- Very sharp (even wide open);
- Very low chromatic aberration;
- Good contrast and color rendering;
- Very fast focus speed;
- Good built quality;
- Very handy IS for shooting static subjects in low light;
- Ready to go macro mode;
- Only goes up to f4;
- High distortion at 24 mm (using a full frame body);
- macro mode: very low minimum focusing distance, can't light your subject properly and there is also the danger of damaging the (very large) front element, you can't use your hood if you shoot macro;
- Quite soft when in macro mode.
- Zoom ring is not very smooth.