Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 31 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 22:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is a Canon EOS Rebel T5 a good camera to begin with to use for professional photography?

itsray
263 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Jun 28, 2015 12:57 |  #181

did anyone here realize she said t5 (1200d) and not t5i (700d), I didn't read all 12 pages.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jun 28, 2015 13:23 |  #182

itsray wrote in post #17613423 (external link)
did anyone here realize she said t5 (1200d) and not t5i (700d), I didn't read all 12 pages.

Yep, we did.;-)a

Mark

10megapixel
"I'm a little slow"
3,872 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 20, 2015 16:54 |  #183

Just picked one up, didn't really need another cam (As my wife reminded me repeatedly during checkout) but I just couldn't pass up a deal I came across. I'm Impressed with how well this camera performs and although I originally was going to sell the STM kit lenses (Assumed they would stink) I am VERY pleased with the improvements Canon has introduced the 18-55.

Gear List & Feedback

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by yogestee. (2 edits in all)

Jul 23, 2015 00:21 |  #184

SkipD wrote in post #17491748 (external link)
Back when I started getting serious about photography (mid 1960s), there was no such thing as exposure automation in any affordable cameras (and I doubt if ANY cameras had automation then). To get exposures correct, one either used the suggestions printed on a film box (or on a sheet of paper that came with the film) or bought and used a handheld light meter.

Just about everyone that I knew back in the 1960s who was either already serious about photography or wanting to become serious and good at photography bought and used a handheld light meter. I cannot recall any of these folks who ever had a problem with learning and understanding how shutter speed settings, aperture (f-stop) settings, and ASA (film speed - akin to today's ISO settings) interacted. From what I've read in this and other photography forums, it appears that far more new photographers (who are starting with today's automated cameras and using their automation) are confused about exposure control than back when there was no exposure automation in folks' cameras. This is why I recommend that a beginning photographer start with his/her camera set for full manual exposure control until there is a good understanding of the basics.

In 1978 I handed a job with the photography department of a large heavy industry company. I spent the first six to eight months learning darkroom practices before I was let loose with a camera on the plant alone. I quickly learnt what an under and over exposed negative looked like.

My boss who became my mentor, there wasn't much he didn't know about photography, cameras and the darkroom. He used to test me frequently in the beginning. He'd send me out with a non metering Nikon F loaded with a roll of Tri-X. I had to shoot the roll without actually doing any metering, just using the experience I' had already gained and a bit of guessitmation. Any less then 75% well exposed negs I had to make the coffee for a week and buy the departmental lottery ticket.

I learnt real quick.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

jessiekins
THREAD ­ STARTER
68 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Jul 25, 2015 01:41 |  #185

Hi everyone :)

OP here. Thank you for the comments. I am more comfortable shooting now. Recently had a new shoot I can post a couple... maybe. I feel like photography is so subjective I've lost quite a bit of interest in studying a forum. I am definitely developing my own style. I find my inspiration from movies like Atonement, The Great Gatsby, etc. movies! Haha. I love to keep an open mind. I will definitely keep this thread for reference and onward. If anyone is interested in seeing my work you can always drop a private message.

Thank you :)

Jessica Rose

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

51,074 views & 76 likes for this thread
Is a Canon EOS Rebel T5 a good camera to begin with to use for professional photography?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.