Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
Thread started 04 Jun 2015 (Thursday) 14:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

og 5d af vs 6f - another 6d vs 7d mkii thread.

kryptic4l
53 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 04, 2015 14:47 |  #1

just curious as i am trying to get away from the 5d which i recently purchased used.

I used to shoot 7d, now I purchased a 5d which I am rather unsatisfied with the lack of live view and I cannot gain focus in many situations. Not sure if operator error, but never had trouble to this extent on the 7d.

I am a pretty all around shooter, I enjoy sports, but I am getting back into things for my baby. I was set on buying a 7d mkii until I browsed the sample image thread. I cannot tell if its the personality behind the cameras, or a crop sensor thing, but they definitely had different feel. Like most I am stuck between the 7d mkii and the 6d.

If the 6d is as bad as the 5d af wise I know i will not enjoy it. however if it performs at a higher level it may well be worth the go.

will the 6d do sports better then the 7d will do baby photos,

Currently I have the 17-40 f4 50 1.8 and 70-200mm 2.8 non is. I really need to add a lens as well as i have a glaring gap.

kryptic4l
THREAD ­ STARTER
53 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 04, 2015 23:08 |  #2

nevermind, found the answer, where apparently the center point is pretty decent, gonna give the 6d a go, and buy for my immediate needs. I'll deal with sports needs at a later date when I decide I need them again.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

406 views & 0 likes for this thread
og 5d af vs 6f - another 6d vs 7d mkii thread.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.