I know this get's asked a lot, and I've not been on here much in the last few years.
Just so you know a little about me...
I'm a full-time pro with a brick and mortar studio. I've shot editorial, portrait and commercial photography for 10+ years with over 90 covers and thousands of published images. My challenge is my website has always been geared more towards my portrait work and less towards editorial and commercial. I've used Photobiz for 6 or 7 years and I like that it is easy to use. I'm at a cross-roads where I need to add a splash page and have separate entry points for portrait and commercial as well as a workshop section with Photobiz or start over. The #1 reason I don't like Photobiz is they still use flash for the "client viewing" section of their offering...this sucks for clients.
Here are some key things that I need, first being I am not going to build my own or pay for a custom site. I'll fight through Photobiz. I'm paying $30 per month and it will go to $50 when I add my commercial site with them.
1. Ease of use - I must be able to make changes quickly and on my own. Add galleries, edit pages, add images to portfolio pages in order to give a fresh look.
2. Must be compatible with smartphones and tablets
3. Cost - I'm fine with $30-$50 per month. I'm not interested in a large start up fee
4. I like full screen or large images
5. Would like to have my blog have a presence, it sucks now and I need to be updating it.
6. I don't need to sell anything online now...maybe in the future.
7. It would be nice if people could register for workshops and pay
8. Most important I'll need a splash page with separate direct links when doing my newsletter to direct people to either my portrait site or commercial site.
That's about it. I'd be curious of thoughts from others.
Here is my current site.