Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 26 Dec 2015 (Saturday) 16:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Website feeedback needed

LevelPebble
62 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 26, 2015 16:14 |  #1

I shoot for one local racetrack every week as the track photographer and also at a couple others occasionally. I supply pictures to the track and local media as requested and also can sell prints and digital copies to the racers and fans.

I have two objectives with my website.

1) Promote the racetrack with a weekly feature article for each division. The feature articles have a photo gallery at the end of the article with watermarked thumbnail images from that week. The previous weeks pictures are moved to a separate a tab for each track identified by date and division.

2) Provide a method for the racers to see the images for either viewing and/or orders. I don't take orders direct from the site, but my contact info is available to order. I print myself at home and either hand deliver at the track or mail. Sold double than I did last year, so having the site has helped improve my visibility

I have received complements from several racers and fans, but looking for your feedback. Took me a while to create, but I really like this theme and structure.

www.levelpebblepics.co​m (external link)

Motorsports Photographer for ARCA at Flat Rock/Toledo Speedway

NeherPhoto
886 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 28, 2015 05:40 |  #2

seems like this should be in the discussion section

Neherphoto.com
2 Canon 7D, 100-400 USM IS L, 28-135 USM IS, Nifty Fifty, Kit 18-55, and a little luck! :lol:

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
13,402 posts
Gallery: 1733 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 28, 2015 05:45 |  #3

Heya,

Works for me. I was able to easily navigate and find things without having to really hunt around and search, so very user-friendly. Also, the loading speed was very peppy which is a big deal when loading a lot of photos like that (I often will leave a website if it just takes too long to load images; I find a lot of word press blogs have abysmally slow performance and will not bother). Yours is pushing images fast, which is great.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

agrandexpression
446 posts
Joined Apr 2015

Dec 28, 2015 14:23 |  #4

LevelPebble wrote in post #17833208 (external link)
2) Provide a method for the racers to see the images for either viewing and/or orders. I don't take orders direct from the site, but my contact info is available to order.

You provide an email address (which you may want to hyperlink...so they can click it and it go straight to their email compose), but have you considered a form to fill out to simplify the process at all?

I use jotform.com for my "contact me" information. I'd think it could be modified to provide a simplified selection process for your clients.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

929 views & 2 likes for this thread
Website feeedback needed
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.