Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 11 Nov 2015 (Wednesday) 04:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Share your Best Deer Stalking Shot

WhidbeyHiker
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 55 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2013

Oct 16, 2016 18:18 |  #76

Deer stalking an apple.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Six6Sicks
471 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 16, 2016 18:39 |  #77

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear: Yes.
Insert stupid photography quote here to make me more of a photographer.

KT29
Goldmember
3,100 posts
Gallery: 153 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 16, 2016 20:58 |  #78

WhidbeyHiker wrote in post #18158679 (external link)
Deer stalking an apple.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by WhidbeyHiker in
./showthread.php?p=181​58679&i=i249901046
forum: Wildlife

Good one. They do love apples.:-)

Terry

KT29
Goldmember
3,100 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 16, 2016 21:00 |  #79

Six6Sicks wrote in post #18158695 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Six6Sicks in
./showthread.php?p=181​58695&i=i39477869

Nice looking buck.:-)

Terry

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,871 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 16, 2016 23:03 |  #80

Six6Sicks wrote in post #18158695 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Six6Sicks in
./showthread.php?p=181​58695&i=i39477869

KT29 wrote in post #18158777 (external link)
Nice looking buck.:-)

Nice looking photo :-)

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,871 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 17, 2016 01:10 |  #81

HOSTED PHOTO

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

FreeSoul1987
497 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 17, 2016 10:09 |  #82

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18158886 (external link)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Tom Reichner in
./showthread.php?p=181​58886&i=i1088448

Did he know you were there?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
www.FreeSoulPhotograph​y.smugmug.com (external link)
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,871 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Tom Reichner. (2 edits in all)

Oct 17, 2016 10:54 |  #83

FreeSoul1987 wrote in post #18159170 (external link)
Did he know you were there?

Thanks for asking - I love to share the stories behind the photos!

Yes, he knew I was there. In fact, I had been fortunate enough to photograph him for about a half hour, but eventually he grew tired of me and, well, just had enough. So he left; just walked off thru the woods. And he lt me know in his own subtle way that I was not welcome to follow him anymore.

This image (below) was taken shortly after I first found him; he was surprising tolerant of me. And that was a good thing, because I had been trying to photograph him for two weeks, with no luck. Good thing he came around when he did - it was the last day of my trip!

HOSTED PHOTO

KT29
Goldmember
3,100 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 17, 2016 11:43 |  #84

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18159204 (external link)

Very nice Tom. Was this photo taken during the rut?:-)

Yes. In fact, I had been fortunate enough to photograph him for about a half hour, but eventually he grew tired of me and, well, just had enough. So he left; just walked off thru the woods. And he lt me know in his own subtle way that I was not welcome to follow him anymore.

This was taken shortly after I first found him; he was surprising tolerant of me.
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=181​59204&i=i117745614

Terry

FreeSoul1987
497 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 17, 2016 12:25 |  #85

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18159204 (external link)

Thanks for asking - I love to share the stories behind the photos!

Yes, he knew I was there. In fact, I had been fortunate enough to photograph him for about a half hour, but eventually he grew tired of me and, well, just had enough. So he left; just walked off thru the woods. And he lt me know in his own subtle way that I was not welcome to follow him anymore.

This image (below) was taken shortly after I first found him; he was surprising tolerant of me. And that was a good thing, because I had been trying to photograph him for two weeks, with no luck. Good thing he came around when he did - it was the last day of my trip!
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=181​59204&i=i117745614

He sure is beautiful, I'm hoping to get some lucky shots this Winter of a Buck I like to call Big Boy (I posted some images on this thread of him, he's big).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*
Gear: Canon T2i, 430EX II flash, Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD II, Canon 18-55mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,871 posts
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Tom Reichner.

Oct 17, 2016 15:00 as a reply to  @ KT29's post |  #86

KT29 wrote in post #18159170 (external link)
Was this photo taken during the rut?

Hey, Terry

Yup - during the peak of the rut, which is in mid-December where this was taken in the Tennessee part of the Smoky Mountains.

FreeSoul1987 wrote in post #18159264 (external link)
He sure is beautiful, I'm hoping to get some lucky shots this Winter of a Buck I like to call Big Boy (I posted some images on this thread of him, he's big).

I've seen your shots of Big Boy . . . he's awesome! I really hope you are able to get some good rut images of him - I'm sure he will be quite a beast when is musculature is all swollen up from testosterone!

FreeSoul1987
497 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 17, 2016 15:28 |  #87

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18159414 (external link)
Hey, Terry

Yup - during the peak of the rut, which is in mid-December where this was taken in the Tennessee part of the Smoky Mountains.

I've seen your shots of Big Boy . . . he's awesome! I really hope you are able to get some good rut images of him - I'm sure he will be quite a beast when is musculature is all swollen up from testosterone!

I hope so, I think he stays in this particular area since there is no hunting allowed. It's a little refuge around and behind the Angel Mounds Historic Site in Evansville, IN and many deer use it to avoid hunting. I've seen him and a few younger bucks that look like they could possibly be his offspring. I think I've posted pics of them on here too.

KT29
Goldmember
3,100 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 17, 2016 15:59 |  #88

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18159414 (external link)
Hey, Terry

Thanks for the update Tom. That is a great time to find these nice bucks. Hope to see more nice pics like these after this years rut. Good luck to you getting more and sharing them.:-)

Terry

Big ­ Ugly
329 posts
Gallery: 234 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Nov 2011

Oct 17, 2016 18:13 |  #89

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from Big Ugly's gallery.

A fawn in my yard. Mom was close by. I suspect the injury is the result of a coyote attack. I never saw the fawn again, I don't know if it lived

HOSTED PHOTO

Jack

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 3 years ago by Pondrader.

Oct 17, 2016 18:36 as a reply to  @ Big Ugly's post |  #90

thats a bit nasty.. I prefer they take um down for good

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

193,141 views & 3,143 likes for this thread
Share your Best Deer Stalking Shot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.