Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 21 Apr 2015 (Tuesday) 19:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What photography stuff did you do today?!

njstacker22
703 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 29, 2015 14:03 |  #76

MatthewK wrote in post #17537377 (external link)
I have my photography gear by the door and ready to go out shooting :D Problem is, my other hobby is interfering w/ this venture out into the nice weather, so I'm contemplating delaying that so that I can go shoot for the first time in a while!

Other hobby = tuning my Subaru STi :D

Just have to put them together. Maybe some cool time lapses?

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

sponsored links
Eddie
xpfloyd lookalike
14,481 posts
Gallery: 676 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Apr 29, 2015 14:18 |  #77

MatthewK wrote in post #17537374 (external link)
Mind Map? Is this an App of some sort?

That was my first thought. Now that I've looked into it more I actually want to give it a try, looks like it could be handy at work

α7R III | α9 II | Mavic 2 Pro | Osmo Pocket | GoPro Hero 7 Black
16-35GM | 24GM | 35GM | 85GM | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Zeiss CY 35-70

tdlavigne
364 posts
Joined Mar 2015

Apr 29, 2015 16:55 |  #78

Boring day here, finished some retouching for a client shoot, and procrastinating on loading up my gear for a gig tomorrow. Wanted to try plan a shoot for this weekend but looks like it's the start of another heat wave here :/

mathogre
Goldmember
3,794 posts
Gallery: 117 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 29, 2015 18:52 |  #79

MatthewK wrote in post #17537374 (external link)
Mind Map? Is this an App of some sort?

xpfloyd wrote in post #17537442 (external link)
That was my first thought. Now that I've looked into it more I actually want to give it a try, looks like it could be handy at work

It's a regular application. Mind maps have been around for a little while. I use them at work and I use them at home with my photography. Below are two links. One is to a Wiki page on mind maps, and the other is on the freeware tool FreeMind. I've also attached an image of one of my mind maps. It's one I used for trip planning, and am using for planning a subsequent trip.

If you like working with lists, you may love a mind map! If you don't, you won't.

http://en.wikipedia.or​g/wiki/Mind_map (external link)
http://freemind.source​forge.net/wiki/index.p​hp/Main_Page (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Photo Collection (external link)

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,692 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Apr 29, 2015 21:17 |  #80

I tried mapping my mind once. Nothing but dead-ends and unpaved roads. :)

Canon shipped my gear today. It will be here tomorrow, if anyone's home to sign for it!

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

ra40
Goldmember
1,531 posts
Gallery: 658 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 30, 2015 22:01 |  #81

A new bag arrived so went through the drill of fitting the rig up and transferring the accessories over. Did some hard drive digs to see what old photo's could be massaged differently in LR5 opposed to when they were simply converted and processed differently. Funny that what was done long ago can be done so much more quickly in LR these days.

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,558 posts
Gallery: 188 photos
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, USA, now in Washington state, USA, road trip back and forth a lot

Apr 30, 2015 23:26 |  #82

Went to a nearby marsh intending to photograph Red-winged Blackbirds, Great Blue Herons, and Double-crested Cormorants, which I did. But I also got a nice unexpected opportunity with a Northern Harrier.
My primary goal at the marsh was to figure out a way to get up into the 80-foot high Cottonwood trees where the herons and cormies nest. I walked round and round the rookery, and still didn't see how I could safely get that high up into any of the trees. Been trying to figure this out for two years now, and at some point I'm going to either get 'er done or have to give up the dream of shooting the nests from eye level.

HOSTED PHOTO

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
14,117 posts
Gallery: 2121 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Apr 30, 2015 23:52 |  #83

Tom Reichner wrote in post #17539198 (external link)
Went to a nearby marsh intending to photograph Red-winged Blackbirds, Great Blue Herons, and Double-crested Cormorants, which I did. But I also got a nice unexpected opportunity with a Northern Harrier.
My primary goal at the marsh was to figure out a way to get up into the 80-foot high Cottonwood trees where the herons and cormies nest. I walked round and round the rookery, and still didn't see how I could safely get that high up into any of the trees. Been trying to figure this out for two years now, and at some point I'm going to either get 'er done or have to give up the dream of shooting the nests from eye level.

Experimenting with drones? :)

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Spats139
412 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2009

May 01, 2015 00:23 |  #84

Unpacked a new backdrop and spent some time with the fabric steamer to get all the creases out; or out enough anyway. A lot of creases in 200sf!

Dale

Foodguy
Goldmember
1,324 posts
Joined Mar 2012

May 01, 2015 12:06 |  #85

Invoices/proposals/web​site updates/social media posts and working on my 'food photography workshop' plan.

My answer for most photography questions: "it depends...'

njstacker22
703 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2014

May 01, 2015 13:01 |  #86

Started shopping for a new pack to carry my extra body + flashes, updated my website, read a little bit of "Best Business Practices for Photographers", glanced through PhotoPro magazine and also looking debating on what lens I want to rent for my vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. **also open to suggestions if anyone cares to add**

Think that's all so far :lol:

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

MichiTimm
837 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

May 01, 2015 18:26 |  #87

Scouted a location and played with a Polaroid SX-70. Then the mail came and I got a Flash Bar 2 for the SX-70 so I played with it again.

MatthewK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,081 posts
Gallery: 1038 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

May 01, 2015 20:48 |  #88

Used my 5d3 to snap a photo of my washed and waxed car.

HOSTED PHOTO

daverator
My title stinks!
2,073 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Sep 2014

May 01, 2015 21:04 |  #89

Legs for my new gimbal head came today, set it up, gonna do a couple moon shots tonight with the Tammy if these clouds that rolled in leave.

Dave
7D gripped l T3i gripped | EFS-IS 18-55mm | EFS-IS II 55-250mm | EF 50mm 1.8 II l Tamron 150-600mm | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 vc

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,558 posts
Gallery: 188 photos
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, USA, now in Washington state, USA, road trip back and forth a lot

May 01, 2015 23:18 |  #90

MalVeauX wrote in post #17539213 (external link)
Experimenting with drones? :)

Very best,

Ha ha! No. I am too much of a control freak when it comes to precise composition, exact alignment of background elements in relation to the subject, exposure, subject pose, waiting 'til there's a slight gleam of catchlight in the subject's eye, etc. To get all of that stuff precisely the way I want it, I have to be looking thru a viewfinder and have the camera completely under my control.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links

16,166 views & 18 likes for this thread
What photography stuff did you do today?!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.