Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 19:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS

this thread is locked
Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,475 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 12:09 |  #406

rpolitsr wrote in post #17368940 (external link)
Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17368797 (external link)
Thanks very much, Rafael! How on earth did you find that? Or did you use your mod superpowers?!! ;-)a

Mod powers? No! You can do that even not logged in to POTN:
Use your photo's ipernity link and 'advanced search' in google constraining the search to photography-on-the.net :)

LOL. I would have never thought of that! Very nifty. :-)

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 06, 2015 12:29 |  #407

Thanks very much, Rafael! How on earth did you find that? Or did you use your mod superpowers?!! ;-)a

And by the way, another one that says "remove from your gallery" when it's not in my gallery any more. I've reported it to Pekka, but not heard back after his last response. That is of course totally all right, but I need to get my images sorted out and so I'm moving ahead, clicking "remove from your gallery" all photos that aren't in fact in my gallery and then add them again for real.

When you see an image that is not in your gallery and still has that "remove from your gallery", do not remove it but let me know where it is. I would need just one such image to check it out.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

rpolitsr
5,978 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 06, 2015 12:35 |  #408

Inspeqtor wrote in post #17369039 (external link)
I guess I do not fully understand "ipernity link" as i thought that would show the link within AMASS?

ipernity is the external site where Levina has some of her pictures. They are embedded images.
Attached images are hosted in POTN server and they have a link to photograpy-on-the.net

Also I was not aware google had an advanced search? How do you search within a website?

Thank you :-)

In an empty google text box write 'advanced search' and you will get a link to the 'advanced' form. One of the options is labeled 'site or domain' there you can specify photography-on-the.net

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

WaltA
Goldmember
3,864 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Jan 06, 2015 13:26 |  #409

Inspeqtor wrote in post #17369039 (external link)
I guess I do not fully understand "ipernity link" as i thought that would show the link within AMASS?

Also I was not aware google had an advanced search? How do you search within a website?

Thank you :-)

Here you can specify all kinds of things like a specific web site

http://www.google.ca/a​dvanced_search (external link)

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,475 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 15:15 |  #410

Pekka wrote in post #17369068 (external link)

And by the way, another one that says "remove from your gallery" when it's not in my gallery any more. I've reported it to Pekka, but not heard back after his last response. That is of course totally all right, but I need to get my images sorted out and so I'm moving ahead, clicking "remove from your gallery" all photos that aren't in fact in my gallery and then add them again for real.

When you see an image that is not in your gallery and still has that "remove from your gallery", do not remove it but let me know where it is. I would need just one such image to check it out.

From what I can tell all images that I had added and then removed are doing this. My old threads in the bird forum were easy to locate and I have corrected those. But many more to do. Here are two random links:
https://photography-on-the.net …read.php?t=1391​121&page=1
https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=17053344&i​=i34816698

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 06, 2015 16:58 |  #411

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17369308 (external link)
From what I can tell all images that I had added and then removed are doing this. My old threads in the bird forum were easy to locate and I have corrected those. But many more to do. Here are two random links:

I know now what is going on there - you can do what you have done (do the remove from gallery command), as it is not a serious bug so even if I can write a script to fix those it would take time from 1.1, the issue is mainly cosmetic :) I'll try to do some code to avoid such situations for 1.1.

Thanks.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,475 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 17:37 |  #412

Pekka wrote in post #17369447 (external link)
Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17369308 (external link)

I know now what is going on there - you can do what you have done (do the remove from gallery command), as it is not a serious bug so even if I can write a script to fix those it would take time from 1.1, the issue is mainly cosmetic :) I'll try to do some code to avoid such situations for 1.1.

Thanks.

Right. Understood.

Pekka, I'm also having problems with image searches. Search says there are no images in a thread when there are. Or it lists only one when there are more.
Here's an example when there are two images in a thread but Search finds none.
Permalink to the images: https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=17141708&i=​i215471905
Screen shot of search results:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 5 years ago by Pekka. (2 edits in all)

Jan 06, 2015 17:44 as a reply to  @ Levina de Ruijter's post |  #413

Those search issues are surely remnants of that iPernity server change mess that was going on when images were crawled by AMASS during the first week. I'll do additional crawls later for images that are broken or not found, so in time those will be there, too.

I added that post manually, so it is found now. We mods have a button to redo the crawl per post. ;-)a

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,475 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 18:23 |  #414

Pekka wrote in post #17369500 (external link)
Those search issues are surely remnants of that iPernity server change mess that was going on when images were crawled by AMASS during the first week. I'll do additional crawls later for images that are broken or not found, so in time those will be there, too.

I added that post manually, so it is found now. We mods have a button to redo the crawl per post. ;-)a

I thought it might be something like that but thought it best to report it in case it wasn't. :-) Thanks!

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,475 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 18:52 |  #415

Here's something odd. One of the threads in the World Wide Photo Week project isn't listed in my Followed Threads. So in the thread itself I stopped following it and then clicked on "follow thread" again and still in Followed Threads it's not listed. It's this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1392635

rpolitsr
5,978 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 06, 2015 19:08 as a reply to  @ Levina de Ruijter's post |  #416

mmm ... I followed it to test and it appears in my list now, deep in page 6 because the last post is four months old.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
8,410 posts
Gallery: 87 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 06, 2015 23:08 |  #417

rpolitsr wrote in post #17369074 (external link)
ipernity is the external site where Levina has some of her pictures. They are embedded images.
Attached images are hosted in POTN server and they have a link to photograpy-on-the.net

In an empty google text box write 'advanced search' and you will get a link to the 'advanced' form. One of the options is labeled 'site or domain' there you can specify photography-on-the.net

WaltA wrote in post #17369130 (external link)
Here you can specify all kinds of things like a specific web site

http://www.google.ca/a​dvanced_search (external link)

I thank you both for this wonderful help!! :-)

Charles
Canon EOS 90D * Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,897 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited over 5 years ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Jan 07, 2015 09:45 |  #418

Scrolled through the last couple of pages looking to see if this issue was discussed, apologies if it has been, i didn't see it.

In Safari 6.2, Mac OS 10.8.5 there are now scroll bars on the forum galleries at the left hand side of the page. The scroll bar covers up the first letter and a half of the thread title. I think this just started yesterday, but i was busy working over the weekend so it might have happened a few days ago.

EDIT: I just restarted the safari app and the scroll bar is no longer there. Strange bug, assuming it was something with Safari, not the forum.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,475 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 07, 2015 12:09 |  #419

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17369639 (external link)
Here's something odd. One of the threads in the World Wide Photo Week project isn't listed in my Followed Threads. So in the thread itself I stopped following it and then clicked on "follow thread" again and still in Followed Threads it's not listed. It's this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1392635

rpolitsr wrote in post #17369664 (external link)
mmm ... I followed it to test and it appears in my list now, deep in page 6 because the last post is four months old.

I found out why it isn't listed. The thread has been moved from Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff → Member Activities (where the World Wide Photo Week threads reside) to Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment → Food Photography & Visual Recipes. No doubt the result of the moving of threads and forums after POTN went AMASS.

So when I looked at it in the drop down menu "Member Activities" in New & Followed, it obviously wasn't there. Mystery solved. Maybe a mod could move the thread back to where it belongs in Member Activities? Rafael? ;-)a

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 08, 2015 06:34 |  #420

I have now fixed that elusive bug which prevented members who have 500 posts and 90 days of membership posting to G&N forum. The reason was about the simplest one there is: the rule checker was set to: "500 days of membership and 90 posts" :) :oops::oops::oops:

sponsored links

50,539 views & 16 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.