Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 25 Feb 2006 (Saturday) 08:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any Tennessee folks out there.

shack
515 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 08, 2008 11:14 |  #121

GotDesign01 wrote in post #5073022 (external link)
tomireland,
Drop me a note sometime. I'd love to get out with some other photographers in the Louisville area.

I believe he means Louisville TN which is a community between Knoxville and Maryville/Alcoa, about 4 hours from Louisville Ky. You're still welcome to come down and visit if you like.

60D - EF 50mm f/1.8 - EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS - EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS - EF 300mm f/4 L - Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye - Canon Speedlite 430EX - PowerShot G12

"A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart, and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it; it is in one word, effective." - Irving Penn

sponsored links
GotDesign01
170 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 08, 2008 12:39 |  #122

OK. I wondered about that "just across the river" comment. Oh, well....

Aaron Hiler
My Blog (external link)
My Gallery (external link)
My Gear: EOS 40D, EOS 10D, EF 50mm f/1.8 II, EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6 III, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Speedlite 430EX

bhowdy
716 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 13, 2008 09:13 as a reply to  @ post 5073090 |  #123

Blount County (east Tennessee) Outing?

Tom Ireland and I have been exchanging PM's about meeting for breakfast and then heading out for a photo day .... Maybe Townsend or something like that. Cades Cove?

Possibly on March 22nd, if we get some interest. If you are in the east Tennessee area and would like to join us PM myself or TomIreland.

Just folks with a common hobby getting together, skill level is not important (heck I'm not very good) :D We can lairn from each other.

Bob
East Tennessee, USA

My Full Gear List - My Photo Galleries (external link)

spectre
825 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 13, 2008 09:27 |  #124

bhowdy wrote in post #5107075 (external link)
Tom Ireland and I have been exchanging PM's about meeting for breakfast and then heading out for a photo day .... Maybe Townsend or something like that. Cades Cove?

Possibly on March 22nd, if we get some interest. If you are in the east Tennessee area and would like to join us PM myself or TomIreland.

Just folks with a common hobby getting together, skill level is not important (heck I'm not very good) :D We can lairn from each other.

I just received a PM from Tom myself...

This is a great idea! I have no idea about a date yet but I am in if I can free up some time :)

Todd M. Allen TacAir Photography (external link)
"you've never lived, until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know"
My Gear

cindyinflorida
110 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 13, 2008 09:31 as a reply to  @ post 2942042 |  #125

Wow neat to see so many people living so close to me. I am now in Johnson City.

(guess I should change my username, but have asked several times to admin and never got any response. I do miss living in FL, as I miss birding. Thats the only thing I miss about FL. OH yea, the warmth at times. lol )

Cindy Nowlin, NE Florida
http://www.eyetoeyepho​tos.net (external link)
Nikon User Now

spectre
825 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 13, 2008 09:36 |  #126

cindyinflorida wrote in post #5107160 (external link)
Wow neat to see so many people living so close to me. I am now in Johnson City.

(guess I should change my username, but have asked several times to admin and never got any response. I do miss living in FL, as I miss birding. Thats the only thing I miss about FL. OH yea, the warmth at times. lol )

Uggh, I was stationed in florida for 5 years...and I never intend to go back and live :(

What part of Florida did you live?

"you've never lived, until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know"
My Gear

shack
515 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 13, 2008 09:51 |  #127

I PMed Tom as well. I think this is an excellent idea.

I just got back from Cades Cove on the 1st and it was still pretty drab (as you can see from the photos below). Three weeks may make a difference. I will say if that is the destination one must start at 8:00-8:30 AM (before May 7th when it is closed to cars till 10:00 AM) because anything after 10:00 or so and the trafic is unbearable and it will take 3-4 hours driving time alone. There were quite a few deer and turkey out early in the morning as well.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2008/2318627343_75f2da2095.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Not much color at the time on the Foothills Parkway either.

60D - EF 50mm f/1.8 - EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS - EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS - EF 300mm f/4 L - Tokina 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 Fisheye - Canon Speedlite 430EX - PowerShot G12

"A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart, and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it; it is in one word, effective." - Irving Penn

envyr
80 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 13, 2008 14:33 |  #128

Just found this thread. I'm in Nashville till June, lived here for around 7 years off and on. I'm a newbie to photography, but if anyone in the area would like to get together and shoot let me know, always willing to learn.

Mr. ­ Bill
927 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 13, 2008 14:59 |  #129

bhowdy wrote in post #5107075 (external link)

Jut sent Tom a PM. I am up for this little excursion.

Link to my Pictures (external link)

Mr. ­ Bill
927 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 20, 2008 15:49 as a reply to  @ Mr. Bill's post |  #130

Anymore info on the possible get together?

Link to my Pictures (external link)

shack
515 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 21, 2008 21:57 |  #131

I didn't hear anything else from Tom. I guess It's not happening this weekend. Maybe because it's Easter. There will be lots of opportunities if folks want to make it happen.

JeremyLangford
315 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Apr 19, 2008 15:19 |  #132

shack wrote in post #5164702 (external link)
I didn't hear anything else from Tom. I guess It's not happening this weekend. Maybe because it's Easter. There will be lots of opportunities if folks want to make it happen.

Id love to come to. I live in Knoxville. Only thing is, I have ditched digital photography and am now 100% film.

spectre
825 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 19, 2008 16:13 as a reply to  @ JeremyLangford's post |  #133

Well, lets get this thing going before all the blooms are gone :)

just not next weekend, I'll be in Charleston at their air show...

My Gear

shimmishim
Goldmember
1,602 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 30, 2008 08:05 |  #134

bump. still interested in meeting up... if not i may have to go join those ATL POTN'ers... :)

Call me John | JSP Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) |facebook (external link) | twitter (external link)
Canon 5D Mark III + a few L lenses
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=654812

shack
515 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Apr 30, 2008 09:44 |  #135

I'm still interested...but it will be awhile. I have daughter graduating from UT next week and we are having about 40 people over to PARTY this weekend. As soon as she walks across the stage and we take the obligatory load of pictures, then we're off to the airport. Her graduation present is a cruise to Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama (of course we are having to tag along ;) ). Then we have to help her get ready for a trip to Africa. She is going to do some volunteer work at an orphanage for a few weeks and then spend some time in Egypt doing the tourist stuff before she has to get started earning a living.

It may be the middle of June before I have a free weekend.

sponsored links

51,336 views & 5 likes for this thread
Any Tennessee folks out there.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.