Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New format.. makes me dizzy

this thread is locked
Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,595 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

Dec 09, 2014 14:28 |  #991

I've tried to avoid doing it.

Sevas Tra

sponsored links
joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,365 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 5 years ago by joayne.

Dec 09, 2014 14:28 |  #992

Pekka wrote in post #17323054 (external link)
Metadata can not be added to same URL many times.
I will add on my to do list to have a "pick image from gallery" command. I also may add (uneditable) metadata to image if it already has one in another post. I was not aware that there is so blatant crossposting of photos going on :):twisted:

Not everyone knows that it is in fact, against the rules to do so...:rolleyes:
*Edit* One is asked to link said photos...

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
13,735 posts
Gallery: 635 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 09, 2014 14:30 |  #993

joayne wrote in post #17323105 (external link)

:eek:whoops. That would be me then

α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black

JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
3,374 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 09, 2014 14:31 |  #994

xpfloyd wrote in post #17323070 (external link)
The whole point myself and teamspeed are on about is the ability to add an image to the Potn gallery then have the option to post that gallery image in a second (or third etc) thread so that all the metadata still shows without having to faff about re-entering everything again

Pekkas "pick image from gallery" solution sounds like the ideal answer for this

This seems like a good solution.

OhLook wrote in post #17323079 (external link)
It's extremely common. Very many photos in some game threads are performing an encore. Some frequent posters in Urban & Travel put the same image or the same set in Your B&W Photos, Your Best B&W Photos, B&W Street Photography, Urban Candids, and the thread for the city where they shot. I may be leaving out a thread or two. Then the same photo(s) may turn up also in People.

This! For example, I got a really nice shot of a Bald Eagle and posted it as an independent thread for feedback and C&C. Then I found the "Post Your Bald Eagle Shots Here" thread. Then I saw the "Post Your 'Are You Looking At Me?' " thread where the initial shots would also fit...there are always plenty of places to show the same image...

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000
Own: 24-105mm f/4L | Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 | Rokinon 14mm f/1.8
Want: 24-70mm f/2.8 L II | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II

JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
3,374 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 09, 2014 14:32 |  #995

Seems a bit odd to only allow each photo to be posted ONE time across the entire site...

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,646 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 09, 2014 14:33 |  #996

xpfloyd wrote in post #17323109 (external link)

I know it is against the rules, per se, but I did post in multiple threads for some photos, not all. There are some people who whore their photos in every thread possible.

but this is because, there was no easy way to share a photo, and we know people are too bloody lazy to click on a link to see a photo in another thread - because of the popup window, or your current window goes to that link.

At the same time, someone may not give a crap about the 85II but would want to know what was done in Silver Efex Pro II, or the likes of the camera at a certain ISO....

SmugMug (external link)

patlannon
Goldmember
3,752 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 09, 2014 14:37 |  #997

I'm on the fence about AMASS. the interface is somewhat confusing, I guess I'll just have to get familiar with it. In the mean time I'll just take it a step at a time...

Pat,
West Seneca, NY
Gear, 5D3, 7D, Glass, All Canon, 8-15mm L, EFs 15-85mm, EFs 60mm Macro, EF 100mm L Macro, EF 24-105mm L, EF100-400 L.

Harm
48,646 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 09, 2014 14:39 |  #998

patlannon wrote in post #17323132 (external link)
I'm on the fence about AMASS. the interface is somewhat confusing, I guess I'll just have to get familiar with it. In the mean time I'll just take it a step at a time...

do not forget, if you have any questions people are more than happy to help you

SmugMug (external link)

JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
3,374 posts
Joined Sep 2010
Post edited over 5 years ago by JM Photos.

Dec 09, 2014 14:39 |  #999

patlannon wrote in post #17323132 (external link)

It's not meant to be fully understood right out of the gate...we have told everyone here to take their time and really browse around to find the new things in AMASS. Everything that was in POtN is still here, there are just new ways to do it and new things in general. You should browse this forum to find out what features people are liking the most so far...maybe you'll learn something new!

https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17317047

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
38,555 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Dec 09, 2014 15:04 |  #1000

Harm wrote in post #17323123 (external link)
I know it is against the rules, per se, but I did post in multiple threads for some photos, not all. There are some people who whore their photos in every thread possible.

but this is because, there was no easy way to share a photo, and we know people are too bloody lazy to click on a link to see a photo in another thread - because of the popup window, or your current window goes to that link.

At the same time, someone may not give a crap about the 85II but would want to know what was done in Silver Efex Pro II, or the likes of the camera at a certain ISO....

It was easy. You just right-clicked on your attached image in the old POTN, then did an img tag to that location in the other post. One image file, multiple renderings.

Here you get a .duck file for the image location, and that doesn't work in the IMG tags.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

ian_socool
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 09, 2014 16:10 as a reply to  @ post 17312334 |  #1001

Actually since I got used to it on the PC I am used to it on the phone now. It for some reason (could be just in my mind) seems to have been organized since I last used it. OK, i see, I used the Short View instead of the Full View....that's why

70D, 80D, SL1, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Σ30mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 Pancake Σ70mm 2.8 EX DG Macro, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, Σ85 1.4, Σ50-150mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM APO, Godox AD 200 X's 2, 430EX II X's 2, Yongnuo YN-560II X's 2, Cowboy Studio wireless flash triggers X4.Ian_socool FlickR (external link) Facebook fanpage (external link) http://ianlynphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,283 posts
Gallery: 472 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Dec 09, 2014 22:31 |  #1002

Metadata can not be added to same URL many times.
I will add on my to do list to have a "pick image from gallery" command. I also may add (uneditable) metadata to image if it already has one in another post. I was not aware that there is so blatant crossposting of photos going on :):twisted:

-? :oops:

xpfloyd wrote in post #17323089 (external link)
I'm pretty guilty of it. If I take a photo with say my 5d3 and my 85 1.8 I would normally post that image in both threads. If it happens to be a photo of my son I have been known to also post it in the kids thread.

I thought everyone done that? (Or have I got a bad habit I need to shake?)

You are not alone :oops:

Traci_Ann wrote in post #17323104 (external link)
I've tried to avoid doing it.

:-P (sorry, but the "tried" made me laugh :oops: )

xpfloyd wrote in post #17323109 (external link)

Me too :oops:

JM Photos wrote in post #17323120 (external link)
Seems a bit odd to only allow each photo to be posted ONE time across the entire site...

Yes, exactly, i don't care about lenses i'm not happy or do not have any interest, so i don't go there, but some pictures might have been worth to be seen in "Photos sharing ..." and if people don't put it there i'll not see it.

May be "All of Gallery" Should be the start of the Forum ? like that ALL the pictures will got a huge visibility and cross-posting pictures will drop (it's just a thought)

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
18,985 posts
Gallery: 334 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 10, 2014 04:44 as a reply to  @ Reservoir Dog's post |  #1003

I was not aware that there is so blatant crossposting of photos going on :):twisted:

*Edit* One is asked to link said photos...

There are some people who whore their photos in every thread possible.

Yep. And it gets really irritating if you happen to be subscribed follow the same threads as the cross poster. It's really no fun to see the same shot pop up 3 or 4 times in different photo sharing threads and some people have a habit of doing so. Frequently if not always...

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

Harm
48,646 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 10, 2014 09:11 |  #1004

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17324191 (external link)
Yep. And it gets really irritating if you happen to be subscribed follow the same threads as the cross poster. It's really no fun to see the same shot pop up 3 or 4 times in different photo sharing threads and some people have a habit of doing so. Frequently if not always...

well, you'll see the same people doing the same photo whoring consistently across the threads...

SmugMug (external link)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
Cream of the Crop
18,985 posts
Gallery: 334 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Dec 10, 2014 09:18 |  #1005

Harm wrote in post #17324423 (external link)
well, you'll see the same people doing the same photo whoring consistently across the threads...

Yes. I know if I see person X, Y or Z posting in Thread A, I know that thread B, C and D will have the same image added. However, in AMASS, on the New&Followed when I see person X, Y or Z posting in the 4 threads we both frequent, I can just click "all seen" there and just visit one of the threads to see the image once, so that helps.

I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

149,379 views & 461 likes for this thread
New format.. makes me dizzy
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.