Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 Nov 2014 (Tuesday) 05:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

For what its worth

sega62
THREAD ­ STARTER
756 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 13, 2014 18:48 |  #91

Hogloff wrote in post #17270530 (external link)
Yes...but how do you narrow down what cameras to test? By listening to people on forms like this...I think not. By spending a couple of hours at various sites looking at their results...yep.

How do you decide? Listening to Thom?

Hey Hog, since you take some great pics the way you talk, might want to share them with me and i am curious to see the results.
Also might want to add some of your raw file, along with some of canons....
Since you use those brands.
Doen'st have to be tonight, i am in no hurry.

So just go shoot a couple of pics ,the same subject, same lens quality.....no PP, just raw.
Thanks

sponsored links
elitejp
Goldmember
1,779 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 13, 2014 21:02 as a reply to  @ sega62's post |  #92

oh dear another pissing match. Hogloff if i were you i would just walk away. Your very first post was really all that needed to be said. However your going to have a hard time arguing against all the rabbit trails.

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

elitejp
Goldmember
1,779 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 13, 2014 21:08 |  #93

sega62 wrote in post #17270547 (external link)
Hey Hog, since you take some great pics the way you talk, might want to share them with me and i am curious to see the results.
Also might want to add some of your raw file, along with some of canons....
Since you use those brands.
Doen'st have to be tonight, i am in no hurry.

So just go shoot a couple of pics ,the same subject, same lens quality.....no PP, just raw.
Thanks

would that honestly prove to you which camera is better? tell me which camera produces better pics the new canon 7d2 or the 6d
lets not be childesh you started a thread about dxo marks not representing the whole of what canon offers. I dont think they do for any camera. They test the sensor, just a part of a whole.

6D; canon 85mm 1.8, Tamron 24-70mm VC, Canon 135L Canon 70-200L is ii

CanonPaperboy
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Nov 2014

Nov 13, 2014 21:18 |  #94
bannedPermanent ban

Nikon/Sony sensors have more dynamic range at base ISO. Period.

If that is important to you than go with Nikon. It is one part of the equation. Some don't care for it, others consider it the most important aspect. DXO results and real life testing bear this fact out (yes, there is photographic proof)

That's all

sega62
THREAD ­ STARTER
756 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 13, 2014 21:22 |  #95

elitejp wrote in post #17270791 (external link)
would that honestly prove to you which camera is better? tell me which camera produces better pics the new canon 7d2 or the 6d
lets not be childesh you started a thread about dxo marks not representing the whole of what canon offers. I dont think they do for any camera. They test the sensor, just a part of a whole.

Really I would like some better pics to compare, just for the sake of it, its personal, nothing that needs to be shown here.
A lots of pics from the web are not easyto compare, i mean real life, not just some shadows and PP images.
So while we are talking bout images, i would like to get my hands on some real good pics.
Like i said, its for my own evaluation, nothing else, if you got some website i can go check and that are impartial....

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
16,577 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Nov 13, 2014 22:22 |  #96

Sega62, I can provide raws if you really want. It'll be an extreme scenario, but you'll get the point.

Sony A7siii/A7iii/ZV-1 - FE 24/1.4 - SY 24/2.8 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Tamron 17-28/2.8 - 28-75/2.8 - 28-200 RXD
Panasonic G9 - Laowa 7.5/2 - PL 15/1.7 - P 42.5/1.8 - OM 75/1.8 - PL 10-25/1.7 - P 12-32 - P 14-140

gabebalazs
Bird Whisperer
7,640 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 14, 2014 09:02 |  #97

idkdc wrote in post #17270307 (external link)
Seems like CanonPaperboy is making answers for Hogloff. I could be wrong, but it's probably a duplicate account here made just for this thread.

CanonPaperboy - now banned - was most likely the reincarnation of also-banned CanonVsNikon. All signs pointed to that.

SONY A7RIII | SONY A7III | SONY RX10 IV | SONY RX100 | 24-70 2.8 GM | 70-200 2.8 GM | 16-35 F/4 | PZ 18-105 F/4 | FE 85 1.8 | FE 28-70 | SIGMA 35 1.4 ART | SIGMA 150-600 C | ROKINON 14 2.8
Gabe Balazs Photo (external link)
Nature Shots Portfolio (external link)

Azathoth
" ...whose name no lips dare speak aloud"
1,521 posts
Gallery: 692 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 14, 2014 15:48 as a reply to  @ gabebalazs's post |  #98

yay one more thread about Dxo scores... :rolleyes:

500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Blue Jimny Madeira (external link)

idkdc
Goldmember
3,223 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Nov 14, 2014 16:48 |  #99

gabebalazs wrote in post #17271463 (external link)
CanonPaperboy - now banned - was most likely the reincarnation of also-banned CanonVsNikon. All signs pointed to that.

Good riddance.

I like big cinema cameras and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny

speedync
Goldmember
1,531 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined May 2011

Nov 14, 2014 17:41 |  #100

Charlie wrote in post #17270903 (external link)
Sega62, I can provide raws if you really want. It'll be an extreme scenario, but you'll get the point.

I'd also like to see some of Hogloffs work. He obviously goes to a lot of effort for lots of his shots, so I wouldn't mind seeing what he produces. And what the difference is between the higher & lower rated sensors. I think I asked in another thread, but got no answer.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Nov 14, 2014 20:06 |  #101
bannedPermanent ban

speedync wrote in post #17272401 (external link)
I'd also like to see some of Hogloffs work. He obviously goes to a lot of effort for lots of his shots, so I wouldn't mind seeing what he produces. And what the difference is between the higher & lower rated sensors. I think I asked in another thread, but got no answer.

Ok...I'm traveling on business right now but will try to create a Flikr account and upload some older stuff I have in my Dropbox account. It won't be side by side images from my 5d2 and A7R for comparison...but it will give you a feel for the type of photos I shoot and sell.

The side by side comparison of real world images will need to be done when I get back home and have some time...whenever that is.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Nov 14, 2014 20:15 |  #102
bannedPermanent ban

OK. For those interested in what I shoot, I've moved some photos from my dropbox account to Flikr.

You can see them here: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/99304906@N07/ (external link)

The one of the salmon, I made it to look like a painting and a couple weeks ago I got it hanging in a resort lodge over a 20' high stone fireplace printed 4' x 6' onto canvas and float mounted. Looks awesome.

harry

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,918 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 14, 2014 20:23 |  #103

Hogloff wrote in post #17272628 (external link)
OK. For those interested in what I shoot, I've moved some photos from my dropbox account to Flikr.

You can see them here: https://www.flickr.com​/photos/99304906@N07/ (external link)

The one of the salmon, I made it to look like a painting and a couple weeks ago I got it hanging in a resort lodge over a 20' high stone fireplace printed 4' x 6' onto canvas and float mounted. Looks awesome.

harry

Nice! I always appreciate seeing photography from all who participate on POTN. Add the link to your POTN signature so it's always easy to visit your flickr page.

I wish everyone had a link to their photos; it's always nice to see where people are coming from. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Nov 14, 2014 20:27 |  #104
bannedPermanent ban

David Arbogast wrote in post #17272640 (external link)
Nice! I always appreciate seeing photography from all who participate on POTN. Add the link to your POTN signature so it's always easy to visit your flickr page.

I wish everyone had a link to their photos; it's always nice to see where people are coming from. :)

David, I'm in the midst of retiring from my career and moving into the next stage of life where I'll be traveling and doing documentary photography as well as landscape. I uploaded a few images I had in my Dropbox account to let others see some of my work and understand some challenges I have shooting my images. Flikr is not going to be my website as I'm in the middle of creating my own personal site. I won't release my personal site until I have time to keep it fresh...until then this Flikr site with a few images will have to do.

speedync
Goldmember
1,531 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Joined May 2011

Nov 15, 2014 02:13 |  #105

Hogloff wrote in post #17272628 (external link)

And some magnificent shots there too. I particularly like A60.5, & Awakening. The 24-105 got a workout a few years back :)

sponsored links

12,083 views & 0 likes for this thread
For what its worth
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.