Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 14 May 2016 (Saturday) 15:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

CPW great deal on 100-400 v2

jbrackjr
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 14, 2016 15:26 |  #1

First time dealing with Canon Price Watch and turned out to be a great experience.

They put me in touch with a Canon authorized seller and I was able to pick up the 100-400 v2 for $1799 delivered. It came with a USA warrenty as well.

Thanks again to CPW!

Jim

Jim
Gear List

sponsored links
Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,436 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

May 14, 2016 16:03 |  #2

jbrackjr wrote in post #18007037 (external link)
First time dealing with Canon Price Watch and turned out to be a great experience.

They put me in touch with a Canon authorized seller and I was able to pick up the 100-400 v2 for $1799 delivered. It came with a USA warrenty as well.

Thanks again to CPW!

Jim

Recently got the same deal from them; great deal, great experience and the provider got the lens to me FAST and easy.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

jbrackjr
THREAD ­ STARTER
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 14, 2016 18:15 |  #3

Snydremark wrote in post #18007067 (external link)
Recently got the same deal from them; great deal, great experience and the provider got the lens to me FAST and easy.

I'm always a little leary about using a "new" way of purchasing an expensive item like this, but it really was quick and easy.

Now to try it out! Maybe tomorrow if I can find the time.

Looking forward to the CPW sale on 80D's......

Jim
Gear List

JimLittle
Goldmember
3,279 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Joined Apr 2005

May 15, 2016 09:39 |  #4

I've used CPW and Greentoe....both work well....save some dough.

NASS ­ Photo
Goldmember
1,805 posts
Joined Jun 2009

May 15, 2016 10:04 |  #5

jbrackjr wrote in post #18007037 (external link)

Thanks again to CPW!

Jim

jim. I am renting one next weekend. If I like it, I will purchase it. Hopefully, the price will be the same as you paid. My local camera shop wants $2199 plus tax. $400 difference is a big savings. Thanks for the info. nick

NickS

Canon 5DMIII; Canon EF35mm, f/1.4L; EF85mm, f/1.8; EF135mm, f/2.0L; EF200mm, f/2.8L.

jbrackjr
THREAD ­ STARTER
481 posts
Joined Dec 2011

May 15, 2016 10:36 as a reply to  @ NASS Photo's post |  #6

Nick,

I haven't had the chance to use it much at this point but the MFD is really a great improvement and the lens when zooming is very smooth. I am probably in the minority but I am happy it zooms like the old pump (if you choose to do so) and Canon maintained the locking ring.

Hope you like the lens!

Jim

Jim
Gear List

birder_herper
760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 16, 2016 09:54 as a reply to  @ jbrackjr's post |  #7

What do you mean by "it zooms like the old pump if you choose to do so"? Can you really just pull it in and out like the old lens without damaging it? I too am interested in this lens...

Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
18,436 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2009

May 16, 2016 10:13 |  #8

birder_herper wrote in post #18008758 (external link)
What do you mean by "it zooms like the old pump if you choose to do so"? Can you really just pull it in and out like the old lens without damaging it? I too am interested in this lens...

Yes; if you turn the tension ring all the way off, it slides freely enough to push/pull it. I haven't, really, found a need though given the relatively short throw they gave the zoom mechanism in this version.

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

sponsored links

2,019 views & 2 likes for this thread
CPW great deal on 100-400 v2
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.