Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arizona POTN get together?

this thread is locked
Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 11, 2007 07:17 |  #781

arizona85224 wrote in post #3186953 (external link)
Thanks everyone, just clicked the button for my first 20x30. Hope it comes out nice, if not the zoo is not to far.

Give us the details about the printer.

Adam
"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

sponsored links
macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2007 08:04 |  #782

Adam B. wrote in post #3188459 (external link)
Give us the details about the printer.

mpix.com is what I use. So far I've been happy with it.

Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 11, 2007 08:35 |  #783

Let us know when it gets here and how it looks. I like my hamburgers med. rare with garlic powder and black pepper rubbed in.:lol:

Adam
"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2007 09:01 |  #784

wow hamburgers, yum yum. I don't even own a grill, let alone own very many pots haha. I eat out most of the time.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

May 11, 2007 09:10 |  #785

arizona85224 wrote in post #3186344 (external link)
Can I ask for everyone's honest opinion and pretend you don't know me if that helps :)

I like this one, but not sure if I like it enough to print 20x30 or a 12x18

http://www.pbase.com/a​rizona85224/image/7856​9784 (external link)

Okay, I'm going to be a total brat, but you asked... I like the picture and it's a nice shot.. I wouldn't print 20x30 because it isn't perfect.. but thats my opinion and we all have different views of what is perfect.. so don't be offended.. okay.

I would love it more if you shooting from a bit of a different angle and the leaves were not covering part of his body. I like the leaves in the foreground though.. they look good there, but I want to see more of this creature..

Okay.. I said it... sorry.. :( hope your not offended. But print the 12x18 because its a cool shot, and you like it.....Save the 20x30 for something
spectacular!

Now I've completely cut myself off from this group, eveyone will decide that I'm mean...... But you asked for honesty...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 11, 2007 09:13 |  #786

kennys350d wrote in post #3187854 (external link)
thought i drop in and say whats up? if you guys are selling any lenses let me know, i still have a few on my wishlist that i need! thanks. btw, if you guys do plan on doing a trip please invite me too!! thanks.

I'm selling lenses... whatcha looking for?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 11, 2007 09:14 |  #787

arizona85224 wrote in post #3186953 (external link)
Thanks everyone, just clicked the button for my first 20x30. Hope it comes out nice, if not the zoo is not to far.

OOps... I spoke to late... Ouch.....! Now I'm really going to be the outcast....:rolleyes: I'm sure you'll love it... I'm just a tough critic... on my own stuff usually, but well, I'm onery this morning.

Let us know how it prints.. which lab are you using? Did I see Mpix? I've never used them.

~George Carlin

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2007 09:40 |  #788

Kristy wrote in post #3188934 (external link)
Okay, I'm going to be a total brat, but you asked... I like the picture and it's a nice shot.. I wouldn't print 20x30 because it isn't perfect.. but thats my opinion and we all have different views of what is perfect.. so don't be offended.. okay.

I would love it more if you shooting from a bit of a different angle and the leaves were not covering part of his body. I like the leaves in the foreground though.. they look good there, but I want to see more of this creature..

Okay.. I said it... sorry.. :( hope your not offended. But print the 12x18 because its a cool shot, and you like it.....Save the 20x30 for something
spectacular!

Now I've completely cut myself off from this group, eveyone will decide that I'm mean...... But you asked for honesty...

Kristy, I am not offended at all. I'm glad you said what you did because in a way I feel the same way about it as you do. That's the only way I can improve is for people to be honest if I ask for feedback. Thanks for letting me have it because you just helped me out. :)

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2007 09:41 |  #789

Kristy wrote in post #3188949 (external link)
OOps... I spoke to late... Ouch.....! Now I'm really going to be the outcast....:rolleyes: I'm sure you'll love it... I'm just a tough critic... on my own stuff usually, but well, I'm onery this morning.

Let us know how it prints.. which lab are you using? Did I see Mpix? I've never used them.

Not a problem at all, I'm more intrested I think to see how the print will look being that big, I always wanted to see one from my 30D. Mpix, YES

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 11, 2007 09:50 |  #790

arizona85224 wrote in post #3189066 (external link)
Not a problem at all, I'm more intrested I think to see how the print will look being that big, I always wanted to see one from my 30D. Mpix, YES

I bet it prints beautifully.. I've done 20x30s on a couple of newborn/family shots and they were beautiful. I normally use WHCC, but recently sent an order in to McKenna Pro.. It should be her today, so I'm anxious to compare print quality and color... McKenna uses fuji paper which seems to have richer color than Kodak papers, but what do I know..

Did you order a linen texture on it or anything? You know what would be really cool.... check this out...... http://orders.mckennap​ro.com/emailNewProduct​March2007.html (external link)

~George Carlin

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 11, 2007 09:51 |  #791

arizona85224 wrote in post #3189061 (external link)
Kristy, I am not offended at all. I'm glad you said what you did because in a way I feel the same way about it as you do. That's the only way I can improve is for people to be honest if I ask for feedback. Thanks for letting me have it because you just helped me out. :)

Oh good.... :) I apperciate honesty, so I always try to do the same.

~George Carlin

Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 11, 2007 11:50 |  #792

arizona85224 wrote in post #3188897 (external link)
wow hamburgers, yum yum. I don't even own a grill, let alone own very many pots haha. I eat out most of the time.

Do you need advice about grills, pots and pans for this cookout/viewing?;) We can help you spend your money easily.:twisted:

Of course I'm just teasing. I hope your print turns out well and I would love to see it.

Adam

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2007 12:27 |  #793

Adam B. wrote in post #3189686 (external link)
Do you need advice about grills, pots and pans for this cookout/viewing?;) We can help you spend your money easily.:twisted:

Of course I'm just teasing. I hope your print turns out well and I would love to see it.

I would like to know which is a good brand because the ones I do buy seem to go bad on me or they aren't as none stick as they say.

I'll show you guys. I would like a panoramic of Horseshoe Bend to hang on my wall, the picture I took last time I was rushed and it was just a mess.

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 11, 2007 14:32 |  #794

arizona85224 wrote in post #3188897 (external link)

Have grill will travel! You don't get out of it that easily! Also don't need pans, potato salad and slaw go great with burgers!

We need to celebrate the great unveiling!:D

Geoff

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 11, 2007 15:04 |  #795

Kristy wrote in post #3188949 (external link)
Now I'm really going to be the outcast

Nah - it is all about how you phrase it.

Anyone can point out defects - but giving suggestions on how to make improvements is what it is tough - I am always laughing when I see some of the stuff that comes out of the camera! As long as there are suggestions on how to overcome and/or notice potential defects before the shot - that is what it is all about -

If someone says - "Your bug has soft focus" - and that is it - wrong. If you say -"Your bug seems to have soft focus, and I know how tough it is to get a shot, you could always experiment take one series at one DOF and the next series at a greater DOF and that might bring the important parts into focus." Something like that --

Well - everyone has an opinion - and this is mine -

I applaud our friend for being brave enough to ask! I further applaud Kristy for being brave enough to respond and she should be allowed at the burger fest to see the giant print! :eek: :eek:

Geoff

sponsored links

629,239 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arizona POTN get together?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.