Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 06 Nov 2015 (Friday) 19:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Streaklight 360 Deal

SamFrench
870 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Nov 06, 2015 19:25 |  #1

http://flashhavoc.com …ashpoint-streaklight-kit/ (external link)

Perhaps the best price for this package from a major US retailer yet.....

sponsored links
EmaginePixel
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 06, 2015 20:34 |  #2

Wow! Unbelievable price.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why its called the present” - Kung Fu Panda
EmaginePixel.com website (external link) ----- SportsShooter profile (external link) ----- Facebook page (external link)

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
2,470 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 06, 2015 21:08 |  #3

Hmm. Looks like I have some thinking to do this weekend.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

Silver-Halide
819 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2015

Nov 07, 2015 03:40 |  #4

Please school me here folks. I assist weddings, have done a few on my own, and want to continue in that direction. I currently use Yongnuo 560-IVs and am satisfied but know that the more professional I get the more I need strobes for family and group portraits outdoors. its pretty sunny where I live so I should need lots of strobe to overpower the daylight. Currently ill use two YNs firing together and just try to take my time so they don't overheat and change batteries often. Would one of these strobes be a marked step up in power over my speedlights? Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though the YN and Flashpoint would be interchangeable insofar as the transmitters but YN is pretty reliable firing as an optical slave so I am hoping one strobe for a group key light is enough and thr YNs can serve as back, fill, or rim light outside.

Also, anybody remember what this package REALLY sold for before this 'discount'? Or a better qurstion, what is a normally priced competitor such as Alien Bee? Thanks!

Echoes in Eternity LLC | Tucson and Southern Arizona Wedding Photographer (external link)

PineBomb
2,470 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 07, 2015 05:23 |  #5

Silver-Halide wrote in post #17775088 (external link)
Would one of these strobes be a marked step up in power over my speedlights? Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though the YN and Flashpoint would be interchangeable insofar as the transmitters but YN is pretty reliable firing as an optical slave so I am hoping one strobe for a group key light is enough and thr YNs can serve as back, fill, or rim light outside.

Also, anybody remember what this package REALLY sold for before this 'discount'? Or a better qurstion, what is a normally priced competitor such as Alien Bee? Thanks!

FYI, you'll get more feedback from some very knowledgeable people if you post these questions in the general Flash forum.

It takes several speedlites to match the output of one monolight. I don't know what the original price with the extras cost, but if that's the kind of power you need, then going with speedlites will ultimately be more costly.

One flashpoint/godox might be enough, but with larger groups you'd be better served with 2 at opposite ends of the group.

What are you using to trigger your YNs now? You might want to avoid slave firing at events with other official (and unofficial) shooters.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

pigpile34
151 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 07, 2015 09:29 |  #6

Trying to order this. Getting an error.

PineBomb
2,470 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Nov 07, 2015 10:01 as a reply to  @ pigpile34's post |  #7

At what point in the order process do you get the error? I did a mock run through it, and I got the discount rate with the coupon code.

-Matt

pigpile34
151 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 07, 2015 12:13 as a reply to  @ PineBomb's post |  #8

Upon clicking the order button. It lets me enter code and gave the discount, but then a few seconds pass after submitting order and an error comes back "An error has occurred". I've tried ordering via Paypal and a VISA, same issue. Weird.

flowrider
Goldmember
3,585 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 07, 2015 12:42 as a reply to  @ pigpile34's post |  #9

Are you in Canada because I had the same issue with a sale on Rovelights and being in Canada.

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

pat.kane
689 posts
Joined May 2005

Nov 07, 2015 12:53 |  #10

Adorama's checkout is currently broken as reported on slickdeals in a thread for Eneloop rechargeable batteries
http://slickdeals.net …e-free-s-h?src=SiteSearch (external link)

1Dx Mk II, 5D4 and some L glass (gear list / feedback)
http://MaxPreps.DMVpix​.com (external link)
http://www.DMVpix.com (external link)

Silver-Halide
819 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2015

Nov 07, 2015 19:16 |  #11

PineBomb wrote in post #17775132 (external link)
FYI, you'll get more feedback from some very knowledgeable people if you post these questions in the general Flash forum.

It takes several speedlites to match the output of one monolight. I don't know what the original price with the extras cost, but if that's the kind of power you need, then going with speedlites will ultimately be more costly.

One flashpoint/godox might be enough, but with larger groups you'd be better served with 2 at opposite ends of the group.

What are you using to trigger your YNs now? You might want to avoid slave firing at events with other official (and unofficial) shooters.

Thanks Matt.

I'm using the YN 560 tx.

I still need to work on having two flash at both sides. I often get the butterfly effect under the noses so need to practice placement and power of the flash I think.

Echoes in Eternity LLC | Tucson and Southern Arizona Wedding Photographer (external link)

pigpile34
151 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 07, 2015 20:22 |  #12

pat.kane wrote in post #17775415 (external link)
Adorama's checkout is currently broken as reported on slickdeals in a thread for Eneloop rechargeable batteries
http://slickdeals.net …e-free-s-h?src=SiteSearch (external link)

Thanks for this info.

pat.kane
689 posts
Joined May 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by pat.kane. (2 edits in all)

Nov 07, 2015 20:58 |  #13

Slickdeals poster reports the cart is working again.

I'm glad the cart wasn't working as it saved me a lot of money! :)

I have a couple of Einstein strobes, a few Quantam flashes and speedlites. Though the price on this deal is quite tempting, I'm going to hold off until I really need to replace what I have. Technology keeps progressing, so it will be interesting to see what comes to market over the next year, e.g., https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1445057

1Dx Mk II, 5D4 and some L glass (gear list / feedback)
http://MaxPreps.DMVpix​.com (external link)
http://www.DMVpix.com (external link)

NoLight
569 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 08, 2015 12:32 |  #14

Awesome Deal!! Thanx so much ordered!!!

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,941 posts
Gallery: 161 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Nov 08, 2015 17:52 |  #15

Well wow, I've been looking at these 9ad the other brands) for some time. Will be doing some portraits soon, and this will beat my speedlites completely.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

sponsored links

26,687 views & 49 likes for this thread
Adorama Streaklight 360 Deal
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.