Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 07:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Arizona POTN get together?

this thread is locked
azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 13, 2007 01:35 |  #841

One of my personal objectives for the latest excursion was to shoot only the 24mm to 105mm. I have become so focused on macro and longer telephoto, that I wanted to say hello again to this fine lens. Here is a small sample (external link) of some of todays encounters. A few more will probably hit the Album later.

Enjoy

Geoff

sponsored links
JmprSteve
NUMERO 19159
722 posts
Joined Sep 2004

May 13, 2007 01:49 |  #842

Geoff,
Visited the sample pictures, looks like you had a successful day. I did a bad thing today and visited Tempe Camera for some stuff - nothing in particular just looking to see. They had - notice the past tense - a used 300 f4 L IS that was looking pretty lonely sitting on the bottom shelf so I just had to bring it home with me! Played a little with it and definitely could have used it at the zoo earlier this month. Also, just for grins I put the 2x converter with (600 f8 IS - but no auto-focus) - will take it out for some shots later (mothers day is sunday so I will be doing the family thing).

TammieO
Goldmember
2,020 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 13, 2007 07:28 |  #843

azphotos wrote in post #3197215 (external link)
One of my personal objectives for the latest excursion was to shoot only the 24mm to 105mm. I have become so focused on macro and longer telephoto, that I wanted to say hello again to this fine lens. Here is a small sample (external link) of some of todays encounters. A few more will probably hit the Album later.
Enjoy

I like the pics. I think our next outing should be a general walk around like that. I focus tool much on wildlife.

JmprSteve wrote in post #3197245 (external link)
Geoff,
Visited the sample pictures, looks like you had a successful day. I did a bad thing today and visited Tempe Camera for some stuff - nothing in particular just looking to see. They had - notice the past tense - a used 300 f4 L IS that was looking pretty lonely sitting on the bottom shelf so I just had to bring it home with me! Played a little with it and definitely could have used it at the zoo earlier this month. Also, just for grins I put the 2x converter with (600 f8 IS - but no auto-focus) - will take it out for some shots later (mothers day is sunday so I will be doing the family thing).

Gotta love the 300f4. Mine looks pretty good with both the converters. Minimum focus distance is nice too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammie
1DMkII

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 13, 2007 07:36 |  #844

looks like you guys had fun.

Steve has a new toy, very nice.

Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 13, 2007 08:01 |  #845

Geoff,

Worst then a single puppy in the pet shop window!!! Congrats.

Adam
"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Adam ­ B.
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 13, 2007 08:05 |  #846

Enjoy

Geoff,
Nice shots, I like the bird in flight picture.

Adam
"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Az2Africa
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,481 posts
Joined Mar 2005

May 13, 2007 08:25 |  #847

[QUOTE=JmprSteve;31972​45]Geoff,
Visited the sample pictures, looks like you had a successful day. I did a bad thing today and visited Tempe Camera for some stuff - nothing in particular just looking to see. They had - notice the past tense - a used 300 f4 L IS that was looking pretty lonely sitting on the bottom shelf so I just had to bring it home with me! Played a little with it and definitely could have used it at the zoo earlier this month. Also, just for grins I put the 2x converter with (600 f8 IS - but no auto-focus) - will take it out for some shots later (mothers day is sunday so I will be doing the family thing).[/quote

I was watching your willpower fade as I left Tempe Camera and you you still had the 300 f4 in your hand. I knew you would leave with it.:lol: Congrats on a real find and a great lens.

"If you're not living on the edge. You're taking up too much room !"
My Gear Arizona's POTN Flickr Gallery (external link)

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,313 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

May 13, 2007 09:21 |  #848

so tempe camera and photomark the few places to pick up L lenses?

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
10,583 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2005

May 13, 2007 09:49 |  #849

Enjoy

Cool shots! I really the architecural ones.. and the lamp post is realy cool too! :)

Congrats on the new lens Steve!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
My Website Page (external link)
My Flickr Page (external link)

JmprSteve
NUMERO 19159
722 posts
Joined Sep 2004

May 13, 2007 09:55 |  #850

Locally, yes. They both seem to carry a good selection. B&H has a better price, but both stores have been very helpful. In my experience neither store pushes the L lense, but they make sure that you get the best lense that you can afford.

disneydork06
Cream of the Crop
7,313 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2006

May 13, 2007 12:41 |  #851

JmprSteve wrote in post #3198371 (external link)
Locally, yes. They both seem to carry a good selection. B&H has a better price, but both stores have been very helpful. In my experience neither store pushes the L lense, but they make sure that you get the best lense that you can afford.

sweet. I just got some money for pictures and then I got this temp job for two weeks...thinking about the 17-40L

Ryan
~AZ POTN Planned Activities (external link)
let me know how I can improve, cause we all know I need it :): Flickr (external link)
myspace (external link) facebook (external link) The Greatest online forum known on Earthtwitter (external link)[URL="http://www.500px​.com/RDimal"]500xp follow me! in something^ you know you want to

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 13, 2007 14:07 |  #852

Geoff,

WOOT! Steve got a new lens!!! Was a good thing visiting Tempe Camera! Not a bad thing! :D Very nice of you to adopt that lonely critter! Look forward to hearing your success stories along with sample shots!

And thank you, it was a good day. Even had homemade pie for lunch!

Geoff

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 13, 2007 14:29 |  #853

TammieO wrote in post #3197853 (external link)
I like the pics. I think our next outing should be a general walk around like that. I focus tool much on wildlife.

Thanks - glad you enjoyed - hope you have great success today. Was kinda fun - only little dinky black lenses - no tripods or monopods or white lenses - we were not mistaken for pros this time LOL! :lol:

Wildlife is good - was very hard for me to work on presenting the buildings, etc instead of showing you the pretty flowers and other critter pictures. Sure thought a whole lot more about composition when doing the buildings, etc! They were not moving around like the flowers and bugs!

Speaking of bugs - Adam spotted a really cool bug! My pix of it are pretty soft, so I hope he has a sharp image to share.

Kristy - Cool shots! I really the architecural ones.. and the lamp post is realy cool too!

Thanks! It was lots of fun. More to come...

Adam -Nice shots, I like the bird in flight picture.

Thanks - while we were "stalking" one sitting , the fun of short lenses, his buddy flew past! Kinda soft, but fun none the less.

arizona85224 -looks like you guys had fun.

Yes we did - also had the opportunity to meet a very friendly and loud cornish rex kitty at a friends house - Oh, and did I mention homemade pie! :lol:

Look forward to hearing your take on and seeing some shot from the 65mm!

Geoff

azphotos
747 posts
Joined May 2007

May 13, 2007 14:41 |  #854

Adam B. wrote in post #3197976 (external link)
Worst then a single puppy in the pet shop window!!! Congrats.

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny but true. At least it is better than a puppy becase Steve won't have to train it! He will have to take it for walks though! :rolleyes:

Geoff

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,494 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 13, 2007 14:52 |  #855

The 65mm is great, I like it for sure. Had a good time there, but the darn wind was blowing a little to hard for macro.

Oh, I have a lot of particals dam dam dam........:lol:

sponsored links

629,095 views & 0 likes for this thread
Arizona POTN get together?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.