Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
Thread started 20 Mar 2016 (Sunday) 22:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 1D mark iv vs 7D mark ii for college sports

ksbal
Goldmember
2,527 posts
Gallery: 304 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by ksbal. (4 edits in all)

Mar 30, 2016 09:54 |  #16

whothafunk wrote in post #17948361 (external link)
I reckon you shot RAW and had plenty of time at home to fix it?

Yes, I shoot raw, but I dont' think Teamspeed does anymore.

This was about 2 minutes play in lightroom 5.7, to try an replicate what he does and less than 5 seconds to apply to the other raw files. Now I have it saved as a preset for the first image, I shoot often at that venue.

The second is my standard processing, in LR.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from ksbal's gallery.

HOSTED PHOTO
Photo from ksbal's gallery.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

sponsored links
TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,986 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Mar 30, 2016 10:25 |  #17

I do shoot raw, but only so that I have a backup for either fixing issues, or when the office requests full size poster print material. For the 5x7 sizes or less, I just use the JPG files out of camera, they work well, and the results are fine for web or printing.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,986 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited over 2 years ago by TeamSpeed.

Mar 30, 2016 20:24 |  #18

I dug around and found this 12800 shot from the 1D4. The settings are close, but is exposed 1 stop less (1/1000 vs 1/2000th).

The 1D4 is a bit cleaner, but is very close overall.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

ayattoni
THREAD ­ STARTER
20 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Mar 31, 2016 01:18 |  #19

TeamSpeed wrote in post #17955282 (external link)
I dug around and found this 12800 shot from the 1D4. The settings are close, but is exposed 1 stop less (1/1000 vs 1/2000th).

The 1D4 is a bit cleaner, but is very close overall.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TeamSpeed in
./showthread.php?p=179​55282&i=i259483848
forum: Camera Vs. Camera

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TeamSpeed in
./showthread.php?p=179​55282&i=i96240524
forum: Camera Vs. Camera

Aww thanks man, you didn't have to do that! They do both look virtually the same which is kinda amazing considering how old the 1D4 is. I think the only debate left is whether or not I want the 1.6 crop sensor for more reach which will also depend if I can get a telephoto to pair it with or not. Seriously thanks to you and everyone else who posted in this thread, you guys really helped me a lot.

Canon 70D
Tamron 70-200 f2.8
Sigma 17-50 f2.8

SeventhFate
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2013

Apr 10, 2016 20:37 |  #20

I apologize for tagging this post. I am an hatchling and I have no idea how to create a new post of my own. I have a question regarding how to improve the crispness of the photo with Canon 7DMII body and Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM.

I have been struggling to capture the crisp photo from the distance. I suspect that the settings has to be set up properly with 1.2m or 2.5m, the Stablizer 1/2 modes, and the AF focusing point within the camera setting?

To have a crisp and sharp images has to be closer within few meters? I have had the same lens for years and I recently sent it to the factory to get it cleaned, repaired and I hope they re-calibrated it for me. It still doesnt really improve much. I need help.

First, please help me figure out how to create my own new post with this message. Thank you.

Tara*~!

ksbal
Goldmember
2,527 posts
Gallery: 304 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Sep 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by ksbal.

Apr 11, 2016 13:20 as a reply to  @ SeventhFate's post |  #21

Hi Tara,
the 70-200L you have is one of the best on the market for that range of zoom.

The struggle of getting tack sharp can stem from may issues. A common issue is not enough shutter speed.. when at the 200mm side, you want to be at 1/400 or faster for your shutter speed. The best way for members to help you are to post some examples, with the camera information intact (also called exif data)

shutter speed/iso/aperture info is needed to help.

As for how to post, I would go to this section of the forum, and in the upper left, there is a button that says:
"start a new thread" and that is how you start a new topic.

Click for this part of forum to start a new thread

welcome to the forum.

Godox/Flashpoint r2 system, plus some canon stuff.

ayattoni
THREAD ­ STARTER
20 posts
Joined Mar 2016

Apr 12, 2016 12:41 |  #22

SeventhFate wrote in post #17967582 (external link)
I apologize for tagging this post. I am an hatchling and I have no idea how to create a new post of my own. I have a question regarding how to improve the crispness of the photo with Canon 7DMII body and Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM.

I have been struggling to capture the crisp photo from the distance. I suspect that the settings has to be set up properly with 1.2m or 2.5m, the Stablizer 1/2 modes, and the AF focusing point within the camera setting?

To have a crisp and sharp images has to be closer within few meters? I have had the same lens for years and I recently sent it to the factory to get it cleaned, repaired and I hope they re-calibrated it for me. It still doesnt really improve much. I need help.

First, please help me figure out how to create my own new post with this message. Thank you.

Tara*~!

Has it always missed focus? You could try putting it on a tripod and taking pictures of detailed subjects at all focal and focus lengths to test it. The first thing I would do is make sure your shutter speed is high enough and IS is on if you're hand holding it. Also try different camera bodies if the issue persists.

Canon 70D
Tamron 70-200 f2.8
Sigma 17-50 f2.8

sponsored links

8,458 views & 7 likes for this thread
Canon 1D mark iv vs 7D mark ii for college sports
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.