Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 21 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 06:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS 1.1

this thread is locked
OhLook
you get what you get
19,256 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 03, 2015 13:29 |  #91

OhLook wrote in post #17450942 (external link)
My hidden stickies become visible every few days. Pushing the button again to hide them is no big deal, but something must be wrong in the mysterious interior.

The stickies stuck their noses in again when I began this session. I hadn't done anything special.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

sponsored links
the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 03, 2015 14:37 |  #92

When clicking on a thread, reading it and going back into the sub forum, the thread does not show that its "read" until I refresh the page. It doesn't automatically get changed from blue to grey until I manually refresh the page.

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 03, 2015 23:45 |  #93

the flying moose wrote in post #17458889 (external link)
When clicking on a thread, reading it and going back into the sub forum, the thread does not show that its "read" until I refresh the page. It doesn't automatically get changed from blue to grey until I manually refresh the page.

If you're using the back arrow or right clicking "back", then the problem may be that you are just looking at a stale page that is strictly in cache on your computer rather than data from the POTN server.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,640 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 04, 2015 01:28 as a reply to  @ Bill Boehme's post |  #94

Maybe. I am not sure how long it takes for a page to become "stale" but clicking on a thread and quickly hitting the back button in the web browser, isn't more than a couple of seconds and one would think that it would take longer than that to become "stale". I had no issues before when it was dark blue/light blue for unread/read. I have severely cut my usage here so I am sure there are many new features/things I am unaware of but coming back today, I read 4 different threads in a row and each time I backed out using the back arrow in the browser. I had to click refresh manually before it would indicate which threads were read or not. Until today, thats never been an issue for me.

JWdlft
317 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 04, 2015 01:42 as a reply to  @ the flying moose's post |  #95

It could be a setting in your browser: when/how often to re-download a page. If it's not done every time you open a certain page, the second load might come from your local cache, for example "temporary internet files" in Windows and Internet Explorer.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,819 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Mar 04, 2015 05:58 |  #96

the flying moose wrote in post #17459747 (external link)
Maybe. I am not sure how long it takes for a page to become "stale" but clicking on a thread and quickly hitting the back button in the web browser, isn't more than a couple of seconds and one would think that it would take longer than that to become "stale". I had no issues before when it was dark blue/light blue for unread/read. I have severely cut my usage here so I am sure there are many new features/things I am unaware of but coming back today, I read 4 different threads in a row and each time I backed out using the back arrow in the browser. I had to click refresh manually before it would indicate which threads were read or not. Until today, thats never been an issue for me.

There has been absolutely zero changes done to cache settings in AMASS in last two months. On most desktop browsers the pages get updated on back button, on iPad it depends on what iPad decides. What you are experiencing is your browser handling cache instructions in the way the browser likes, and not how AMASS instructs it to do.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Sleemans
58 posts
Joined May 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Sleemans.

Mar 04, 2015 16:48 |  #97

OK, this has been bugging me for a while, I cannot see any images 'hosted by forum server'.
Instead I see 'Hotlink prevention', 'Attachments are only for logged members and viewable on site'
Flick, etc. hosted images are fine.

I'm using Firefox and started in a mode with no add-ons, same result.
Is it a setting on my account?
Thanks

The attachment is a screenshot of what I see, don't know how it will show to others in this post.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 04, 2015 16:55 |  #98

Sleemans wrote in post #17460709 (external link)
OK, this has been bugging me for a while, I cannot see any images 'hosted by forum server'.
Instead I see 'Hotlink prevention', 'Attachments are only for logged members and viewable on site'

Is it a setting on my account?
Thanks

The attachment is a screenshot of what I see, don't know how it will show to others in this post.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Sleemans in
./showthread.php?p=174​60709&i=i216047537
forum: AMASS Forum Software Talk

Now that you are logged (because you wrote this one) you see the images ?

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Sleemans
58 posts
Joined May 2005

Mar 04, 2015 17:15 |  #99

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17460729 (external link)
Now that you are logged (because you wrote this one) you see the images ?

No, as an example, in this post I cannot see the 2 images, I get the 'Hotlink' message/image:
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17458558

This seems to have started a few weeks ago, some time after forum was migrated as I believe in the beginning it was OK.

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 04, 2015 17:22 as a reply to  @ Sleemans's post |  #100

Have you tried clearing your cookies and relogging?

I am I

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 04, 2015 17:24 |  #101

Sleemans wrote in post #17460767 (external link)
No, as an example, in this post I cannot see the 2 images, I get the 'Hotlink' message/image:
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17458558

This seems to have started a few weeks ago, some time after forum was migrated as I believe in the beginning it was OK.

Ho ok, i'm using FF too, no problem at all with me,
So i don't think it's from AMASS but more from your browser (settings, cookies, may be you're using a proxy, whatever).

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

OhLook
you get what you get
19,256 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 04, 2015 17:29 |  #102

Sleemans wrote in post #17460709 (external link)
I cannot see any images 'hosted by forum server'.

Did the images stop appearing when you got add-ons? I use Firefox with no add-ons. I see uploaded images.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Sleemans
58 posts
Joined May 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Sleemans.

Mar 04, 2015 17:31 |  #103

Ok, thanks eveyone, I just figured it out:

I had this in Firefox set to 0 a few weeks back, I now set it back to default (2), I can see images.
network.http.sendRefer​erHeader
Yeah!

http://kb.mozillazine.​org …rk.http.sendRef​ererHeader (external link)

OhLook
you get what you get
19,256 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 04, 2015 17:36 |  #104

Sleemans wrote in post #17460790 (external link)
Ok, thanks eveyone, I just figured it out . . .

It's like psychotherapy, isn't it? The client starts talking about a distressing problem, the therapist nods neutrally at intervals and perhaps says a few words. This interchange continues until the client produces a solution.

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Mar 04, 2015 17:43 |  #105

OhLook wrote in post #17460796 (external link)
It's like psychotherapy, isn't it? The client starts talking about a distressing problem, the therapist nods neutrally at intervals and perhaps says a few words. This interchange continues until the client produces a solution.

:-P :lol: :-D

And thanks to Sleemans for sharing the info :-)

sponsored links

24,665 views & 5 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS 1.1
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.