Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
Thread started 28 Dec 2015 (Monday) 19:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Our Granddaughter 3 years old at Easter

grayline
247 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 28, 2015 19:31 |  #1

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i966.photobucke​t.com …0403235506_IMG_​2821_1.jpg (external link)

Natural light C&C appreciated

Gear List :EOS 70D ,Sigma 50mm 1.4,Tamron 18-270, Canon 18-55,Canon HFM31,Canon SX280HS,Olympus E-10 ,

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,901 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Dec 28, 2015 19:36 |  #2

looks soft and need a better color balance correction. want me to post an edit?

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

grayline
THREAD ­ STARTER
247 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Dec 28, 2015 20:18 as a reply to  @ Left Handed Brisket's post |  #3

Yes please feel free I'm just learning.

Gear List :EOS 70D ,Sigma 50mm 1.4,Tamron 18-270, Canon 18-55,Canon HFM31,Canon SX280HS,Olympus E-10 ,

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,901 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited over 4 years ago by Left Handed Brisket. (2 edits in all)

Dec 28, 2015 21:02 |  #4

white point is the most critical thing to understand in post processing. The camera tries to do it with AWB (auto white balance) but often misses.

the curves dialog provides an option to change the white point. Notice the selected "eye dropper". It is the white point eye dropper. I opened the curves dialog and double clicked the white point eye dropper, once the color picker opened up (not shown) i clicked on a point in the white of her right eye, making a mental note of where it was (it was below the whitest part created by the window). Once this is done, you will notice how blue that selection is. I use the HSB sliders for this type of correction and after making that selection cut the "S" (saturation) back. It comes with experience but for this the saturation was 19 for the original and I cut it back to 8. Doing this selects the color you want to be white. Click Okay and then back in the curves dialog you click the same spot you selected before. Magically :D the colors shift to the new color you selected.

In this case you are removing a lot of blue from the white point, actually, adding RG and leaving B behind. Look at the screen grab and you will see that the upper right of the graph has color shifts on the RGB channels that indicate the white point color shift.

I then made a manual correction to the black line that represents the over all lightness of the image. I moved the shadow areas to try to bring out the brown eyes. Didn't have much luck, working with JPG files doesn't give much latitude but it still gives a bit more shadow detail.

then i hit it with a "smart sharpen" in photoshop. something like 100-2-2

first pic is the editing screen with your pic in the background, second is the final result after sharpening.

cute grand daughter, keep taking pics and learning, her parents will appreciate every bit of it!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

913 views & 1 like for this thread
Our Granddaughter 3 years old at Easter
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Kids & Family 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.