Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 19:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS

this thread is locked
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,404 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jan 08, 2015 06:52 |  #421

Pekka wrote in post #17372069 (external link)
I have now fixed that elusive bug which prevented members who have 500 posts and 90 days of membership posting to G&N forum. The reason was about the simplest one there is: the rule checker was set to: "500 days of membership and 90 posts" :) :oops::oops::oops:

Classic! and those things are why developers so often need that 2nd set of eyes, I have countless stories of developers that have worked in my department that spun their wheels for hours trying to find an issue, only to have me look over their shoulder and point out something missing in a string declaration, variable usage, etc. :D

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

sponsored links
Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,372 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 08, 2015 09:24 |  #422

I have now fixed that elusive bug which prevented members who have 500 posts and 90 days of membership posting to G&N forum. The reason was about the simplest one there is: the rule checker was set to: "500 days of membership and 90 posts" :) :oops::oops::oops:

Don't ya just love computer software? It always seem to do what you wrote, instead of what you meant.

No need for these :oops: Keep up the great work Pekka!

Tim

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
42,094 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 08, 2015 09:46 |  #423

Timphoto wrote in post #17372254 (external link)
Don't ya just love computer software? It always seem to do what you wrote, instead of what you meant.

I am not an expert in computer programming languages, but I do not believe that anyone has been succeessful in putting the DWIM command into any language known to man or computer.

DWIM (Argument1, notArgument2)

Do What I Mean (WhatIintend, notWhatIwrote)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

AlFooteIII
444 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Jan 08, 2015 10:08 |  #424

Hey Pekka! Don't know if this is reported: I was on this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?t=1412601&go​to=newpost
It loaded regularly, but the spinner on my tab (FF 34.0.5) kept spinning for about 20 seconds. When it stopped, all content disappeared, except the thread header at the top of the screen. It happens consistently in FF, it did not happen in Chrome before I logged in, but once I did log in, it failed in the same manner.

I do notice that the images that were initially loaded into the post are not loading anymore.

Specializing in Theatrical Photography. See my work at:
www.alfoote3photograph​y.com/ (external link)
www.facebook.com/alfoo​te3photography (external link)

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 08, 2015 11:45 |  #425

AlFooteIII wrote in post #17372316 (external link)
Hey Pekka! Don't know if this is reported: I was on this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?t=1412601&go​to=newpost
It loaded regularly, but the spinner on my tab (FF 34.0.5) kept spinning for about 20 seconds. When it stopped, all content disappeared, except the thread header at the top of the screen. It happens consistently in FF, it did not happen in Chrome before I logged in, but once I did log in, it failed in the same manner.

I do notice that the images that were initially loaded into the post are not loading anymore.

That sounds like a slow connection to your ISP. Sometimes rebooting your modem will help. In our area, our Time-Warner cable internet service is slower than dial up. Sometimes complaining to customer support helps -- sometimes not.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

AlFooteIII
444 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Jan 08, 2015 16:13 as a reply to  @ Bill Boehme's post |  #426

Nope -- this is (don't tell) corporate high speed. 38 Mbps up 41 down.

Specializing in Theatrical Photography. See my work at:
www.alfoote3photograph​y.com/ (external link)
www.facebook.com/alfoo​te3photography (external link)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 08, 2015 17:08 |  #427

AlFooteIII wrote in post #17372316 (external link)

I have no idea what that is, I can not reproduced that with FF. Those images on page 1 load relatively slowly, though, they seem to be served by a WordPress installation. Do you have some plugins installed? Maybe there is something in the URL of the images (not hosted here) that your setup does not like? Sometimes a bad proxy can do the "keeps spinning", too. Also, wordpress has got bad hacks lately, so maybe your security suite tries to reject the page for wp content. Just guessing here.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

tb801
223 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 08, 2015 19:53 |  #428

Before you figured out the issue, I was still able to post in G and N without issue (early membership), now I can't post in there. Like others, it's telling me I don't have 500 posts and 90 days.

Canon 5dc, Tamron 28-75mm

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 09, 2015 07:43 as a reply to  @ tb801's post |  #429

Should be fixed now . . . .

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

tb801
223 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 09, 2015 17:00 |  #430

Jon wrote in post #17373631 (external link)
Should be fixed now . . . .

It works now. Thank you very much.

Canon 5dc, Tamron 28-75mm

x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,147 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 09, 2015 17:26 |  #431

The forums now will not accept very long redirect web link; using 3rd party website to shorten the link, will end up useless link such as ..,.,.,./

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 5 years ago by Pekka.

Jan 09, 2015 18:02 |  #432

x_tan wrote in post #17374480 (external link)
The forums now will not accept very long redirect web link; using 3rd party website to shorten the link, will end up useless link such as ..,.,.,./

If automatic link fails, use the URL tags, they might be more tolerant.

Can you PM me the link? Even if the output fails, I can see the full URL in edit mode.

ericski
166 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 10, 2015 00:20 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #433

Do we need to log out & log back in? My early access doesn't work anymore.

Site (external link) | 500px (external link) | Flickr (external link)

x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,147 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 10, 2015 00:23 |  #434

Pekka wrote in post #17374523 (external link)
If automatic link fails, use the URL tags, they might be more tolerant.

Can you PM me the link? Even if the output fails, I can see the full URL in edit mode.

The original is from another thread:

hudge wrote in post #17370589 (external link)
Turns out that the "flare" issue is not a design problem but a manufacturing tolerance issue. Check out this article for a good investigation which includes looking at other brands/models:

http://www.imaging-resource.com …eres-why-and-what-to-do-a (external link)

IMO, there is no need for a D760 any time soon. My D750 does not have the problem and I have tried several times to reproduce it.

The article is "Nikon D750 flare problems? Here’s why and what to do about them. (It’s not your lens.)" from http://www.imaging-resource.com/ (external link)

Trial google and:

http://g+o+o.g+l/ become **** as here: http://****/86dI16 (external link) ->

PREVIEW NOTICE: ****: URL shorteners are not allowed. Please use the direct URL, shortened URLs are not allowed here as people can not see where they lead to.

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,820 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 10, 2015 07:06 |  #435

x_tan wrote in post #17374992 (external link)
The original is from another thread:

The article is "Nikon D750 flare problems? Here’s why and what to do about them. (It’s not your lens.)" from http://www.imaging-resource.com/ (external link)

That url was posted there as incomplete, I edited the post with the complete url.

Trial google and:

http://g+o+o.g+l/ become **** as here: http://****/86dI16 (external link) ->

As you can see in editor's preview notice: "URL shorteners are not allowed. Please use the direct URL, shortened URLs are not allowed here as people can not see where they lead to."

In other words: URL shorteners are not safe for our members, the link can lead to anything, and you do not know where unless you click them.

sponsored links

50,557 views & 16 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.