instead of going through film processing later.

The bottom line I’m happy to be able to start wedding portfolio, but I do not have enough shot for the whole story. I was allowed to take no more that few (two) shots after each of formals, but because of all stress, people start moving as soon as Pro’s lift there cameras, and I was to shy to command people to stay away from my shots.
(I think I got pretty good half a story though). On most of my shots during the ceremony I got some flying body parts in the frame or blinking eyes, but it can be fixed in PS. Because it’s friends wedding I do not have to turn it in quickly. Few weeks should be reasonable for them and for me (they going on honeymoon anyway). So I’ll post more pictures as they done.

I will definitely try to find a second wedding to shoot for free just to get into the game. I sort of like it (just because I’m not under contract and just in training, I guess).

Next time it’ll be all better.
Vlad

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
BLINN
587 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 21, 2006 07:57 |  #2

they look good so far..

MBCL Photography
Michael Blinn
Your Eye's the Limit:cool:
http://mbclphotography​.com (external link)

supplier
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 21, 2006 10:10 as a reply to  @ BLINN's post |  #3

some more i just did..

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

supplier
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 21, 2006 10:11 as a reply to  @ supplier's post |  #4

and the last two... Thanks for the attention

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

tim
Light Bringer
50,935 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 22, 2006 02:52 |  #5

Nice photos :) Watch your depth of field for images like #2, it can be tough if there's not enough light but you should try and get both in sharp focus :)

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

VanceW
209 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 22, 2006 04:16 |  #6

One little nit, the first image you've missed the top corner of the mirror frame, but I like the idea you were going for. :)

Tim already pointed out the other (and only) other "little" whups I could see.

I think you've done a very good job, and I'm sure the couple will be happy with them. :)

As I've posted elsewhere, I've got my first coming up this Saturday and I believe a bunch of caterpillers have just shown up in my midsection. ;)

Vance White
30D(new)10D
17-40mm f4/L 28-135mm IS 70-200mm f4/L
400mm 5.6/L and a whole bag of extra goodies.

My humble spot on the big ole web.
http://www.vancewhitep​hotography.com (external link)

supplier
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 22, 2006 10:26 as a reply to  @ VanceW's post |  #7

Tim and Vance, thanks for the support:)

By the way how is the colors look to you? (RAW corrected on PC) and the exposure as well. Some people told me the pics are too dark. Please advice

VanceW
209 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 22, 2006 12:44 |  #8

Look's good on my laptop. :D

I was wondering, in the third image, where you took the couple at the alter, you "might" want to try cloning out the videographer just to the left. His light is a bit distracting, but didn't wash out the image for you. ;)

Vance White
30D(new)10D

supplier
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 23, 2006 13:08 as a reply to  @ VanceW's post |  #9

VanceW wrote:
Look's good on my laptop. :D

I was wondering, in the third image, where you took the couple at the alter, you "might" want to try cloning out the videographer just to the left. His light is a bit distracting, but didn't wash out the image for you. ;)

Vance,

good luck with your wedding!

VanceW
209 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 23, 2006 14:11 |  #10

Thanks!

Pop the cherry Saturday evening. :D

Will hopefully have some stuff to share sometime next week. ;)

Vance White
30D(new)10D

CyberPet
Hiding Under a Rock
4,052 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 24, 2006 10:37 |  #11

With some photohops trickery you could probably "fix" the mirror and get a great shot (it's such a great idea). I think you did very well for being your first time. Something that hits me - which is real tricky - is to get the flash exposure to not overpower the images. Some of the images could win on some less flash power, i.e. letting more of the ambient light to show, and the flash just "fill in" the rest that's missing.

/Petra Hall
Click here to view my geeky gear list
I shoot as much as possible in available light... sometimes, my flash is available – Joe Buissink

Curtis ­ N
Master Flasher
19,129 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Feb 24, 2006 11:50 as a reply to  @ VanceW's post |  #12

VanceW wrote:
in the third image, where you took the couple at the alter, you "might" want to try cloning out the videographer just to the left.

No "might" about it, he needs to go. ;)

Nice job in a high-pressure environment!

"If you're not having fun, your pictures will reflect that." - Joe McNally
Chicago area POTN events (external link)
Flash Photography 101 | The EOS Flash Bible  (external link)| Techniques for Better On-Camera Flash (external link) | How to Use Flash Outdoors| Excel-based DOF Calculator (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 24, 2006 11:52 |  #13

Nice wedding shots. I love the look on her face in #2. Good comment about the DoF. I always forget and regret it later.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

zacker
Cream of the Crop
6,005 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Feb 24, 2006 12:16 |  #14

they do look good... whats up with the bride? she looks really pissed off? most are happy on the wedding day!
-zacker-

http://www.theanimalha​ven.com (external link)
My Facebook, Friend me If you want!http://www.facebook.co​m/brokenfencephotograp​hy (external link)

http://www.facebook.co​m/theanimalhaven?ref=t​s (external link)

supplier
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Feb 24, 2006 15:44 as a reply to  @ zacker's post |  #15

Thanks for the support, folks. I'm re-working all pictures in PS and they are comming really nice. I'm more happy now than i was first evening after downloading them to the computer.

Zacker, the bride is one of the nicest people i ever know (besides my wife and myself, of caurse;) ) and she's pissed off that's wedding is one day long only, but it takes 5 months for preparations;)

regards, Vlad

sponsored links

6,533 views & 0 likes for this thread
It finally happened – I’m not a virgin anymore
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.