Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 28 Feb 2016 (Sunday) 12:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Daytona Historics - Access and Insurance

Arte ­ Automobilistica
308 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Feb 28, 2016 12:17 |  #1

Hi

I am an accredited Motorsport photographer in the UK and am following the Masters series to Daytona in November. Can anyone advise as to where I can get competitive public liability insurance in the USA?

Are there any "problems" I should be aware of when applying for accreditation?

Thanks

NelPhotos.co.uk (external link)
Work: 7D + Sigma 100-300 4
Play: Kiss X4 + 15-85 IS + 10-22 + 50 1.8 II + Vivitar 1 70-210 3.5
EOS-M + 18-55 + FD 50 1.4 + FD 135 2.8 + Tamron 35-80 1A
G9, SX280 HS + CHDK, Casio EX-FH 100, Toshiba L505-144 & iPad 2

sponsored links
jeast
344 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 24, 2016 16:54 |  #2

Daytona is pretty strict on making sure you are with a media outlet, however the historic are just a track rental so the Speedway might not even handle credentials, I don't know.

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/123190636@N06/external link
https://www.facebook.c​om ...otography/317013525​068175external link

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
4,975 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

May 02, 2016 04:15 |  #3

Do you have a work visa for the US?

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Arte ­ Automobilistica
THREAD ­ STARTER
308 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 08, 2016 14:16 |  #4

Dan Marchant wrote in post #17992687 (external link)
Do you have a work visa for the US?

Now that's a good pointߘ I didn't even think of it! Mmmmmmmmm Green Card.

I'll speak to one of my fellow photographers/rivals as he whose been to see how he got acreditation/work visa.

Thanks guys

NelPhotos.co.uk (external link)
Work: 7D + Sigma 100-300 4
Play: Kiss X4 + 15-85 IS + 10-22 + 50 1.8 II + Vivitar 1 70-210 3.5
EOS-M + 18-55 + FD 50 1.4 + FD 135 2.8 + Tamron 35-80 1A
G9, SX280 HS + CHDK, Casio EX-FH 100, Toshiba L505-144 & iPad 2

lusospeed
178 posts
Joined Dec 2012

May 23, 2016 03:37 |  #5

Arte Automobilistica wrote in post #18000036 (external link)
Now that's a good pointߘ I didn't even think of it! Mmmmmmmmm Green Card.

I'll speak to one of my fellow photographers/rivals as he whose been to see how he got acreditation/work visa.

Thanks guys

You can come to the US as a tourist on holiday or any other flavor that suits you and go to Daytona to shoot. The track will not ask you for green cards, work permits, insurance certificates, or anything beyond who is credentialing you. Big brother really isn't checking up on stuff like that. I have friends from the UK that have come over to shoot races without requiring anything beyond legal entry into this country.

Depending who is putting the event together, you may need to go through them but I think you will ultimately need to get a legitimate media outlet to request a credential for you via the track. As long as you have a real media outlet making the request, you shouldn't run into any issues.

http://www.lusospeed.c​om (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
4,975 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Post edited over 2 years ago by Dan Marchant.

May 23, 2016 23:19 |  #6

lusospeed wrote in post #18015945 (external link)
....I have friends from the UK that have come over to shoot races without requiring anything beyond legal entry into this country.

Of course the venue doesn't care because it is nothing to do with them. However it isn't "legal entry" when your reason for being there is work rather than tourism and you lie to the immigration dept. (Which is a federal offence).

I'm not saying the OP wont get away with it. I am sure lots of photographers fly to foreign countries on tourist visas to shoot weddings or modelling shoots and don't get caught. However some do get caught and get refused entry.... which can be rather expensive because you have paid for everything and then don't even get to enter the country (plus the airline that has to fly you home is going to expect you to pay for that extra ticket).

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

sponsored links

2,285 views & 0 likes for this thread
Daytona Historics - Access and Insurance
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.