Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 19 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 17:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox X1 system integration thread

inkista
570 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 18, 2017 15:16 |  #1411

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18520978 (external link)
Speaking of Xpro, has anyone else run into this?...

I haven't, but I've only used my XPro for one shoot so far. :)

I then noticed it said what I thought were freshly charged eneloops were displaying with zero bars in the controller.... The batteries tested as full on my meter....

jay125 wrote in post #18521041 (external link)
Okay, do NOT quote me on this, but I remember reading something about the batteries being an issue, i.e. Li-ons like eneloops will show 1.4 vs alkaline which will show 1.5, and give you a better result.

I also noted that my full-charged eneloops never show the battery meter as full on the XPro-C, and that alkalines will, so it could be the usual lower-voltage issue with NiMh vs. alkalines. But I mostly still use Eneloops in mine, and do not have an issue with function or the backlight. In the C.Fn menu, I have the LIGHT function set to 12sec.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

sponsored links
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,453 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 18, 2017 15:18 |  #1412

OK, so the battery level is not related then, I just have a bad unit that does not like to turn on the backlight. :(

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Lotto
Goldmember
2,608 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 18, 2017 15:19 |  #1413

MKUltra* wrote in post #18520940 (external link)
Does anyone else think that Godox missed a trick with the X-Pro by not allowing multiple presses of the channel selector buttons to cycle through the modes for that channel? Seems to me it would be much easier this way than splitting this between 2 buttons. Future firmware addition, perhaps?

C

Some people complaint the X1 has too few buttons, so Godox upgrades the Xpro to have more and spread the function control. But even with the X1T, needs more than one button to switch mode.

I think you mean pressing the Group button to switch mode, and I understand the logic behind that. When I use multiple lights, I switch groups 10 times more than flash mode, so I would prefer the Group buttons not having multi select function. Also I use my right hand to control the Xpro, I would like the group buttons on the right side of the LCD, oh well, we can't have everything :)

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

inkista
570 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 8 months ago by inkista.

Dec 18, 2017 15:21 |  #1414

BTW.

For those having problems with triggering the AD600M with X1T -F / -O triggers, Godox just posted firmware updates (external link):

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

Lotto
Goldmember
2,608 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 18, 2017 15:24 |  #1415

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18521090 (external link)
OK, so the battery level is not related then, I just have a bad unit that does not like to turn on the backlight. :(

Try reset the unit first?

MKUltra*
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Feb 2017

Dec 18, 2017 16:14 |  #1416

inkista wrote in post #18521081 (external link)
I assume you mean group, not channel

Yes, my bad. I meant group, of course.

C

bigslice
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 19, 2017 07:35 |  #1417

I posted this in another thread, then realized this thread might be more in-line with my question(s).

I just bought the Godox X1T-S along with a Godox receiver (X1R-S)and their Smart 300SDi strobe for my Sony a7. After setting up everything, I am able to trigger the strobe using the Test button on the transmitter. But I cannot get the strobe to fire when taking a photo...ever. When hitting the shutter release, I do see the status lamp illuminate on the transmitter, so I think there is communication from camera to transmitter.

The setup is as follows:
- Sony a7 camera with the X1T-S mounted in the hotshoe
- Godox Smart 300SDi on stand with the X1R-S receiver attached to the sync connection
- Transmitter and Receiver set on channel 5, group B (I started with channel 1, group A)

I am able to get it to work by replacing the X1T-S transmitter with my Sony HVL-F43M speed light and set the 300SDi strobe to slave mode. That was not my ideal setup, and I'm nearly ready to return the X1T and X1R (and go with another brand), but wanted to check here first.

As noted above, I've changed the channels and groups, but to no avail. I've also turned on the "close distance wireless mode", based on other threads I've read. Unfortunately that didn't work either. I thought that that the X1T-S was compatible with the a7, based on what I've seen on Amazon and other vendors, but after all this trouble, I'm beginning to wonder if it is indeed incompatible, or user error.

Has anyone else gotten this to work with their Sony a7 and a single strobe? Are there any settings on the camera that are needed for firing the flash via transmitter? (btw - I am using the fill-flash setting on the a7, and tried all other settings with exception of Wireless, which won't work according to the Godox manual)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and suggestions.

Bryan

tbdinh22
41 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Nov 2017

Dec 19, 2017 10:38 |  #1418

Is there a setting for XPro to auto enable HSS? I find pressing SYNC whenever I need to go above 1/200 annoying.

X1 has it as auto, XPRO should too.

Canon 5D IV. 24- 70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 IS II, Sigma 135 1.8 Art, Sigma 85 1.4 Art, Tamron 15-30 2.8 VC, Tamron 90 2.8 VC
Los Angels Wedding Photography (external link)
Orange County Wedding Photography (external link)

inkista
570 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 8 months ago by inkista. (3 edits in all)

Dec 19, 2017 12:58 |  #1419

bigslice wrote in post #18521582 (external link)
I just bought the Godox X1T-S along with a Godox receiver (X1R-S)and their Smart 300SDi strobe for my Sony a7. After setting up everything, I am able to trigger the strobe using the Test button on the transmitter. But I cannot get the strobe to fire when taking a photo...ever. When hitting the shutter release, I do see the status lamp illuminate on the transmitter, so I think there is communication from camera to transmitter....

Check that you've got v04 of the firmware (external link) on the X1R-S (hold down GR button while turning on), because the changes for it included:

1.To solve the triggering problem occurred when installing a single-contact camera flash on the receiver.
2.To solve the triggering problem occurred when using a flash through the sync cord jack.

And that you're on v15 of the X1T-S (hold down MODE button while turning on). Because its fixes included:

1.To add C.Fn custom settings.The transmitter's parameters that set by Godox APP are not changed.And the transmitter is only for triggering.(set C.Fn-09 to on)
2.Modify to correctly trigger X1R-S receiver.

You can also try setting single-pin mode on the X1T-S (C.Fn-01 = on).

You could also exchange the Smart 300SDi for an SK300 II (external link). It has an X receiver built-in, and can be remote power-controlled from an X1T-S. It's actually one of the X-system lights (as are the DP II, GS II, QT II, and QS II series monolights). It also has the Bowens mount.

bigslice
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Dec 2017

Dec 19, 2017 16:39 as a reply to  @ inkista's post |  #1420

Thank you inkista!! The firmware update on the receiver did the trick. Once that was done, I just turned on C.Fn-01 (single contact mode) on the X1T-s and I was good to go. I turned on C.Fn-09 to APP, but it didn't seem to make a difference whether it was on or off - I was still able to fire the strobe.

I will also check out SK 300II - price-wise, it is comparable and I wished I had seen it when looking at options.

Thanks again for the help. :-)

inkista
570 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 7 months ago by inkista. (2 edits in all)

Dec 19, 2017 16:54 |  #1421

bigslice wrote in post #18522031 (external link)
I turned on C.Fn-09 to APP, but it didn't seem to make a difference whether it was on or off - I was still able to fire the strobe.

The APP mode is just so that the X1T doesn't change any settings and just fires the strobes. It's so that the Godox A1/Flashpoint M1 and the Godox Photo iOS app can control the power settings on the lights, but you can still take a photo with your camera instead of the iPhone camera.

I will also check out SK 300II - price-wise, it is comparable and I wished I had seen it when looking at options.

Good luck! I know nothing of the Godox studio strobes, really, but I do know that the SK 300II does not do autodump. If you go from a higher power setting to a lower one, you have to hit the TEST button to dump the extra power before taking a shot. Some folks mention their experiences with both the 300 and 400 on this dpreview thread (external link).

Lotto
Goldmember
2,608 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Dec 20, 2017 19:24 |  #1422

Bought a type C to USB cable, updated my Xpro C to frimware v1.4. Beside Zm/CH switching sequence, I did not notice any other function changes, which is a good thing.

Don't know if this has been mention before, but the X1T does not work well (or at all at times) with the 5Dc, which is a pre 2012 camera, pretty much force me use manual only with Godox lighs. The Xpro changes that. I am happy to report ETTL, HSS, and TCM all work with the Xpro C. My 5Dc is alive again :)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
48,453 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 20, 2017 20:42 |  #1423

Lotto wrote in post #18521097 (external link)
Try reset the unit first?

thanks,
It turns out I don't have an issue. The weird lack of backlight goes away when I actually put it back on the camera! (I wondered why I had missed it the first time out)

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

elv
Goldmember
1,478 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Dec 20, 2017 20:56 |  #1424

Lotto wrote in post #18521092 (external link)
Some people complaint the X1 has too few buttons, so Godox upgrades the Xpro to have more and spread the function control. But even with the X1T, needs more than one button to switch mode.

I think you mean pressing the Group button to switch mode, and I understand the logic behind that. When I use multiple lights, I switch groups 10 times more than flash mode, so I would prefer the Group buttons not having multi select function. Also I use my right hand to control the Xpro, I would like the group buttons on the right side of the LCD, oh well, we can't have everything :)

The original Flashpoint version of the Xpro is still yet to come :-)

FLASHHAVOC.COM (external link)

inkista
570 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Dec 21, 2017 17:31 |  #1425

owenegan wrote in post #18515177 (external link)
... however, no wireless I.D. love for the brand spankin' new AD200?

AD200's v2.1 firmware went up today! (external link) (Dec 21, 2017). Description says: "To add the option of wireless ID(C.Fn-F7)".

sponsored links

382,374 views & 390 likes for this thread
Godox X1 system integration thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.