Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 27 Apr 2016 (Wednesday) 14:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,227 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 04, 2016 09:29 |  #196

Almost seems that Amazon was the way to go this round.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

sponsored links
aehric
109 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jul 2015

May 04, 2016 09:37 |  #197

Isn't she just beautiful? :-D

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

bps
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 04, 2016 09:41 |  #198

aehric wrote in post #17995550 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by aehric in
./showthread.php?p=179​95550&i=i222930318
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=179​95550&i=i160488105

Why yes she is! Congrats!!!

Bryan

My Gear List

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,634 posts
Gallery: 1655 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

May 04, 2016 09:42 |  #199

thumbnail

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=179​95550&i=i160488105

I think yours is the only one, thus far, with a near-perfect box. The others all have some damage to the box. :lol: This should keep your resale value at least $1.00 higher than others in the future.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,227 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by Chet.

May 04, 2016 09:43 |  #200

thumbnail

I think I would still take Kate Upton if given a choice, but as she is still conscious that will never happen. So yes she's beautiful.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
My Gear List

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,634 posts
Joined Aug 2004

May 04, 2016 09:44 |  #201

Chet wrote in post #17995557 (external link)
I think I would still take Kate Upton if given a choice, but as she is till conscious that will never happen. So yes she's beautiful.

So... does this mean if Kate Upton was unconscious, it could happen? :-P :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

aehric
109 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jul 2015

May 04, 2016 09:47 |  #202

Thanks you guys! I can't wait till everyone else's arrive so we can all share the joy. :-D

I promise to put it to good use.

bps
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Post edited over 3 years ago by bps.

May 04, 2016 10:00 |  #203

Man, I sure have been hitting the "Like" button on a lot of posts lately. My wife says we all have a bromance going on here in regards to the Canon 1D X Mark II. :-D

I'm pretty sure I'll hear Big Brown pull up in front of my house and I'll greet the driver at the door when he arrives, but I put up a note for him just in case.

Cheers,
Bryan

IMAGE: http://www.bryanstokesphotography.com/Other/Forum-Pictures/n-m8M5G/i-SwVGD9h/0/L/i-SwVGD9h-L.jpg

My Gear List

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,227 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 04, 2016 10:01 |  #204

bps wrote in post #17995575 (external link)
Man, I sure have been hitting the "Like" button on a lot of posts lately. My wife says we all have a bromance going on here in regards to the Canon 1D X Mark II. :-D

I'm pretty sure I'll hear Big Brown pull up in front of my house and I'll greet the driver at the door when he arrives, but I put up a note for him just in case.

Cheers,
Bryan

QUOTED IMAGE

You should pin that to your shirt while you are sitting on the porch.

My Gear List

zman
776 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 04, 2016 10:02 |  #205

bps wrote in post #17995048 (external link)
Oh ~ My ~ Goodness.

Following my dissatisfaction with B&H on some things with my early March pre-order, I cancelled my B&H order earlier today and took my money over to Adorama instead. Adorama was polite, gave me as much info as they could (to include my place in line), and they are even running a promotion for call-in orders that includes and extra battery, for free!

Well guess what...less than 10 hours after placing my pre-order with Adorama, my credit card was charged and my order has shipped! They must have gotten a shipment of 1DX2s in this afternoon. I can hardly believe it! (Tracking number in-hand.)

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! It's not clear yet if it was shipped early enough this evening to get out tonight, but if it was, I will be greeting Big Brown at the door tomorrow morning between 11 am and noon.

Yippee!
Bryan

I did exactly what you did, canceled B&H and placed order with Adorama for the Premium Kit plus free battery. I spoke with Stanley, very polite and very professional... Placed order this morning :)

Artur

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2016 10:05 |  #206

jwcdds wrote in post #17995539 (external link)
Hm... Looks like B&H will be moving down on my vendor's list a few notches in the future.

Same.

jwcdds wrote in post #17995539 (external link)
And this morning, I just got an e-mail saying that my order is shipped and won't be here until 5/5, tomorrow.

So I guess I really paid for 2-day shipping instead of overnight, eh? Or B&H now only have UPS pick up packages in the mornings and don't send them out in the afternoon/evenings? It's quite disappointing how B&H's level of service seems to have disintegrated over the years. Wasn't like this 2 years ago.

I agree they're on the downward slope.

I called yesterday and they credited me my shipping and gave me a $50 voucher for my trouble. That almost covers the $170 battery that I'm not getting for free... ;)

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

bps
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,607 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 04, 2016 10:05 |  #207

zman wrote in post #17995580 (external link)
I did exactly what you did, canceled B&H and placed order with Adorama for the Premium Kit plus free battery. I spoke with Stanley, very polite and very professional... Placed order this morning :)

Artur

Awesome! I hope you get a shipping notice soon! One easy way to know what's going on is to set an alert on your credit card account to email you anytime there's a charge above $1,000. Then you'll know when Adorama charges your card and that shipping will be later that day or the day after.

Cheers,
Bryan

My Gear List

Erik ­ S. ­ Klein
uppity vermin fan
1,039 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2009

May 04, 2016 10:06 |  #208

bps wrote in post #17995575 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

LOL.

My UPS guy at home is a nightmare.

The ones at my office aren't all that great, but we've got a receptionist to keep them in line... :twisted:

Gear List
www.vintage-computer.com (external link)

wallstreetoneil
Goldmember
2,086 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Nov 2014

May 04, 2016 10:43 |  #209

From DPreview
- a screenshot showing ISO100 +5EV
- Canon 1Dx II stays pretty close to the class leading A7Rii, improved over the 5DSR (which is already much better than the 5D3), and better the Nikon D5
- Nikon's choice of using and internal sensor, versus a Sony Sensor found in the 810 and 750, clearly shows in this test
- at +5 Stops pushed, the Nikon is equal (maybe a tiny, tiny bit better to the 5DSR), at +4 Stops the 5DSR is better than the D5 (at base ISO 100)

Canon seems to have closed 90% of the gap to Sony - the +4 to +5 EV ability of the 1Dx II, with -3EV AF and red FP is going to be fantastic for events - I would have to think the 5D4 is going to get all of this as well, be smaller, lighter, and get 7 or 8 FPS at 28Mpix which will be perfect for the wedding crowd. This seems like a win for Canon and a bit of a dud for Nikon

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/26541789810_00d287d3cf_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/GrpB​pG  (external link) 1DX II vs D5 vs 5DSR vs A7Rii (external link) by Paul O'Neil (external link), on Flickr

Hockey and wedding photographer. Favourite camera / lens combos: a 1DX II with a Tamron 45 1.8 VC, an A7Rii with a Canon 24-70F2.8L II, and a 5DSR with a Tamron 85 1.8 VC. Every lens I own I strongly recommend [Canon (35Lii, 100L Macro, 24-70F2.8ii, 70-200F2.8ii, 100-400Lii), Tamron (45 1.8, 85 1.8), Sigma 24-105]. If there are better lenses out there let me know because I haven't found them.

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,634 posts
Joined Aug 2004
Post edited over 3 years ago by jwcdds.

May 04, 2016 10:55 |  #210

wallstreetoneil wrote in post #17995619 (external link)
From DPreview
- a screenshot showing ISO100 +5EV
- Canon 1Dx II stays pretty close to the class leading A7Rii, improved over the 5DSR (which is already much better than the 5D3), and better the Nikon D5
- Nikon's choice of using and internal sensor, versus a Sony Sensor found in the 810 and 750, clearly shows in this test
- at +5 Stops pushed, the Nikon is equal (maybe a tiny, tiny bit better to the 5DSR), at +4 Stops the 5DSR is better than the D5 (at base ISO 100)

Canon seems to have closed 90% of the gap to Sony - the +4 to +5 EV ability of the 1Dx II, with -3EV AF and red FP is going to be fantastic for events - I would have to think the 5D4 is going to get all of this as well, be smaller, lighter, and get 7 or 8 FPS at 28Mpix which will be perfect for the wedding crowd. This seems like a win for Canon and a bit of a dud for Nikon

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/GrpB​pG  (external link) 1DX II vs D5 vs 5DSR vs A7Rii (external link) by Paul O'Neil (external link), on Flickr

Hm... I am actually quite surprised by the D5's results here. And the a7r2's result is just amazing for +5 push. o.O Continues to impress.

Julian

sponsored links

1,953,004 views & 15,809 likes for this thread
1D X Mark II Owners Unite! Discuss & Post Photos
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.