Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 08 Mar 2015 (Sunday) 19:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

AMASS 1.33 Changelog (advance information)

Strontium
Durr?
7,403 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited over 4 years ago by Strontium.

Apr 12, 2015 18:39 |  #16

Pekka wrote in post #17514699 (external link)
I'll try to clarify:

I am talking about the "last post" link, not the "last page" link. Last post link is easy to click and it gets you to the last page, too.

The red arrow points to the "last page" link.
The blue arrow points to the "last post" link.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pekka in
./showthread.php?p=175​14699&i=i188287898
forum: Forum Talk

This is exactly what I'm asking about. On mobile it is not this easy. The red arrow shows what I'm talking about. On my desktop, it's fine. On mobile, not so much. It's so small that it's impossible to click it without a tool.

Sorry for being difficult but it is what it is.

Edit: It probably would have helped if I actually read your post. I apologize, Pekka. I would consider me a moron, if I were you. lol

I am I

sponsored links
Strontium
Durr?
7,403 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 13, 2015 03:42 |  #17

I must seem really thick. Well, I am...seriously.

It finally hit me that just clicking the blue arrow (where it points) got me what I wanted.

Sorry for derailing, over my stupidity.

I am I

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 13, 2015 12:48 |  #18

Strontium wrote in post #17515126 (external link)
I must seem really thick. Well, I am...seriously.

It finally hit me that just clicking the blue arrow (where it points) got me what I wanted.

Sorry for derailing, over my stupidity.

No problem, good to have it solved!

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

KurtB
207 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 16, 2015 08:14 |  #19

Great list and update on what to expect with the new version.

Still no email notification on PM or Threads, or did I miss that in the list? I know shortly after the 1.1 release email notifications were supposed to be a top priority, but I also know that priorities can change, especially when it comes to prioritizing fixing something vs. adding a feature.

Also, does the password reset page now use a secure connection? In the past, when I went to the page my web browsers did not give me any indication that it was a secure page.

7Dmk2, Tokina 12-24 f/4, Canon EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon 70-200 f/4L IS, lots of little stuff, flashes, stands, and almost enough brains to be considered dangerous :confused:

Unbalanced
As one of the gluttons for punishment, I'm glad to see Chet's back
7,759 posts
Gallery: 71 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Nov 2009

Apr 16, 2015 10:02 |  #20

Pekka wrote in post #17514601 (external link)
Because of all that, having an automated EXIF reading to fill the metadata and have a one-click add-to-gallery really has not much use if Flickr images won't co-operate with it. So, as I said I got frustrated on this, produced a theory how it could be possible, coded it and so AMASS 1.33 can get EXIF from any Flickr image (if the EXIF was read by Flickr in the first place, that is). It is not a "hack", just a logical procedure to emulate a human reading Flickr pages with a browser :). The end result is that all Flickr images can now have EXIF, and AMASS 1.33 will get it automatically after post submit.

So cool! I just can't fathom the amount of work you're putting into AMASS. More kudos for a job well done!

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.
flickr (external link)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 16, 2015 16:55 |  #21

KurtB wrote in post #17519579 (external link)
Great list and update on what to expect with the new version.

Still no email notification on PM or Threads, or did I miss that in the list? I know shortly after the 1.1 release email notifications were supposed to be a top priority, but I also know that priorities can change, especially when it comes to prioritizing fixing something vs. adding a feature.

PM email notifications are coded already, but I can't update just parts of 1.33 (too many components changed minutely) so it has to wait for the full update, sorry.

Also, does the password reset page now use a secure connection? In the past, when I went to the page my web browsers did not give me any indication that it was a secure page.

AMASS has no https pages (the old forum did not have either). I may add some later, but I do not think they are really needed. Login process obfuscates username and pass lightly and member session cookies have both random name and content so sniffing traffic is not very easy with AMASS. But as always, the best option for security is avoid using login and management pages like password change page with open Wifi connections.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 16, 2015 16:55 |  #22

Unbalanced wrote in post #17519699 (external link)
So cool! I just can't fathom the amount of work you're putting into AMASS. More kudos for a job well done!

Thank you! :-)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 4 years ago by Pekka. (5 edits in all)

May 06, 2015 15:30 |  #23

As the release of 1.33 is getting very close now, here's some things missing from the initial list:

AMASS can get EXIF from resized Flickr images, too.

"DEAL DONE" labels
Search: when a search result is from marketplace forums, "DEAL DONE" etc. labels are shown. Those labels are also added to all thread listings in FYEO.

Sticky: Show stickies command is stored for each forum separately, no cookies used any more.

Thread peek popup added (beta, optional: need to set it on in FYEO).

Gear and Gallery:
gear page lists 20 most popular ISO, aperture, shutter speed and focal lenghts used and each has link to gallery filtered by that item. Also, each lens has apertures top 20 list, and cameras have top 20 ISOs and apertures. Each lens has top 20 cameras list, and each camera has top 20 lenses list. All those lists have links to a corresponding gallery, so you can see a gallery of "7D with Canon 100m macro", or gallery of "ISO 12800" photos, , or gallery of "aperture 1.2" photos, or gallery of "Sony α7R with ISO 1000" gallery etc.

Ratings: added a full detailed ratings page for each gear.

Fixed the "MDJAK index page link" bug.

Thread pages have status links ("Go to first NEW", "go to first unread"..) for new posts, just as in thread listings.

Some very minor stylistic changes, some font cases changed (no all caps in commands) etc.

Added an announcement system (for members only, appears next to notifications box, when the announcement is clicked (to view the announcement thread) it is no longer shown.

Editor has some minor changes:
MORE TOOLS contains now icons for most commands (I use Google material design icons mostly), also the url command can stay open (as other toolboxes) if you move it before submitting it. That way entering several named links is a one click job. Also, I have removed the green undo/redo icons and put undo/redo as "low key" simple arrow setup at the bottom of the toolbox, and the undo steps counter is only visible if you click undo or redo, better that there's no "moving" stuff on the editor.

All editor command icons have now a mouseover state (slightly enlarged).

Member gallery browser position and UI improvements
Member gallery browser (on thread pages) is by default at the bottom now. You can move it to left, right and bottom (position is stored in a cookie)

FOLLOW THREAD command UI
has been corrected so that there is no confusion possible. See https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17531081 for the flow chart.

Quoting:
uploaded photos that are not inserted to post via ATTACH tags are added to quote as ATTACH tags.

Quoting:
All uploaded photos (hosted photos) have now a thumbnail in quotes, with link to original post and forum info. If the photo is from G&N forum and quoted outside it, it is only shown to those who have chosen to view the G&N forum.

Forum filtering:
Forum filtering page has some changes to usability.

Gallery thumbnails and G&N:
All G&N thumbs are shown normally, as there is no reason not to: G&N is hidden from new members by default (see about forum filtering below) and it is always filtered out from guests. When you decide to show G&N forum, you will see the thumbs, if you decide to hide it you won't see any G&N thumbs.

Forum filtering and G&N:
Glamour & Nude forum is now hidden from new members (all who register after 1.33 is online). When you click to show G&N in forum filtering page in FYEO, you need to confirm that you accept that you will see nudity and erotic photography there.

Add to gallery:
Mobile cache errors (bytemobile) are now handled when adding a photo to gallery.

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,087 posts
Gallery: 616 photos
Joined Feb 2011

May 06, 2015 15:39 |  #24

Wow pekka! Well done and thankyou

With regards to the grey bar notification am I right in thinking this will.be the purple notification in the corner that is currently not working? (I hope so as I really liked the old purple bar)

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,783 posts
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 4 years ago by Pekka. (2 edits in all)

May 06, 2015 15:44 |  #25

xpfloyd wrote in post #17546296 (external link)
Wow pekka! Well done and thankyou

With regards to the grey bar notification am I right in thinking this will.be the purple notification in the corner that is currently not working? (I hope so as I really liked the old purple bar)

Thanks!

The "grey bar notification" a.k.a "title hint notification" was mentioned in https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1421854, it will work on 1.33 :)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
13,087 posts
Gallery: 616 photos
Joined Feb 2011

May 06, 2015 15:58 |  #26

Pekka wrote in post #17546302 (external link)
Thanks!

The "grey bar notification" a.k.a "title hint notification" was mentioned in https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1421854, it will work on 1.33 :)

Excellent news thank you

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
α7R III | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
Loxia 21 | FE35
16-35 GM | Tamron 28-75

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,158 posts
Joined Apr 2006

May 07, 2015 06:50 |  #27

Those of us with programming backgrounds recognize the horrendous amount of work you're doing here. But I am sure everybody who uses POTN thanks you for your efforts.

Website (external link) |

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Jun 10, 2015 11:52 |  #28

I've waited awhile to let it soak in... at last I can say:

IMAGE: http://livecheshire.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/thank-you.gif

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

sponsored links

5,785 views & 6 likes for this thread
AMASS 1.33 Changelog (advance information)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.