Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Sep 2016 (Wednesday) 13:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 15, 2016 20:46 as a reply to  @ post 18185322 |  #946

Gee, I didn't know that. I'm glad I can be helpful. I have always enjoyed having the best tool for the job in all the work I do. I can work hard to earn the money to get the gear, which is a blessing. This time, I didn't want to wait for the 5DIV to come out, took forever, but I'm glad I waited. Now I have the 5D2 and 5D4 with some amazing lenses. I just wish I could find my 100-400 and extender this week for the moon shots. Oh well.

Glad you like the combo, too. Can't complain about getting good results right from the start. I hate editing.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

sponsored links
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 15, 2016 20:48 as a reply to  @ post 18185405 |  #947

That tree is not mine, unfortunately. The lady who owns the house has 20+ trees from small table top ones to huge ones. I admire her for her ability to take all this stuff out, put them all up. And in January, take everything down in the boxes to fit one room. :) I have 3 trees and I think that's over kill.

The frames are all different and beautiful. I may try this sometime, but I don't have the patience she has to do all this.

My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 15, 2016 21:07 |  #948

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5DIV with 70-200 2.8 IS II. Very fun to do this.

hqqns
I'm pretty sure the TF doesn't make mistakes.
11,115 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 15, 2016 21:10 |  #949

Lucky I don't have my phone on me.

subby

Wife|Son|Daughter|Comp​uters|Cameras|Lenses|A Home|Pans|Spatula|No Frogs

"42"

View_Finder
415 posts
Joined May 2010

Nov 15, 2016 22:22 |  #950

Two more low light (ISO 6400) images. The only two times that I wished the 24-70 had IS since I was on top of an idling bus. But the 5DIV did great otherwise!

Probably needs straightened and tweaking. But oh well.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5D4, 7D2, 16-35 f/4L IS, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100-400L IS II, 100 f/2.8L IS, 300 f/4L IS, 500 f/4L IS, 2xIII, Σ35A, Σ85A, Samyang 14 f/2.8 & 85 f/1.4
http://viewfinder.us/ (external link)
Just call me Jack

hqqns
11,115 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by hqqns. (2 edits in all)

Nov 15, 2016 22:34 |  #951

Some more low light @12800:
Edit : Extinct tassie tiger
Edit2: Shot through protective glass.

IMAGE: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5808/25332771609_5c6809924c_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/EAz5​qi  (external link) 20161113-0A1A6029.jpg (external link) by Subby (external link), on Flickr

subby

"42"

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,780 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013
Post edited over 2 years ago by Nogo.

Nov 16, 2016 01:11 |  #952

FLiPxJB wrote in post #18185425 (external link)
When will the admins add the 5D IV onto the camera gear list?

Pekka is the one who updates the software running this site. He completely wrote the software himself so it is not simply a matter of getting "one of the admins" to add the camera. To request updates for cameras to the site, please leave a comment in the Gear Database Corrections Sticky.

By the way, that request has already been made.

Philip

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,304 posts
Gallery: 307 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 16, 2016 02:20 |  #953

Nogo wrote in post #18185818 (external link)
Pekka is the one who updates the software running this site. He completely wrote the software himself so it is not simply a matter of getting "one of the admins" to add the camera. To request updates for cameras to the site, please leave a comment in the Gear Database Corrections Sticky.

By the way, that request has already been made.

Yeah, but it's a real problem that it takes this long to add an important piece of new gear to the gear database. Both the 5DIV and the new Tamron 150-600mm should have been added immediately. People with this gear wanting to add images to their galleries have been "lying with permission" in their exifs for a few months now, thus rendering the database inaccurate (showing me images of gear X when I thought I was looking at images of gear Y) which no doubt will stay this way because when finally the gear will be in the database, who is going to go back and correct the exif? I really think this is bad. And how much work is it anyway to quickly just add one or two pieces of gear to the database?

Levina
My flickr (external link)

hqqns
11,115 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by hqqns.

Nov 16, 2016 02:45 |  #954

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #18185834 (external link)
Yeah, but it's a real problem that it takes this long to add an important piece of new gear to the gear database. Both the 5DIV and the new Tamron 150-600mm should have been added immediately. People with this gear wanting to add images to their galleries have been "lying with permission" in their exifs for a few months now, thus rendering the database inaccurate (showing me images of gear X when I thought I was looking at images of gear Y) which no doubt will stay this way because when finally the gear will be in the database, who is going to go back and correct the exif? I really think this is bad. And how much work is it anyway to quickly just add one or two pieces of gear to the database?

I'm guessing he is really busy with something, he doesn't get paid for this. And when a lot of different little things sum up then they become a lot.

It would be good if he could delegate some work but we don't know anything about what's occurring behind the scenes.

subby

"42"

rawshorty
Cream of the Crop
5,577 posts
Gallery: 375 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 16, 2016 03:14 |  #955

hqqns wrote in post #18185846 (external link)
I'm guessing he is really busy with something, he doesn't get paid for this. And when a lot of different little things sum up then they become a lot.

It would be good if he could delegate some work but we don't know anything about what's occurring behind the scenes.

That's the thing. In the past ( pre internet ) we had to purchase a book or something to get the information we needed but now we can access this for free on the internet. How someone can complain about something lacking on a site that is free to use is beyond me.:rolleyes:

I prefer to be in the bush with the animals than a crowded city.
Shorty

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,304 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 16, 2016 03:14 |  #956

hqqns wrote in post #18185846 (external link)

Sure, I understand. But as I've said before and elsewhere, it's a problem that only one man can do the work. That's not a criticism to that one man, it's just the way it is and it's not good.

Levina

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,304 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Nov 16, 2016 03:24 |  #957

rawshorty wrote in post #18185856 (external link)
That's the thing. In the past ( pre internet ) we had to purchase a book or something to get the information we needed but now we can access this for free on the internet. How someone can complain about something lacking on a site that is free to use is beyond me.:rolleyes:

That my concerns are beyond you is really not relevant to me. I care a lot about this community and about this site. I was part of the AMASS beta team and perhaps that still gives me a bit of a different outlook in regards to the workings of this site.

Levina

rawshorty
Cream of the Crop
5,577 posts
Gallery: 375 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 16, 2016 03:36 |  #958

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #18185861 (external link)
That my concerns are beyond you is really not relevant to me. I care a lot about this community and about this site. I was part of the AMASS beta team and perhaps that still gives me a bit of a different outlook in regards to the workings of this site.

Sorry if you took this personally Levina, it was not my intention. I was just making the point that people these days expect perfection for free. I too love this forum and since joining many years ago have learnt a lot and now take some ok shots from the advice many good people have given.

I prefer to be in the bush with the animals than a crowded city.
Shorty

hqqns
11,115 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 16, 2016 03:38 |  #959

rawshorty wrote in post #18185866 (external link)
I take some ok shots.

Understatement of the year ;-)a

subby

"42"

hqqns
11,115 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 2 years ago by hqqns.

Nov 16, 2016 03:41 |  #960

Let's get back on track:

ISO 800, pushed a couple of stops to about 1600 equivalent @ the Museum

IMAGE: https://c3.staticflickr.com/6/5466/30851936042_5007a6d9b6_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/P1he​HL  (external link) 20161113-0A1A5996.jpg (external link) by Subby (external link), on Flickr

subby

"42"

sponsored links

2,217,731 views & 31,639 likes for this thread
-= 5D Mark IV owners unite! Post photos and discuss.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.