Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
Thread started 01 Jan 2015 (Thursday) 12:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND CanonCameraFan (showing now: CanonCameraFan)
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Overall Image Qualityn/a
not rated
Value for Moneyn/a
not rated
Bokehn/a
not rated
Sharpnessn/a
not rated
Contrastn/a
not rated
Focusingn/a
not rated
Must Haven/a
not rated
Suitability to Intended Usen/a
not rated
Got What I Expectedn/a
not rated
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for sample photos and more info.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM

Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, reviewed by CanonCameraFan

CanonCameraFan
Goldmember
1,648 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 01, 2015 12:25 |  #1

Bought New back around 1993 or so, shortly after it was introduced. Although after 20+ years, its Zoom mechanism will get stuck when it has set around, it still functions fine a moment later and fulfills a need in my arsenal. USM is flawless. It was an exciting range back then, but modern optics far surpass it in that respect. I first saw this at a major trade show in Wash DC and was drawn by the 20mm WA, USM and somewhat by the 77 mm Filter size, which has been a plus for me. Sharpness rated higher than the Pro 2.8 version of that time period. Vignetting can be slightly noticed, but has never distracted form my images. In the digital world of Lightroom, it is negligible. It was around $500 New and has proven a great investment. I love using this lens!

EOS 7D w/BG-E7 (3), 550EX (3), 430EX II, Vivitar 285HV, Opteka 6.5mm/3.5, Canon EF-S 10-18/4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 24/2.8 STM, Canon EF 40/2.8 STM, Canon EF 100mm/2.0 USM, Canon EF 70-300mm/4-5.6 L IS USM, Canon 77mm 500D Macro, Tamrac 614 Bag & 787 Backpack, Crumpler 8 MDH, 7 MDH, 6 MDH
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/johnebersole/se​ts/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

783 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, reviewed by CanonCameraFan
FORUMS Gear Reviews Lens Reviews 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.