Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 18 Jan 2015 (Sunday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What kind of Wildlife Photographer Are "YOU"

KT29
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Gallery: 153 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 09, 2019 14:41 |  #991

Sounds wrote in post #18907156 (external link)
Terry that above is fabulous I've got him or her sharp as a pin and their whole world OOF with your hard working friend surveying. that's a lovely bit of work you should be well (here ya go english slang)...... chuffed ( stoked, made up , proud even ,thrilled ).
great work kiddo so cool

stu

Thanks for your very nice comment Stu. I am hoping to get back this fall and photograph her/him again.ߙ

Terry

sponsored links
KT29
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 09, 2019 14:44 |  #992

Sounds wrote in post #18907165 (external link)
No bacon suit but i'll openly declare two pocketfuls of home grown grated organic carrots. :lol:

Folks don't do this..... baby hares go into attack mode when the smell carrots . it's extremely dangerous.............​.. shutter noise and curiosity are more than enough:oops:

Ok you might not have got that but those ears made ya smile right??;-)a

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/2gSQ​J2H  (external link) _S2I7515 lev smj (external link) by Stuart Philpott (external link), on Flickr

Seriously no bait used just a certain irony in trying to have our dinner at the back of a van and making hare images,sure I put the gear on to get to this one but big fella just before was so curious I had to put dinner down to make pics. . Animals can be so unpredictable.

cheers for looking hope you are smiling

they are the best ears 8-)

stu

Yes, the ears did make me smile.ߙ Very nice photo.°ߙ

Terry

Sounds
133 posts
Joined Jun 2015

Aug 10, 2019 05:26 as a reply to  @ KT29's post |  #993

And thank you kind Sir. really loved the Pika Terry sometimes an image just jumps off the page :-)

KT29
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 10, 2019 13:17 |  #994

An early morning moment.:-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Terry

Teton
21 posts
Joined Jul 2019

Aug 11, 2019 21:21 |  #995

KT29 wrote in post #18908105 (external link)
An early morning moment.:-)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by KT29 in
./showthread.php?p=189​08105&i=i162349093
forum: Wildlife

You took a good pose of the animals and made a great photo out of it. Nice work.

aladyforty
Goldmember
4,134 posts
Gallery: 257 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 12, 2019 07:31 |  #996

winter day in my town

HOSTED PHOTO

5D3 7D2 Canon G1X Fuji X100 Fuji X10 canon glass & the odd other brands https://500px.com/alad​yforty (external link)
My youtube channel https://www.youtube.co​m …wlc4zg?view_as=​subscriber (external link)

skagitrat
281 posts
Gallery: 101 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Aug 13, 2019 20:06 |  #997

Does anyone know where Jeff aka pondrader is up to I haven’t seen anything posted by him for awhile

Joe
flickr (external link)

Pippan
Goldmember
1,704 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Aug 13, 2019 20:19 |  #998

skagitrat wrote in post #18909817 (external link)
Does anyone know where Jeff aka pondrader is up to I haven’t seen anything posted by him for awhile

His absence has been disappointingly noted.

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

Grizz1
Goldmember
1,715 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 13, 2019 22:21 |  #999

I think Jeff is doing fine, shooting the eos R, probably several shots are being taken of a new Granddaughter but I know he is still after the critters as well. For whatever reason, it seems he is taking a vacation from posting here on the forum and yes his photo sharing is missed by many of us.
I sure enjoyed viewing his photos and admire his ability to obtain a quality photo no matter the conditions or gear he is using at the time. He sets a high bar , one I seldom reach but at least can see what is possible.

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

djr81
105 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Nov 2013

Aug 14, 2019 00:55 |  #1000

Patagonian penguins and the skua's that eat their young...

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Sounds
133 posts
Joined Jun 2015

Aug 15, 2019 11:41 |  #1001

Grizz1 wrote in post #18909861 (external link)
I think Jeff is doing fine, shooting the eos R, probably several shots are being taken of a new Granddaughter but I know he is still after the critters as well. For whatever reason, it seems he is taking a vacation from posting here on the forum and yes his photo sharing is missed by many of us.
I sure enjoyed viewing his photos and admire his ability to obtain a quality photo no matter the conditions or gear he is using at the time. He sets a high bar , one I seldom reach but at least can see what is possible.

Thanks for this Steve I don't get to any of the forums as much as I'd like ,so it's tricky to keep up. Jeff's images have always been hugely inspiring to me. I'd also noted him not being about ,it's just cool to know the guy is ok tis all

thanks for taking the time Steve

stu

sponsored links

222,549 views & 2,022 likes for this thread
What kind of Wildlife Photographer Are "YOU"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.