Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New format.. makes me dizzy

this thread is locked
Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,219 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited over 5 years ago by Chet.

Dec 03, 2014 22:40 |  #751

snerd wrote in post #17310248 (external link)
I find myself reading all of the gripe threads and ignoring the photography content pages lately. I guess it's my inner geek coming out.

:p

Like a good bm, this too shall pass.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,620 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 03, 2014 22:48 |  #752

Chet wrote in post #17310254 (external link)
Like a good bm, this too shall pass.

And Chet is there to make sure it all transitions smoothly...

:rolleyes:

SmugMug (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,219 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 03, 2014 22:50 |  #753

Harm wrote in post #17310268 (external link)
And Chet is there to make sure it all transitions smoothly...

:rolleyes:

I'll break out the white soda!

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 03, 2014 23:04 |  #754

Can we Joanie-loves-Chachi this thread or what? Never mind. Carry on.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

light_pilgrim
922 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2012
Post edited over 5 years ago by light_pilgrim.

Dec 04, 2014 02:16 |  #755

I am trying to be open minded....it is a change....it will take time to adjust, but it is a lot more difficult to understand the forum. I can't find my way...not sure where to look for things...confusing, but we shall see how it goes. It is hear to stay, so people will need to adjust:-)

I was a very active user of 1x.com, but after the change I never managed to find my way....after 1 year of trying, to I gave up:-)

I think DPReview is a very clean and easy to follow forum. What do you think?

www.lightpilgrim.com (external link) ||1x.com (external link) ||500px.com (external link)

Littlefield
Goldmember
1,294 posts
Gallery: 160 photos
Joined Jan 2006
Post edited over 5 years ago by Littlefield.

Dec 04, 2014 03:45 |  #756

Please never have a black background like DPReview.
Don

mr ­ peas
63 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 04, 2014 04:13 |  #757

Pekka wrote in post #17304191 (external link)
I'm not prohibiting any venting :)

@Pekka: at least you're cool enough to allow us to have a conversation. Honestly I would have lost respect for this forum and you if you started deleting posts that had a negative comment towards the new design. If there was moderators here that also did that; that would be it. I absolutely despise those forums that just squelch/ban people for expressing their opinions. You sir, however are a gentleman, thank you.

I appreciate all your hard-work. I know what it costs to run such a forum, we have several running where I'm from. VBulletin is also not the cheapest to maintain (not to mention how big a target it is from spammers and hackers; there's always an update going on). I really don't mean any disrespect when I said my words.

But I felt like I needed to voice my opinion and it stemmed from this: this is what occurred that evening = when I went to look for a PM to reply to and it was gone, and was looking for a thread I saved and could not find it. Then the website was acting up on my phone in regards to cookies and then running into this thread just made it over the top and I had to say my thoughts.

I've never complained before but I that I've contributed to this community as well, albeit a tiny amount; I usually only reply to threads of people asking for help or advice. But I've been here for a long time and I think I can say what I want to say when I need to say it. Thus, whoever was all butt-hurt, I apologize for making you vmad but my opinions are of my own and if you're offended by the words 'junk style' and 'layout sucks', allow me to re-phrase: "This layout (imo) is unsatisfactory and much less efficient than the one prior to; I have a distaste for its looks and speed especially on my mobile-browser". In short: 'it sucks', looks very 'junky', like Yahoo circa 1990's.  :p :love:

http://www.third3ye.ne​t (external link) :D

mr ­ peas
63 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 04, 2014 04:17 |  #758

dtufino wrote in post #17304325 (external link)
1. i was trolling about hating the new form factor, notice right after i posted that i started posting photos.
2. i said i'll unfollow this "THREAD" not the forum....
3.Now i'm sticking around....

Hi!

Don't let their psychological-jedi mind tricks work on you. That's just some reverse-psych trick!

mr ­ peas
63 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 04, 2014 04:20 |  #759

dtufino wrote in post #17304349 (external link)
lol !thanks!

i'm just having a little fun! In the end we all use this forum to share our photographer, for inspiration form other photographers and to get advice etc. some people take it was too serious... this forum looks great the way it is now... the old school way was cool too.... but change is always a good thing.

Yeah seriously, the DOF and composition are spot on. This is in NY right? Man, you guys got some gorgeous backdrops. I need a break from all the desert sand. And what is that gold lens, and where can I get it haha.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,437 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 04, 2014 07:37 |  #760

mr peas wrote in post #17310632 (external link)
looks very 'junky', like Yahoo circa 1990's.  :p :love:

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate your post, but this? Really? Hmmm, then we must have been on two totally different Yahoo's back in the 90's. ;-)a

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

Shake ­ N ­ Vac
520 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 04, 2014 07:44 |  #761

Have been away for a bit and come back to this new look forum. Is there any way to change the colours? I have had a search but can't find anything on customisation options for the new forum. Other forums I use let you pick from various colour/layout options but I can't find any information on that here??

Canon 6D / Canon 70-200 IS ii / Sigma 100 Macro f2.8 / 50mm f1.8
www.sm-wedding-photography.co.uk (external link)

Mrslinger85
Goldmember
1,028 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 04, 2014 08:02 |  #762

I agree, it does make me dizzy. I think its more that everything is kind of bleached out. I like the way things are organized now into categories though. Its a free website, and I can't complain too much.  :p

Jon E.
My Gear
My Flickrexternal link

FEChariot
Goldmember
4,423 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 04, 2014 08:09 |  #763

OK I'm missing it. How do I enter gear on my home page?

Canon 7D/350D, Σ17-50/2.8 OS, 18-55IS, 24-105/4 L IS, Σ30/1.4 EX, 50/1.8, C50/1.4, 55-250IS, 60/2.8, 70-200/4 L IS, 85/1.8, 100/2.8 IS L, 135/2 L 580EX II, 430EX II * 2, 270EX II.

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 04, 2014 08:11 as a reply to  @ FEChariot's post |  #764

Go to the gear browser at the top of the page. You'll find your way from there.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,437 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 04, 2014 08:17 |  #765

Shake N Vac wrote in post #17310832 (external link)
Have been away for a bit and come back to this new look forum. Is there any way to change the colours? I have had a search but can't find anything on customisation options for the new forum. Other forums I use let you pick from various colour/layout options but I can't find any information on that here??

Optional colour schemes are in the pipeline. Just wait for it a bit. :)

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

140,246 views & 461 likes for this thread
New format.. makes me dizzy
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.