Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 30 Jun 2015 (Tuesday) 10:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #541: Best photo taken this week

teekay
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001
Post edited over 3 years ago by teekay.

Jun 30, 2015 10:52 |  #1

Best photo taken this week

Any subject, but your entry must be taken between now (June 30) and the end of the challenge at noon GMT on Monday July 6. Please show the date taken, as well as the camera. The winning entry will be the one I would most like to print and hang if it were mine

RESULTS!

Surprised there weren't more entries as the subject was completely open, but thanks to all who did take manage to take such good shots this week.

Some comments:

corythosaurus - "Mile High Day Break". Nice shot that takes me back to my own days of tenting high in the mountains. Dawn is a great time for outdoor photography and I just wish I had the willpower more often to get up so early.

Maureen Souza - "Ella, Our First Granddaughter". One happy baby - nice composition!

pwdieter - "Fourth of July Tomatos". I like this unusual take of an very common subject - good eye!

rpolitsr - "Most visited (... this week)". I also see a similar view every day, but have never thought to take a photo of it - thanks for the idea!

Trumper - "Sunset over the South Downs". A fine capture of that magic time just after sunset.

Raven - "Bee Balm for the Hummers". The centre composition works well for this spectacular bloom - hope the hummers also liked it.

Not easy choosing a winner since the subjects are all so different, but in the end I think the one I'd be most likely to hang on my wall is...

#1 - Trumper's "Sunset over the South Downs".

And the runners up would be:

#2 - corythosaurus's "Mile High Day Break"
#3 - Maureen's "Ella, Our First Granddaughter" (although if it were my own grandaughter it would of course take #1 spot!)

To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo.
Don't forget your Camera Model.

Post until Monday noon GMT, 6 July 2015.

Photo Submissions

1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II, G7 X and Pro1 only.
    -
  2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
    -
  3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
    -
  4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
    -
  5. Posting --
    • One photo per photographer in each challenge.
    • Photo Title in the first line of the post.
    • Camera model.
    • EXIF data, if you like.

6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
    -
  7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
    -
Time

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
  • New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
  • Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
  • Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
  • Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page.
Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.

Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.

sponsored links
corythosaurus
Goldmember
1,583 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 01, 2015 19:37 |  #2

Mile High Day Break -07/01/15

G10

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
32,924 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by Maureen Souza.

Jul 02, 2015 22:30 |  #3

Ella, Our First Granddaughter 7-2-15

Pro 1

HOSTED PHOTO

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

pwdieter
528 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Post edited over 3 years ago by pwdieter.

Jul 04, 2015 17:08 |  #4

Fourth of July Tomatos
G7x

HOSTED PHOTO

Have fun
Paul

http://paul-dieter.artistwebsites.​com/ (external link)

rpolitsr
5,937 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jul 05, 2015 13:48 |  #5

Most visited (... this week)

IMAGE: http://rpolitsr.rafaelpolit.com/potngserieschall/541_IMG_8463_960.jpg
powershot Pro1

rafael
Canon powershot Pro1, EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
"Personal messaging regarding selling or buying items with members who have no posts in forums and/or who you do not know from forums is hereby declared strictly stupid and you will get burned."
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Trumper
816 posts
Joined May 2003

Jul 06, 2015 02:27 |  #6

g1x mk11 Sunset over the South Downs 30th June 2015 21-00

HOSTED PHOTO

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jul 06, 2015 02:54 |  #7

Bee Balm for the Hummers - 7/3/2015

G16

IMAGE: http://jimowensphotography.zenfolio.com/img/s6/v136/p1302892917-6.jpg

~ Jim

teekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 06, 2015 09:46 |  #8

Thanks everyone! Challenge now closed. Results ASAP.

teekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 06, 2015 11:45 |  #9

Results now at the top.:-)

Trumper
816 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited over 3 years ago by Trumper. (2 edits in all)

Jul 06, 2015 12:23 |  #10

:eek:Yea gods i wasn't expecting that.I only saw the competition last night as we had been away and this was one of the photos i took.
The other photos on here are fantastic ,well done everyone. Maureens Grand daughter Ella awwwww,it's a shame they grow up ,make the most of her being young :)
Corythosaurus , what a view,if you live near there what a beautiful place.
Rafael,i have to ask--what on earth is it--looks too complicated to me LOL :)

Right i had now better scratch my head and have a think :)

I have added this weeks challenge https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1433894 have fun :)

Maureen ­ Souza
32,924 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 06, 2015 14:42 |  #11

Congrats to Trumper & Cory. LOL, Ella comes 3 days a week & is such a wriggler that I took 5 out of focus photos before getting this one. I will be glad when she can sit & crawl as she wants to go so badly she screeches her complaints regularly. :rolleyes:

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

rpolitsr
5,937 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by rpolitsr.

Jul 06, 2015 14:49 |  #12

It was a nice theme, teekay, I'm glad to see some exterior or family shots. Congratulations Trumper, corythosaurus and Maureen for those nice photos of the week.

In spite of my degree in electronics, I still use a 'wired' computer system, no Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or any other wireless technologies.
My photo depicts the front cluster of input/output connectors of my main computer. It was shot as soon as the theme was announced, but I held it until Sunday in the hope of a 'real' photo opportunity later in the week. I was processing photos and also the city streets were not the safest place for cameras larger than phones due to the protests against the government. Oh well!

Edit: Another photo of Ella while I was writing. She is so cute Maureen, congratulations!

rafael
Canon powershot Pro1, EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
"Personal messaging regarding selling or buying items with members who have no posts in forums and/or who you do not know from forums is hereby declared strictly stupid and you will get burned."
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

corythosaurus
Goldmember
1,583 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 06, 2015 15:04 |  #13

Thanks, teekay, for hosting and judging this week's challenge! I appreciate the 2nd place nod and congratulations to Trumper and Maureen. Great theme this week and very nice photos!

Maureen, Ella's smile is awesome!

Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
32,924 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 06, 2015 15:15 |  #14

corythosaurus wrote in post #17622736 (external link)
Thanks, teekay, for hosting and judging this week's challenge! I appreciate the 2nd place nod and congratulations to Trumper and Maureen. Great theme this week and very nice photos!

Maureen, Ella's smile is awesome!

Considering she screams more than she smiles...... :p

5DMK4
7DMK2

teekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,901 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 06, 2015 17:51 |  #15

Taken from my bedroom window one evening, this would have been my own photo of the week if it hadn't been taken with my SX50. A massive wildfire erupted just six miles away. Knowing how fast they can travel, I didn't get much sleep that night as the glare filled the sky in the distance. The water bombers and firefighters are still busy attacking it. Just one of hundreds of wildfires burning in western Canada right now. And the summer is only just starting....:-(

IMAGE: http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/WildfireSitkum0715FromOurHouse1024.jpg

sponsored links

4,167 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #541: Best photo taken this week
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.