Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 23 Nov 2015 (Monday) 13:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 491 - Attractions

joayne
Cream of the Crop
12,458 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 23, 2015 13:51 |  #1

Every week we select a new theme, and then go out and shoot that theme. This weeks the theme is Attractions. As always be as imaginative/creative as you like when interpreting the theme, creativity is what we're looking for.

Show us some Attractions

Here are the rules:
1. Shots need to be taken between Monday Sunset and the following Monday by Sunset (Whenever that is for you ). Because this activity is supposed to encourage us to get out and shoot, please don't post old shots from your archives. Snapshots and art are equally welcome -- just get out & shoot, and then share!
2. Post your shots at any time during the week.
3. Post a maximum of two shots if you're uploading them to POTN (i.e., attaching them). You can post more than two if you're linking to shots that are not hosted by POTN (i.e. embedding them), but keep within POTN rules. Also keep within POTN rules about size. A copy of the size rules can be found here: IMAGE POSTING RULES
That's it! Have fun! As always be as imaginative/creative as you like when interpreting the theme, creativity is what we're looking for.
An index to previous weeks can be found here: POTN WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK INDEX

That's it!
Have fun!

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List| Worldwide Photo Week

sponsored links
BLS
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 25, 2015 10:13 |  #2

Yesterday I visited one of our public parks. It offers a attractions aimed at recreation for all ages.

This shot features attractions that appeal to toddlers and small children:

IMAGE: http://imageshack.com/a/img911/1750/tc4myw.jpg

This shot shows the skateboard park that appeals to older kids.

IMAGE: http://imageshack.com/a/img907/624/WhKSrh.jpg

Barbara

theague
Mr. Monkey Pants!
10,530 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 25, 2015 11:50 |  #3

BLS wrote in post #17796348 (external link)
Yesterday I visited one of our public parks. It offers a attractions aimed at recreation for all ages.

This shot features attractions that appeal to toddlers and small children:

QUOTED IMAGE

This shot shows the skateboard park that appeals to older kids.

QUOTED IMAGE

Where are the attractions that appeal to adults? :)

- Kody

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Nov 25, 2015 12:04 |  #4

Good Grief Kody!
Where did you come from!!?
Good to see you hanging around..

joayne Contribute to POTN | Where's Nifty?! #2 |Nifty Sign Up List| Worldwide Photo Week

theague
Mr. Monkey Pants!
10,530 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 25, 2015 12:57 as a reply to  @ joayne's post |  #5

A friend posted some shots on Instagram the other day, which got my photography bug going. So I'm browsing POTN looking for inspiration.

My wife and I are headed up to do a little hiking to some falls tomorrow so maybe I will have some "Attractions" to share this week ;)

- Kody

John_B
Cream of the Crop
7,031 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Nov 26, 2015 15:39 |  #6

Here is a photo I grabbed during dinner showing the results of a bunch of attractions ;-)a

Cruise Set

IMAGE: http://johnbdigital.com/landscape/cruise-set.jpg

Click for Specs (external link)

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Sony A6500, A6000, Lenses, DMC-ZS40 & Apeman A80 <-- click to see (external link)
JohnBdigital.com (external link)

theague
Mr. Monkey Pants!
10,530 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 26, 2015 17:35 |  #7

Snoqualmie Falls taken this morning. My wife and I got out together to do a little falls hunting. This is probably the easiest water fall you could ever want to get to. Park, walk on pavement, see the falls. ;) It's the biggest natural attraction in Washington.

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/746/22965906509_6c408dc3bd_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/AZqg​Tk  (external link) Snoqualmie Falls (external link) by Kody Ague (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/609/23038044620_242743abe2_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/B6N1​2S  (external link) Snoqualmie Falls (external link) by Kody Ague (external link), on Flickr

- Kody

OhLook
Spiderwoman
16,682 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited 11 months ago by OhLook.

Nov 26, 2015 19:07 |  #8

I'll have to think up loose interpretations of the theme this week, whatever can be done close to home. This is one of our attractions for the day. One pose, three views; I had a hard time choosing, and it's all practice.

EDIT: Reduced to two views, "courtesy" of Photobucket's new business model.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

BLS
Goldmember
1,835 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Nov 26, 2015 19:33 |  #9

Kody -- Nice shot of the falls. Glad to see you shooting again.

John -- You get some really gorgeous sunsets there. Nice shot.

OhLook -- Your bread looks delicious. I prefer your third shot.

Barbara

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,397 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Nov 26, 2015 23:28 |  #10

John_B wrote in post #17797678 (external link)
Here is a photo I grabbed during dinner showing the results of a bunch of attractions ;-)a

Cruise Set

QUOTED IMAGE

very nice!

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,397 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Nov 26, 2015 23:29 |  #11

theague wrote in post #17797766 (external link)
Snoqualmie Falls taken this morning. My wife and I got out together to do a little falls hunting. This is probably the easiest water fall you could ever want to get to. Park, walk on pavement, see the falls. ;) It's the biggest natural attraction in Washington.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/B6N1​2S  (external link) Snoqualmie Falls (external link) by Kody Ague (external link), on Flickr

lovely...

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,397 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Nov 26, 2015 23:30 |  #12

OhLook wrote in post #17797827 (external link)
I'll have to think up loose interpretations of the theme this week, whatever can be done close to home. This is one of our attractions for the day. One pose, three views; I had a hard time choosing, and it's all practice.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2615_zpsnucpnxp​q.jpg.html  (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by OhLook in
./showthread.php?p=177​97827&i=i72093001
forum: Member Activities

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=177​97827&i=i267578173

looks yum!

PeteD
Goldmember
2,951 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 27, 2015 10:46 |  #13

You guys are rocking this week.

Today was Record Store Black Friday here in the states. So like regular Record Store Day, they had limited pressings of Albums just for the day. Made it out and picked up a few.

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/691/23323974146_607a82c448_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Bx4s​Vh  (external link) Record Store Black Friday Sale (external link) by Pete Davidson (external link), on Flickr

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it!!
52weeks completed (external link)
My 365 thread on the Camel (external link)
P & A Photos Flickr (external link)
P & A Photos Photobucket (external link)

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 2 years ago by joayne.

Nov 27, 2015 11:42 |  #14

John_B wrote in post #17797678 (external link)

Cruise Set

QUOTED IMAGE

John, that is an awesome shot!

theague wrote in post #17797766 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/AZqg​Tk  (external link) Snoqualmie Falls (external link) by Kody Ague (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE

Kody, I remember eating at the lodge there when I was a small child. There were deer wandering around on the lawn. I've also got shots from there from a couple of years ago, but it was summer and the falls weren't quite as impressive, tho, I have seen the entire fall flowing with water. Lovely shot!

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2615_zpsnucpnxp​q.jpg.html  (external link)
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=177​97827&i=i72093001

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=177​97827&i=i267578173

OhLook, that looks yummy. I'm quite attracted!

theague
Mr. Monkey Pants!
10,530 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 27, 2015 16:10 |  #15

QUOTED IMAGE

Really like that shird thought... wow, my brain is bass ackwards today. ;) THIRD SHOT. lol

BLS wrote in post #17797849 (external link)
Kody -- Nice shot of the falls. Glad to see you shooting again.

Thanks Barbara, it was really nice to be out. I might even go chase the sunset tonight if I can.

joeseph wrote in post #17797996 (external link)
lovely...

joayne wrote in post #17798357 (external link)
Kody, I remember eating at the lodge there when I was a small child. There were deer wandering around on the lawn. I've also got shots from there from a couple of years ago, but it was summer and the falls weren't quite as impressive, tho, I have seen the entire fall flowing with water. Lovely shot!

I've never actually eaten there oddly enough. I seem to believe it's rather expensive but I can't confirm or deny that ;) The last time I was up there (last year) at Snoqualmie the falls were raging! Unfortunately I forgot my battery at home and only had one at the time. So no pics for me on that trip. :( I've seen the falls at many different stages and it's beautiful no matter what.

- Kody

sponsored links

7,316 views & 24 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 491 - Attractions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.