Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 10 May 2015 (Sunday) 16:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need to buy a new laptop, shall i buy a macbook

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
3,184 posts
Gallery: 333 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

May 15, 2015 14:54 |  #31

Yea, I know what your mean about the glare on the retina, not too bad as the screen is good and bright if you need it to be, but I think the fact that you can view constant colour and contrast at quite a ridiculous angle kinda out weighs the refections.

Editing in the field on a laptop it like listening to music on earphones while walking on a busy street, yes you can hear the music but it will should much better on your home system.

For me I'm use to them and like the way they operate. I'd buy another one with out considering a PC.
My wife constantly complains about her work laptop (W8)

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T3. 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8.
Pelican, Ona, ThinkTank, Matthews Grip, Elinchrom

Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

May 15, 2015 14:59 as a reply to  @ Two Hot Shoes's post |  #32

I complain about my work laptop all the time as well (also a windows machine). However my complaints are all due to corporate IT crap. Not allowing us to purchase machines needed for what we do, blocking us from changing some settings ..... just crap like that. A lot of work machines are that way IT says its helping but all it does is cause headaches for the user.

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

May 15, 2015 15:16 |  #33

Bleufire wrote in post #17557688 (external link)
Stop spreading this without benchmarks and proof. Cost for cost a windows machine will blow a Mac out of the water but OS simplicity IS easier on OSx for a new computer user though but seriously show facts that says that macs are better punch for punch machines if you are going to make statements like this. It confuses people who do not know better and you spread misinformation.

For clarity that should be cost for cost some machines sold with windows will be better. (You can still find laptops without an OS, or sold with ones that aren't Mac or Windows, but you likely have to go looking for them.) There are still lots of machines out there which are sold with windows preinstalled that will cost you more for what the hardware can do, and some with really questionable mobile processors.

But the real point is that there are a few lines of apple products vs the many many many lines of products offering windows. Apple products sit at a premium price range and cover a middle of the road to upper tier performance space in the laptop world, where as competitors cover the very bottom of the barrel to upper tier performance and spread their price range over cut throat bargain to high premium price.

So you can find windows systems that are cheaper for their horsepower, a very similar price, or even slightly more expensive than a comparable apple product. But they will all have various pros and cons, and you should look to a system that meets your needs and wants. (For example, some people will go on and on about how much better an apple laptop is because it can drive a huge external display, but that is kind of a useless feature if you only ever use the built in screen.)

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

ekfaysal
THREAD ­ STARTER
418 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

May 24, 2015 05:04 |  #34

I just want to thank each and everyone of you.
That's why i love this forum. You got stuck somewhere, you ask a question here, and there comes plenty of suggestions. Love you all.
I'm sorry i couldnt visit this thread since few days.
Anyways. I have got a Macbook pro 13 Inches 2015 Model. Core i5 8GB 250GB SSD.
i am really liking it . Photoshop and lightroom. works like a charm .
at first i was a bit uncomfortable as i been using windows since 1998. But getting used to it with time.

My INSTAGRAM (external link)

Facebook page (external link)

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

May 24, 2015 09:10 |  #35

Enjoy the new system. If you haven't already I would suggest going into the System Preferences, and then look through the trackpad settings. Forget what all is enabled by default, but I remember having to set a few things my self to get a few of the features I really like.

Flipping between multiple desktops is very nice in some work flows.

Google will also be your friend, and don't be scared of the command line. There will be minor things that bug you about using the system, and I would suggest not hesitating to google the issue and see if anyone has a decent solution for it.

Good luck, have fun.

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,967 views & 3 likes for this thread
Need to buy a new laptop, shall i buy a macbook
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.