Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 17:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox X1 system integration thread

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 21, 2016 20:20 |  #31

nixland wrote in post #17943707 (external link)
I dont care and not interested at all in Profoto.
I just need feature like their transmitter on X1 :).

Maybe X1 can add feature where if we press Gr button and hold it for few seconds it will trigger only the selected group. Or its already used for other feature?

Godox is working on some updates to incorporate modeling lights and audio. What would be nice is if Godox would change the way that the "CH" button worked. You should have quick access to the Custom functions with a single press and then pressing & holding would select the channel to change. This would allow putting some more items in the custom functions and having quick access to them. You could turn modeling light "ON"/"OFF" in there (CFn 06 :00 "OFF", :01 LOW, :02 MED, :03HI ). You could turn the Beep "ON"/"OFF" in there CFn 07 :00 "OFF" & :01 "ON"). As you suggested you could change the way the "GR" button worked when pressing & holding to where it could either be used as Global power changes as it does now or as a remote trigger to fire the Group selected in the middle next to it and the white dot (CFn08 :00 "Global" & :01 "Meter"). You could change the Group Mode for new and older DSLRs CFn09 :00 5 Group <Gr> mode & :01 3 Group <Gr> mode (for older DSLRs). CFn10 :00 etc...

Rand

Gear

sponsored links
scottcove
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 22, 2016 05:32 |  #32

agv8or wrote in post #17943743 (external link)
Godox is working on some updates to incorporate modeling lights and audio. What would be nice is if Godox would change the way that the "CH" button worked. You should have quick access to the Custom functions with a single press and then pressing & holding would select the channel to change. This would allow putting some more items in the custom functions and having quick access to them. You could turn modeling light "ON"/"OFF" in there (CFn 06 :00 "OFF", :01 LOW, :02 MED, :03HI ). You could turn the Beep "ON"/"OFF" in there CFn 07 :00 "OFF" & :01 "ON"). As you suggested you could change the way the "GR" button worked when pressing & holding to where it could either be used as Global power changes as it does now or as a remote trigger to fire the Group selected in the middle next to it and the white dot (CFn08 :00 "Global" & :01 "Meter"). You could change the Group Mode for new and older DSLRs CFn09 :00 5 Group <Gr> mode & :01 3 Group <Gr> mode (for older DSLRs). CFn10 :00 etc...

Hey guys, first post here. :)

What brought me here was a Google search, as I just (today) received my X1N and XTR16 combo, hoping to use them for my GT-400 strobes, but to no avail. I've updated the firmware on the transmitter which means it actually triggers the strobe consistently, rather than giving me one flash and turning the power off. But what I didn't realise before I bought it, is that unlike the FT-16, there seems to be no way to change from the standard system, to Godox's slightly odd stepping system used in their strobes. On the FT-16, this was achieved by holding the set button for 2 seconds, while I've searched, and searched on the X1 and found nothing. Am I missing something, or is this a known "feature"? It seems strange that Godox would not make their system backwards compatible with their strobes, though the release of their new QT-600II shows that they're planning on standardising soon.

To that end, if any Godox-linked people are listening (though I realise they probably aren't), it would be lovely if we could set one or more (heck, I'd settle for all) of the groups to support the stepping mode (5.0-10) found on my GT Series strobes (please)! Otherwise, I agree totally with what you're saying here Rand! These are all features that would make what promises to be a great system system sooo much more user-friendly for us studio photographers...

For now, it's back to the FT-16 so I can have some control, until either I can (fully) control my strobes like I can with the FT trigger, or until I can afford to upgrade to a QT-600II/AD600B combo.

Scott.
flickr (external link)

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Joined Oct 2006
Post edited over 3 years ago by agv8or.

Mar 22, 2016 10:14 |  #33

agv8or wrote in post #17943743 (external link)

scottcove wrote in post #17944109 (external link)
Hey guys, first post here. :)

What brought me here was a Google search, as I just (today) received my X1N and XTR16 combo, hoping to use them for my GT-400 strobes, but to no avail. I've updated the firmware on the transmitter which means it actually triggers the strobe consistently, rather than giving me one flash and turning the power off. But what I didn't realise before I bought it, is that unlike the FT-16, there seems to be no way to change from the standard system, to Godox's slightly odd stepping system used in their strobes. On the FT-16, this was achieved by holding the set button for 2 seconds, while I've searched, and searched on the X1 and found nothing. Am I missing something, or is this a known "feature"? It seems strange that Godox would not make their system backwards compatible with their strobes, though the release of their new QT-600II shows that they're planning on standardising soon.

To that end, if any Godox-linked people are listening (though I realise they probably aren't), it would be lovely if we could set one or more (heck, I'd settle for all) of the groups to support the stepping mode (5.0-10) found on my GT Series strobes (please)! Otherwise, I agree totally with what you're saying here Rand! These are all features that would make what promises to be a great system system sooo much more user-friendly for us studio photographers...

For now, it's back to the FT-16 so I can have some control, until either I can (fully) control my strobes like I can with the FT trigger, or until I can afford to upgrade to a QT-600II/AD600B combo.

Let's see if they are listening! ;-)a

CFn10 :00 1/3 stop & :01 .1 stop.

Problem solved. Next?

CFn11 ?

Rand

Gear

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by abbadon31. (3 edits in all)

Mar 22, 2016 10:43 |  #34

So far the Sony TTL version is working on the TT685xS and after the feedback is all in the next item for Sony will be the v860xs then the X-1s and the 360xs. So hopefully the Sony X-system will be in full production with in a few months.
Did have some banding at 1/4000 hope they will fix the timing issue.

I AM SHOM

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 22, 2016 16:43 |  #35

New v2 X-1 Trigger and receiver full I-TTL pass thru on the X-1 and Full I-TTL 2.4 throw receiver confirmed today. Seem the D700 /D750 models have a problem activation of the AF beam. The D800 had no problems activation of the AF beam on the X-1

I AM SHOM

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 22, 2016 17:50 |  #36

abbadon31 wrote in post #17944771 (external link)
New v2 X-1 Trigger and receiver full I-TTL pass thru on the X-1 and Full I-TTL 2.4 throw receiver confirmed today. Seem the D700 /D750 models have a problem activation of the AF beam. The D800 had no problems activation of the AF beam on the X-1

Shom,
Please be clear whether this is physical connection pass thru or is the shoe on top of the X-1 controlling an attached speedlite as though it is a Gr A (or whatever) slave.

Generally, I think we should reserve "pass thru" to mean a physical connection that makes the speedlite on top of the trigger the controlling device talking directly to the camera for TTL communications.

If the X-1 trigger is the controlling device communicating with the camera to control TTL then its top hotshoe, if used, has to have its functionality clearly defined and explained.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by abbadon31.

Mar 22, 2016 18:29 |  #37

dmward wrote in post #17944855 (external link)
Shom,
Please be clear whether this is physical connection pass thru or is the shoe on top of the X-1 controlling an attached speedlite as though it is a Gr A (or whatever) slave.

Generally, I think we should reserve "pass thru" to mean a physical connection that makes the speedlite on top of the trigger the controlling device talking directly to the camera for TTL communications.

If the X-1 trigger is the controlling device communicating with the camera to control TTL then its top hotshoe, if used, has to have its functionality clearly defined and explained.

Full pass thru meaning the flash is communicating to the camera while seated on the x-1 like it would if the x-1 was not in between.

I AM SHOM

scottcove
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 22, 2016 19:02 |  #38

abbadon31 wrote in post #17944771 (external link)

Sounds interesting. Though I rarely, if ever use the AF assist on my D750. With the central focal point focussing down to -3EV, it's normally not needed. Besides, if it can't focus without it, I'd normally manually focus, anyway.

Scott.
flickr (external link)

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
297 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Mar 22, 2016 19:11 |  #39

Hi all.

Just used my X1 stuff on a low-stress job today and found a bug:

The AD360's ready "beep" is effectively disabled when the flash is used with an XTR-16 receiver triggered by a X1T-C.

One can set the beep to On on the back of the flash, but as soon as the X1T-C sends any signal to the flash, the beeper is turned off.

Does anyone know if this info has been previously documented and / or communicated to the Godox firmware folks?

Thanks,

Owen.
(X1T-C v.11)

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 22, 2016 19:15 |  #40

owenegan wrote in post #17944968 (external link)
Hi all.

Just used my X1 stuff on a low-stress job today and found a bug:

The AD360's ready "beep" is effectively disabled when the flash is used with an XTR-16 receiver triggered by a X1T-C.

One can set the beep to On on the back of the flash, but as soon as the X1T-C sends any signal to the flash, the beeper is turned off.

Does anyone know if this info has been previously documented and / or communicated to the Godox firmware folks?

Thanks,

Owen.
(X1T-C v.11)

The AD360's beep? I am about deaf so not an issue for me but, my understanding is that Godox is aware of this and they have their best and brightest working on it.

Rand

Gear

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
297 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Mar 22, 2016 19:54 as a reply to  @ agv8or's post |  #41

Ready-beeps are not generally a huge issue for me either, but today it kinda would have been helpful.

I was shooting a person who was moderately self-conscious in front of the camera, and who had one "go-to" facial expression that quite frankly I wished she would not go to. So, I was doing the click - chat - click-click - chat thing. Trouble was I was using HSS at 1/2 power ergo non-instantaneous recycle. I could have incorporated that beep-info into the whole schmooze-refocus-shoot timing equation. But it all worked out ok, and I got my first-ever look at the thermometer icon on the Godox...

Good to know the engineers know about it.

Thanks,

Owen.

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 22, 2016 21:13 |  #42

owenegan wrote in post #17945012 (external link)
Ready-beeps are not generally a huge issue for me either, but today it kinda would have been helpful.

I was shooting a person who was moderately self-conscious in front of the camera, and who had one "go-to" facial expression that quite frankly I wished she would not go to. So, I was doing the click - chat - click-click - chat thing. Trouble was I was using HSS at 1/2 power ergo non-instantaneous recycle. I could have incorporated that beep-info into the whole schmooze-refocus-shoot timing equation. But it all worked out ok, and I got my first-ever look at the thermometer icon on the Godox...

Good to know the engineers know about it.

Thanks,

Owen.

I am not sure if the engineers know about but the "best and brightest" do. :-)

Rand

Gear

dmward
Cream of the Crop
9,081 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Mar 22, 2016 21:40 |  #43

abbadon31 wrote in post #17944905 (external link)
Full pass thru meaning the flash is communicating to the camera while seated on the x-1 like it would if the x-1 was not in between.

OK,
Good to know.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

feeda
94 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 22, 2016 21:53 as a reply to  @ dmward's post |  #44

abbadon31 wrote in post #17944905 (external link)

So to clarify (information gathered from various threads), this is the case for Nikon iTTL but not the case for Canon ETTL?

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
297 posts
Joined Dec 2015

Mar 23, 2016 00:14 as a reply to  @ feeda's post |  #45

My X1T-C units (version 1) are clearly not simply "passing through" the signals coming from the camera on to the flash attached to their hot shoe. For one thing, when powered off, the X1T-C doesn't appear to allow any signal at all through to an attached flash. Also, I have seen significant weirdness in the behaviour of a 600EX-RT mounted on an X1T-C, so the trigger is clearly doing some interpretation / creative thinking.

Owen.

sponsored links

488,943 views & 427 likes for this thread
Godox X1 system integration thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.