Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arizona POTN get together?

this thread is locked
TammieO
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2007 11:58 |  #826

100mm macro, 65 MPE for you with the macro twin lite and probably something longer. Besides the macro, you want me to bring anything else for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammie
1DMkII

sponsored links
macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2007 12:03 |  #827

I was thinking about buying the 24-70, hard to keep up with you and I forget things. Wouldn't mind a few shots from it to finalize my decision if you don't mind. :)

TammieO
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2007 12:06 |  #828

I can bring the 24-70, but you have to carry it. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammie
1DMkII

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2007 12:07 |  #829

TammieO wrote in post #3194418 (external link)
I can bring the 24-70, but you have to carry it. :lol:

Not a problem, I have plenty of empty space in the bag.

TammieO
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 12, 2007 12:09 |  #830

arizona85224 wrote in post #3194422 (external link)
Not a problem, I have plenty of empty space in the bag.

I also have a lovely 16-35.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammie
1DMkII

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2007 12:29 |  #831

TammieO wrote in post #3194428 (external link)
I also have a lovely 16-35.

I want that one as well.

I narrowed it down, I will buy the 16-35, 24-70 and 100-400. I already have the 70-200 so Im good there. Would like a 300mm 2.8 but after long sleepness nights I decided to go the other route knowing I will get more use from it.

Ok I feel better now, I better leave and enjoy this day or I will never get out.

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2007 13:14 |  #832

arizona85224 wrote in post #3193516 (external link)
In a way the heat feels good

It feels so good that I drive in my car with the windows rolled up and the air conditioner turned off.. when the thermostat reaches about 114 and I'm sweating really good, I pretend I'm in a sauna... :rolleyes:

Either that or I drive to the gym with it all closed up.. so by the time I get there, my muscles ar already warmed up... .LOL.. Geez.. it's getting hot.. I was enjoying the spring....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2007 13:15 |  #833

Adam B. wrote in post #3191386 (external link)
And just what kind of brownies are you talking about?

Hmm?? sounds like you have a special request....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2007 13:19 |  #834

disneydork06 wrote in post #3192469 (external link)
wow I missed a lot for not checking this thread daily. so yeah, I'm back in nphx now so i can make a couple more meets if there is any.
btw, why is it so hot?!? can someone turn down that sun? :-P

You Flagstaff boys need to toughen up.. It's a dry wonderful heat.. it feels good when you step outside and you skin starts to sizzle like bacon on your body... what's wrong with you... Time to hit the pool or the lake and stay in the water all day long.. And invest all your extra photography cash in to some good sunscreen so you don't turn into some dried out raisin person.

arizona85224 wrote in post #3192587 (external link)
I'm sure we will all meet again and roast are butts off

Summer meeting should be indoors.. studio lighting session... Geoff is going to teach us about macro, and Ryan and I will work to teach portrait lighting... Now to see if I can borrow a baby for a few hours... or a hot girl that we can all enjoy taking pictures of... Oh and Adam can do a floral series... Anyone else???

TammieO wrote in post #3193576 (external link)
Yah, like for the first 30 seconds after walking out of the building after spending most of the day with my butt glued to my chair trying to decifer a DOE from someone in another state who shall remain nameless (although I could name him since he isn't smart enough to learn to use a camera even though he has a Phd and will never see this). :rolleyes: Rant is over. I feel better now.:lol:

You're funny!

~George Carlin

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2007 13:22 |  #835

arizona85224 wrote in post #3194407 (external link)
I was thinking about buying the 24-70, hard to keep up with you and I forget things. Wouldn't mind a few shots from it to finalize my decision if you don't mind. :)

I dont' know if the 24-70 is good for macro.. I have it and it (and love it)... but doesn't focus well very close... You'd need the magnifying converter thingy.... Plus it's heavy... well, not as heavy as your 70-200 I guess...

I think those zoo flowers I shot.. the purple one and the red one were with my 24-70.. the wild flowers were with your lens.

~George Carlin

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2007 16:05 |  #836

Kristy wrote in post #3194639 (external link)
I dont' know if the 24-70 is good for macro.. I have it and it (and love it)... but doesn't focus well very close... You'd need the magnifying converter thingy.... Plus it's heavy... well, not as heavy as your 70-200 I guess...

I think those zoo flowers I shot.. the purple one and the red one were with my 24-70.. the wild flowers were with your lens.

The 24-70 isn't a macro lens, if I did get one for macro's if I really liked macro photography enough then I would get a 100mm or the 65 mpe for macro.

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,313 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

May 12, 2007 19:55 |  #837

Kristy wrote in post #3194633 (external link)
You Flagstaff boys need to toughen up.. It's a dry wonderful heat.. it feels good when you step outside and you skin starts to sizzle like bacon on your body... what's wrong with you... Time to hit the pool or the lake and stay in the water all day long.. And invest all your extra photography cash in to some good sunscreen so you don't turn into some dried out raisin person.

Summer meeting should be indoors.. studio lighting session... Geoff is going to teach us about macro, and Ryan and I will work to teach portrait lighting... Now to see if I can borrow a baby for a few hours... or a hot girl that we can all enjoy taking pictures of... Oh and Adam can do a floral series... Anyone else???

haha, I'm actually going to be helping out at water world these next two weeks. it should be interesting, plus I get a free summer pass woohoo!
a studio lighting session would be fun. but we'd need to find a nice and large indoor area for all of us. plus when Mike gets his new grill he can bring it along and make some burgers :-)

Az2Africa wrote in post #3194168 (external link)
I sorta got volunteered to shoot a small wedding for a co-worker. Anyone interested in being a second shooter for the practice, let me know. It will be Friday June 1st at 5:30pm in Paradise Valley.

I wish I could go and help you. I have my own wedding to shoot on the 3rd, but right now I'm planning on doing another job which will only let me off one day a week.

arizona85224 wrote in post #3194019 (external link)
when california drifts away maybe we will get some nice temps, oh and buy some property a little out west so you will be ready for the ocean.

hmm, good idea. maybe after I pay off all these student loans in like 10 yrs I'll be able to afford to.

arizona85224 wrote in post #3193977 (external link)
Ryan, did you decide on what lens you are going to get for the wedding.

I'm thinking about getting the 17-40. it worked well for me when I shot some photos for this choir at nau. here's what I did...next time I need to make sure to shoot in raw for these paid gigs.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by MYSPACECDN

btw, it's a pic from their myspace page.

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 12, 2007 23:22 |  #838

Kristy wrote in post #3194619 (external link)
Hmm?? sounds like you have a special request....

Well you know the kind, very tasty and makes me feel good all over, you know those special one Mom would never bake. You know, the ones bake with walnuts in them!!!:lol: Yeah those kind.

Adam
"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 12, 2007 23:59 |  #839

arizona85224 wrote in post #3195150 (external link)
The 24-70 isn't a macro lens, if I did get one for macro's if I really liked macro photography enough then I would get a 100mm or the 65 mpe for macro.

The 100mm is excellent, and it lets you take regular shots too, can't go wrong with this lens. The 65mm is magnificent though it is strictly a close up or macro lens. My vote and $ went for the 180mm. The 180mm gives you some extra reach when you are on a walk about while still being able to get 1:1 pix.

Thanks to Tammie and Russ, I was able to try out the 65mm and it is now on my wish list along with the twin flash.

Geoff

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 13, 2007 00:06 |  #840

TammieO wrote in post #3193644 (external link)
Hi Dana, glad you found us! Arizona85224 and I are headed for Boyce Thompson early Sunday morning. They should have lots of flowers blooming. Russ is still trying to decide if he wants to come along or golf with the boys.

Have a nice shoot-em up in the Blooming place!

Adam B and I did a nice Jerome and Gold King Mine today. Will report with the URL for a few shots.

Geoff

sponsored links

629,255 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arizona POTN get together?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.