Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 15 Jan 2015 (Thursday) 12:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Does anyone shoot with both crop and FF?

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,294 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Oct 2007

May 12, 2015 08:14 |  #31

My 70-200 got new life with the 7D2. I was thinking about selling it but would up selling the 120-300

The big surprise is the 100-400. Im going to get the new version and sell off my version 1. Im seeing guys getting awesome stuff at 1/20-1/50 at 400MM. F/5.6 gets new life at 6400 ISO with this thing. Must say im extremely pleased with the camera.

AWB is great on the body and all the auto functions are killer. You can basically put this thing in a point and shoot mode and hand it to an assistant and tell her to fire away

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
50,935 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2015 15:43 as a reply to  @ post 17552744 |  #32

Nice. The ND and CP probably helped a lot.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

tim
Light Bringer
50,935 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2015 15:44 |  #33

benji25 wrote in post #17552827 (external link)
Here are a few from the first batch of edits:

They're all overexposed (especially #1 and #2) and most are too cool. Black suits should look black not grey, and the faces of the girls are no doubt totally blown in the red channel - some clipping is ok. Nice photos though :)

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.

benji25
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,007 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by benji25.

May 12, 2015 16:33 |  #34

tim wrote in post #17553838 (external link)
They're all overexposed (especially #1 and #2) and most are too cool. Black suits should look black not grey, and the faces of the girls are no doubt totally blown in the red channel - some clipping is ok. Nice photos though :)

The suits were grey....

Website (external link)
flickr (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,935 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2015 17:27 |  #35

benji25 wrote in post #17553885 (external link)
The suits were grey....

Ok... faces and background still seem overexposed, according to my eye and a quick histogram check. Have you checked the histogram? Do you have a calibrated monitor? I don't have Photoshop on the laptop I'm on right now.

Amadauss
657 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2010

May 21, 2015 10:54 |  #36

Have to agree with Tim and my opinion would be clean up the minor blemishes on the faces in number 1. I would normally remove or soften them up a bit. Birthmarks no, pimples yes. Only my opinion but women or girls do not want to see blemishes on their faces.

1-1Dx II 1-5D Mark 4, 3-5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 2-7D's, 70D, canon 70-200 2.8 L IS II, 24-70L II, 85 1.8, 85 1.2, 50mm, 135 mm F2 L, 17-40 , 24-105, Sigma 35 Art and 18-35 1.8, 600 EX's, Elinchrom RX and Phottix 500 strobes

sponsored links

7,625 views & 3 likes for this thread
Does anyone shoot with both crop and FF?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.