Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 17 Mar 2015 (Tuesday) 08:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #526 - See Anything Green?

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 23, 2015 20:02 |  #16

Thank you, Carolyn. Thanks for a fun theme this week and for the tough judging. You interpreted the photo the same way I did. Wasn't sure anyone was going to get that :-)
The mild moist winter has made for ideal conditions for moss to grow quite large. Unfortunately, it's doing that all over the place.
Spring cleaning is going to be a chore for sure.

And congrats teekay and Rafael. The soccer game flashed me back to my son's soccer days (er, years).

I'll try to have the next challenge up later this evening.

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Raven.

Mar 23, 2015 20:04 |  #17

teekay wrote in post #17488167 (external link)
That's for sure! We eagerly look forward every year to those first shoots of green emerging right after the snow, but I really miss not having a flip screen on the G15 when I have to get right down to ground level to take shots like my entry this week.

LOL. Exactly why I pulled out the G12 for this shot. My knees groaned at the thought of bending down to ground level with the G16. :-)

Michael ­ Wells
932 posts
Joined Mar 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by Michael Wells.

Mar 23, 2015 21:58 |  #18

Congrats Raven, teekay, and Rafael! Some great shots! We're at the "dirty brown" end of winter here…not much green to be seen yet, so I grabbed one of the few house plants that's still living and played with it for awhile. You are spot on Carolyn…I used a variety of things while playing with the original image, but the most noticeable is the effect of the watercolor filter. I had a lot of fun with it, but it's painfully obvious that I never did well in art class!:-) Thanks Carolyn, for hosting the challenge this week, and for the insightful comments!

Michael Wells
G9, 5D,Grip,70-200 2.8 IS,24-70,400 5.6

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,296 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Mar 23, 2015 23:48 |  #19

Boy, I was completely surprised by the types of entries this week & great choice for winners, Carolyn. My whole yard is exploding in shades of green so I had a hard time picking something to enter. Part of my problem with my camera is that the autofocus does not work on my old Pro1 so I struggle in lower light & sometimes I take 30-50 shots with the hope of getting 3-6 of them to be in focus. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

JimAskew
Cream of the Crop
7,474 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by JimAskew.

Mar 24, 2015 15:20 |  #20

Congratulations to Jim, Teekay, and Rafael! Excellence "green" entries :-) A tough and fun contest Carolyn...a real challenge for me as there is nothing green in my area yet...the long winter still has us in its grip so I had to fall back on my watch collection again! The good news is that the Washington DC Cherry Blossoms will be blooming in about 3 weeks. How about a pink contest someone :)

Jim -- I keep the Leica D-Lux 7 in the Glove Box just in case!
7D, G5X, 10-22MM EF-S, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 24-105MM f/4 EF L, Leica D-Lux 7

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,184 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #526 - See Anything Green?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.