Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 24 Oct 2015 (Saturday) 14:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Crazy refurb deals- act quick

uwphotoguy
38 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Oct 29, 2015 20:49 |  #166

Picked up my 7D Mark II today from Fedex. Having it delivered to a local Fedex branch is a great way to not burn those days. You can do it when you get your shipping notification as an option. Pristine condition and 192 clicks! I had the same "problem" til I realized the know was in unchartered "green zone" territory:-D!! High speed shutter is a blast! The one-two punch with the 5D Mark III will be great! I just put the 5D Mark III in it's Nauticam housing. I work at a scuba diving center and we have our underwater pumpkin carving contest this weekend. Using the 15mm end of the 8-15 fisheye. Will post a few pics in the underwater section next week!

sponsored links
Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 29, 2015 20:51 |  #167
bannedPermanent ban

M_Six wrote in post #17765098 (external link)
I'm signup up for that service, but delivery to another address or setting a delivery time are both grayed out for me. Fedex told me it was Canon that was prohibiting those options.

I have purchased at least 8 items from Canon refurbished. 6D, 70D, 70-200 f/4L IS USM, 135L and all came through Fedex, and I diverted them all. I know you can't divert a package until it actually ships.

I did run into such a 'block' from B&H one time. I called their customer service and they handled it from their end. Sweet.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2015 21:07 |  #168

uwphotoguy wrote in post #17765101 (external link)
Picked up my 7D Mark II today from Fedex. Having it delivered to a local Fedex branch is a great way to not burn those days. You can do it when you get your shipping notification as an option. Pristine condition and 192 clicks! I had the same "problem" til I realized the know was in unchartered "green zone" territory:-D!! High speed shutter is a blast! The one-two punch with the 5D Mark III will be great! I just put the 5D Mark III in it's Nauticam housing. I work at a scuba diving center and we have our underwater pumpkin carving contest this weekend. Using the 15mm end of the 8-15 fisheye. Will post a few pics in the underwater section next week!

The Fedex facility here is in Champaign, which is a 2 hour round trip. When I have a pricey UPS package coming, I have it held at UPS, which is 6 miles away.

Bassat wrote in post #17765102 (external link)
I have purchased at least 8 items from Canon refurbished. 6D, 70D, 70-200 f/4L IS USM, 135L and all came through Fedex, and I diverted them all. I know you can't divert a package until it actually ships.

I did run into such a 'block' from B&H one time. I called their customer service and they handled it from their end. Sweet.

This is my 4th Canon Store purchase and I have never been able to divert. Same deal for the annual renewal package from CPS. That was always a fight to get delivered. I can pretty much count on an afternoon delivery tomorrow, so I'll take a half day off and hope they deliver early enough for me to get outside and play with it. It'll get here eventually. I wasn't planning on buying the 7D MkII until Spring anyway, so getting it this early at this price is an unexpected surprise.

Mark J.
Gear

Bassat
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 29, 2015 21:13 |  #169
bannedPermanent ban

M_Six wrote in post #17765114 (external link)
The Fedex facility here is in Champaign, which is a 2 hour round trip. When I have a pricey UPS package coming, I have it held at UPS, which is 6 miles away.

This is my 4th Canon Store purchase and I have never been able to divert. Same deal for the annual renewal package from CPS. That was always a fight to get delivered. I can pretty much count on an afternoon delivery tomorrow, so I'll take a half day off and hope they deliver early enough for me to get outside and play with it. It'll get here eventually. I wasn't planning on buying the 7D MkII until Spring anyway, so getting it this early at this price is an unexpected surprise.

I have no idea why Canon would prevent you from diverting and allow me to do it with every shipment. That makes no sense at all.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2015 21:26 |  #170

Bassat wrote in post #17765130 (external link)
I have no idea why Canon would prevent you from diverting and allow me to do it with every shipment. That makes no sense at all.

Agreed, that's odd. Not that it matters much. I have no place to divert a package to anyway. We're not allowed to have them delivered to my office (university rules). When I worked at the previous university, I always had packages delivered there. But the rules are different at my current one.:cry:

Mark J.
Gear

drifter106
553 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006
Post edited over 5 years ago by drifter106.

Oct 29, 2015 21:28 |  #171

M_Six wrote in post #17765058 (external link)
Missed the Fedex guy today. They were supposed to retry the delivery, but didn't. Guess I need to burn a vacation day tomorrow and wait. vmad

Bet if I take the day off he won't show up until after 5. :rolleyes:

FedEx scheduled a drop off of Friday Oct 30th (tomorrow.) Checked their website this afternoon about 4:30 p.m. and it indicated that they tried to deliver today but nobody was home or business closed. Was home ALL day. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Gear
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2015 21:35 |  #172

Bassat wrote in post #17765130 (external link)

Just to show I'm not nuts, here's a screen shot of my Fedex delivery options. And yes, I'm logged into Fedex Manager. No option for alternate delivery.

IMAGE: http://bimmermail.com/fedex.jpg

Mark J.
Gear

Bassat
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 29, 2015 21:53 as a reply to  @ M_Six's post |  #173
bannedPermanent ban

That explains it. I always use 'HOLD AT FEDEX LOCATION'. There is a FEDEX office about 30 miles from my home. I drive right by it 3 or 4 times a week.

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2015 22:01 |  #174

Bassat wrote in post #17765186 (external link)
That explains it. I always use 'HOLD AT FEDEX LOCATION'. There is a FEDEX office about 30 miles from my home. I drive right by it 3 or 4 times a week.

I'd do that in a heartbeat if the office was near me. I do it with most UPS packages.

Mark J.
Gear

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
6,960 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Oct 29, 2015 22:27 |  #175

Can you guys ship it to your place of work?

Getting better at this - Fuji X-t3 x2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - Laowa 9mm - 16 1.4 - 18-55 - 16-80 - 23/35/50/90 f2 - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,555 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 29, 2015 22:35 |  #176

I can't. All US Mail, Fedex, and UPS packages get delivered to central receiving and then delivered to the various offices by university couriers. They won't allow us to use that system for personal items.-?

Mark J.
Gear

Bassat
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Oct 29, 2015 23:13 |  #177
bannedPermanent ban

FarmerTed1971 wrote in post #17765233 (external link)
Can you guys ship it to your place of work?

Not an option. And I drive right by the Fedex office a few times a week anyway.

4myrrh1
205 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined May 2010

Oct 29, 2015 23:42 |  #178

My 7D MK II came with 1191 shutter count. Not new but not very used. I guess I will have to test it more than a camera that only has a few dozen shutter clicks. Still I consider it a very good deal the price of $923.00 and it has the same warranty as a new camera.

Trying for Better Images yet again.;)
My Flicker address:
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/52009571@N08/ (external link)

vengence
Goldmember
2,103 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Oct 30, 2015 06:03 |  #179

4myrrh1 wrote in post #17765300 (external link)
My 7D MK II came with 1191 shutter count. Not new but not very used. I guess I will have to test it more than a camera that only has a few dozen shutter clicks. Still I consider it a very good deal the price of $923.00 and it has the same warranty as a new camera.

With a rated shutter life of 200,000 actuations, that's barely broken in!

masukalu
41 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Oct 30, 2015 06:49 |  #180

Re how to have packages delivered, I simply enter the address of the nearby UPS Store as the shipping address when I order the item. They do charge five dollars, but well worth it to me as it is so close, and they can sign for a package so I don't have to stay home for delivery. I just had my FedEx package delivered to the UPS Store!

sponsored links

26,289 views & 33 likes for this thread
Crazy refurb deals- act quick
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.