Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
Thread started 03 Sep 2015 (Thursday) 12:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 100-400mm f5.6 IS version 1 - $775 shipped and paypalled

Summary of marketplace feedback given to Tom Reichner
First feedback: never, latest feedback: never.
Tom Reichner has given marketplace feedback to others 1 time.
Overall Ratingn/a
not rated
Communicationn/a
not rated
Deliveryn/a
not rated
Paymentn/a
not rated
ForumAllSellBuy
Classifieds: Want to Buy0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: For Sale0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Offered0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Classifieds: Services Needed0 (0.0)0 (0.0)0 (0.0)
Sell: Tom Reichner was selling. Buy: Tom Reichner was buying. Overall rating average of each role/forum shown in parenthesis.

This new marketplace feedback system started in early 2018. Older feedback for this member may be available in the legacy feedback thread, click here to autosearch them. To search for all threads by Tom Reichner in marketplace forums, click here.
30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required before you can give marketplace feedback.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 03, 2015 12:14 |  #1

I am selling my 100-400 zoom. Why? Because I upgraded to the version 2.

This lens has produced many, many great images for me that have been sold and published worldwide. It is easily capable of producing professional results, and was a faithful workhorse for me for several years. If you want to see the types of images that have been made with this lens, feel free to look thru my POTN gallery for images whose EXIF data say "Canon 100-400mm IS"

The lens is in great working condition. By this I mean that there is nothing wrong with it that will keep it from performing as it should, nor is there anything wrong with it that will keep it from producing great photos.

Cosmetically, the lens is in good shape, but not "flawless" or "pristine". But then again I've never really cared about a lens' finish or lustre - it's the pictures that matter - not the look of the lens!

There is dust inside the lens, as is typical of this model.

I had the lens at CPS a few years ago. They put a new front element in it because the old one was scratched. That was nice of them, but, to be honest, it was unnecessary because the element with the scratch worked just fine. You may find some small scratches on the new element if you look real close, but I don't know of any; my close-up vision isn't good enough to see any scratches.

I tried to read the date code, but I've gotten a bit far-sighted in recent years, and have trouble seeing the small print clearly. I looks like it says UT1114. I know that the lens is at least a 2008 model, and may be older than that. I know this because I have had it since 2008, and do not remember if I bought it used or if I bought it new.

I don't have any recent pictures of the lens. But it does kind of look the same to me as it did when I got it. So I will attach a pic I have from 2011; it looks the same to me now. If you want a recent photo of the lens, then I can take one with my cell phone and text it to you.

I will include the front lens cap and the rear lens cap. And it comes with the original tripod foot. And I have the whitish padded zipper case that came with it. The case has some dust and stains on it. I probably have the box and manual somewhere, but honestly, I don't feel like rooting thru my stuff trying to find it, so that will not be included. One extra that I will include is a speed plate that is mounted onto the foot. I am including that because it may be useful to whoever buys the lens. Ok, to be honest I am including it because I don't feel like taking it off, and even if I did remove it I would probably lose it, anyway. So it will stay on the lens and the buyer will get it as a throw in.

The lens hood is not included, because I can't find it. To be honest, it loosened up over time, and wouldn't fit snugly, anyway. When on the lens it was flopsy and tended to fall off a lot. So no hood. If I were buying this lens, and wanted to get a hood for it, I would buy this one for $18:
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Q&is=REG&m=Y&Q=​&A=details (external link)

BOTTOM LINE: If you want a good solid lens that takes great pictures, and want to get it for a good deal from an honest, well-known seller, then this is for you. If you are real picky about what your gear looks like, and hold it inches away from your eyeballs and scrutinize it's finish for slight blemishes, then this probably isn't for you. If you are real picky about having all of the miscellaneous stuff that comes with a lens when it is new, or about scrutinizing recent pictures of the lens, then this isn't for you, as I am not a very motivated seller and simply do not want to spend time and effort on this sale (other than writing this post). I just want to sell it with minimal effort - that is why it is cheaper than many of the other well-used 100-400s that are for sale.

I am not open to offers for less than $775. $775 is a very fair price, and that is how much I want to get for this lens.

Included in the $775 is the PayPal fee and USPS priority mail shipping to the 48 contiguous states. ALL SELLERS should include the shipping and PalPal fee in their price whenever they sell gear here on POTN. If you want it insured that is fine, but you, not I, will pay for the insurance.

If you want to buy the lens feel free to call me or to send me a private message. My phone # is on my website if you prefer to call instead of sending a PM.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)
REPLYING DENIED: 30 posts AND 30 days of membership is required
544 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 100-400mm f5.6 IS version 1 - $775 shipped and paypalled
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Classifieds: For Sale 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.