Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 03 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 05:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hate the new look...

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by GadgetRick.

Dec 03, 2014 05:37 |  #1

Yeah, I said it, hate the way it looks. Much harder to find various links (took me a while to find the Search function as it blends in with everything else). Everything looks the same and it makes it difficult to distinguish things.

Just posting is confusing to figure out what to click to post. This new interface is just plain bad.

I like that they're trying but really not liking it.

Also, tried to go into a thread I posted selling some items to mention the items are sold. Can't find the thread now.

How do you create a thread and set up email notification of replies now?

sponsored links
jptsr1
Goldmember
1,812 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 03, 2014 08:25 |  #2

Not a big fan either but its mostly just the script that bothers me. I'm sure they will get the other kinks worked out. As with almost all change you aren't going to please everyone. At least its not as complicated to navigate as my other favorites like FM and DPR. I love dome of the new features. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Et Facta Est Lux
My Gear
Flickrexternal link

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 03, 2014 08:34 as a reply to  @ jptsr1's post |  #3

Maybe it'll help to try the change body text option at the bottom of the page if you haven't already.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,526 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2005

Dec 03, 2014 08:40 |  #4

You can't expect to immediately know how new software works right out of the box, you are expected to give it time and learn it. How about doing the same here, spend some time looking around, checking out the settings, and asking questions. Offer up specifics on what you dislike, another member may have a solution, or Pekka may take your opinion and make the changes.

Sevas Tra...

jptsr1
Goldmember
1,812 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 03, 2014 08:49 |  #5

PineBomb wrote in post #17307950 (external link)
Maybe it'll help to try the change body text option at the bottom of the page if you haven't already.

Nope, but add that to the list of cool new features.

Et Facta Est Lux
My Gear
Flickrexternal link

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Dec 03, 2014 08:49 |  #6

GadgetRick wrote in post #17307624 (external link)
Yeah, I said it, hate the way it looks. Much harder to find various links (took me a while to find the Search function as it blends in with everything else). Everything looks the same and it makes it difficult to distinguish things.

Just posting is confusing to figure out what to click to post. This new interface is just plain bad.

I like that they're trying but really not liking it.

Also, tried to go into a thread I posted selling some items to mention the items are sold. Can't find the thread now.

How do you create a thread and set up email notification of replies now?

You can create threads as before when you are in the forum. However, email notification is not yet up and running. Make the suggestions. There have been many changes since this launched on Monday. Pekka is a work horse and instead of taking some time off he is really listening and trying to make changes as possible.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

Radders
Cream of the Crop
5,017 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 03, 2014 09:08 |  #7

I can't stand it....

| 1DII | 7D | 60D | 6D | 100 2.8 | 50mm 1.4 | 11-16 2.8 | 24-105 4 | 70-300 IS USM |
Totallyrad.co.uk (external link) | Airplane-Pictures.net (external link) |Facebook Page (external link) | Russianplanes.net (external link)Gear list

Samgoit
826 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 03, 2014 09:32 |  #8

PineBomb wrote in post #17307950 (external link)

That and get rid of the margins in the For You Eyes Only page.

Site looks and functions GREAT!

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 03, 2014 09:34 |  #9

Radders wrote in post #17308040 (external link)
I can't stand it....

Try sitting.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Fast ­ Guy
145 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Dec 03, 2014 09:53 |  #10

It looks a lot better with the smallest margins to me. There was far too much white on view with the wide margins.

Is there any other skins like other forums have? I couldn't find an option anywhere.

mannetti21
Goldmember
3,108 posts
Gallery: 113 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 03, 2014 10:49 |  #11

I don't "hate" it, but the overall balance between brightness and contrast is way out of whack. And FWIW, it lacks character in a sense that it feels like I'm staring at a piece of blank notebook paper.

My Buyer/Seller Feedback

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 03, 2014 10:52 |  #12

Does it vary that much from vBulletin POTN? I just don't see that it's ventured that far off.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
36,141 posts
Gallery: 105 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Dec 03, 2014 11:03 |  #13

Fast Guy wrote in post #17308154 (external link)
It looks a lot better with the smallest margins to me. There was far too much white on view with the wide margins.

Is there any other skins like other forums have? I couldn't find an option anywhere.

Pekka has it on his list to develop a few other color alternatives, as was stated elsewhere.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock
For Sale: Ladies Thirty-One Camera Sling

Double ­ Negative
*sniffles*
10,523 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Dec 03, 2014 11:28 |  #14

It's definitely... Different. O.o

La Vida Leica! (external link)LitPixel Galleries (external link) -- 1v-HS/1d Mk IIn w/E-1 & Op/Tech straps
15mm f/2.8, 14mm f/2.8L, 24mm f/1.4L II, 35mm f/1.4L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L II, 135mm f/2.0L
16-35mm f/2.8L, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, Extender EF 1.4x II & 2x II

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Dec 03, 2014 11:41 |  #15

Samgoit wrote in post #17308107 (external link)
That and get rid of the margins in the For You Eyes Only page.

True. "Narrower 1" is a definite improvement for me.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

sponsored links

13,961 views & 32 likes for this thread
Hate the new look...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.