Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 25 Oct 2015 (Sunday) 14:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Average % overviewshots & close-ups weddingshoot ?

CanonYouCan
Goldmember
1,488 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2010
Post edited over 5 years ago by CanonYouCan. (2 edits in all)

Oct 25, 2015 14:02 |  #1

How much % of the COUPLESHOOT would be overviewshots & closeups on average ?
Is there also time to shoot the bride seperately ?

Sony A7 III | Metabones V | Canon 16-35 F4 L | Sigma 85 1.4 Art | 70-200 2.8L II
Lighting : Godox AD600B TTL + Godox V860II-S + X1T-S
Modifiers: 60cm Collapsible Silver Beautydish + grid | Godox 120cm Octagon softbox + grid + Speedlite Flash bender
Tripod: Vanguard Alta 253CT carbon

sponsored links
memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 25, 2015 18:15 |  #2

Depends entire on the couple I'm working with. Some people are comfortable with the camera up close others aren't.

Peter

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
1,376 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 31, 2015 19:31 |  #3

What's an overshoot? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
30,171 posts
Gallery: 263 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 31, 2015 19:43 |  #4

Percentage depends greatly on the time available. It would help if you would define the term as overshoot seems totally made up. Whether there is time to shoot the bride separately depends entirely on planning, ability to stick to that plan on the face of unexpected events, and the brides priorities.

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 31, 2015 20:25 |  #5

The OP said "overviewshots" not "overshoot".

Peter

ShotByTom
Goldmember
3,042 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Nov 01, 2015 06:39 |  #6

what's an "overviewshot"?

Gear
Website (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
51,009 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 01, 2015 13:18 |  #7

I guess you're talking about closeups vs wide shots showing the environment. I'd say 20% close, 80% environment, but it depends on your definition. I shoot a few tight shots, head to foot "grandma" type shots, but most others show the environment to some extent. In those sometimes people fill 30% of the frame, sometimes 5% of the frame.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 01, 2015 13:44 |  #8

For all the important shots, I like to personally shoot a tight and a wide(full body) and if I have the time a midway between the two.

Gives options for the album and for their own desired prints.

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Nov 02, 2015 09:56 |  #9

For us a great deal depends on the location, we had 1 wedding that had 80% tight shots, another wedding had 80% wide view showing the venue. Not all venues are worth shoring a lot of.

sponsored links

1,617 views & 0 likes for this thread
Average % overviewshots & close-ups weddingshoot ?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.