Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 11 Sep 2016 (Sunday) 06:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please help...

Jiggo0109
376 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 11, 2016 06:33 |  #1

I tried to tweak my monitor's settings and preferred to what I see from it right now... However, I am worried if I am within the "tolerable" calibration.

In my screen, this image is crisp and well exposed, could you tell what you see in yours? Exposure and Color Balance in particular.
By the way, I see it a bit warm in my monitor. Thanks in advance guys.

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8350/28978274014_522200a3b0_b.jpg

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,266 posts
Joined May 2003

Sep 11, 2016 12:36 |  #2

I am not too sure what you are looking for?? What I see is a reasonably well balanced image. If it were my image, there are perhaps a few things I would tweak, but nothing necessarily major. I don't see it as being a "bit warm" but that could be my monitor or my preferences.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,805 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 11, 2016 12:54 |  #3

I see what appears to be somewhat unnaturally saturated skies of a blue lnot usually seen in nature. Overall color balance seems to be neutral (not cool, not warm)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 11, 2016 18:36 |  #4

Thank you sirs...

Beekeeper
Goldmember
2,996 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined May 2010

Sep 11, 2016 19:29 |  #5

Looks good on my monitor, but I do agree with Wilt on the blue sky:

Wilt wrote in post #18124317 (external link)
I see what appears to be somewhat unnaturally saturated skies of a blue lnot usually seen in nature. Overall color balance seems to be neutral (not cool, not warm)

Zach--C&C is welcome on my photos
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/46367607@N06/ (external link)
7DI Body Gripped|7DII Gripped|EF 85mm1.8|EF 50mm1.4|EF 100mm2.8L IS Macro|EF-S 10-22mm|EF 400mm5.6L|430EXII|580E​XII

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 11, 2016 20:04 |  #6

Beekeeper wrote in post #18124729 (external link)
Looks good on my monitor, but I do agree with Wilt on the blue sky:

Thanks... I see it as over saturated too. Maybe I over tweaked the dehaze slider.

Jiggo0109
THREAD ­ STARTER
376 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Sep 11, 2016 21:36 |  #7

How about this one? I reduced the dehaze level and increased the contrast and clarity...

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8324/28997851993_fc574e0b5b_b.jpg

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,003 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 13, 2016 09:22 |  #8

Still seeing a bit too much saturation in the natural colours. Some like that, actually I like that sometimes, but this just seems to overdo it a little. In LR I would consider maybe pulling the Blue Primary Saturation slider back a bit in the Calibration tab. If you did not want to do it there, then I would go with the blue and maybe purple saturation slider, as well as possibly a little negative on the green slider too in the HSL tab.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

PhotosGuy
75,867 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Sep 13, 2016 09:39 |  #9

It looks OK to me, but I might back off on the contrast a bit. Personally, I'd have deleted that image before I got to that point? ; )

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,805 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by Wilt. (4 edits in all)

Sep 13, 2016 09:42 |  #10

I just took a shot from a trip to the Czech Republic this summer, and from that shot I only the skies overlooking a large lake, to represent the range of blue that can be captured without exaggerated color saturation, simply as a basis of comparison to OP before and after. The wide AOV afforded a good representation of how the blue saturation varies across the sky, even without a CPL in front of the lens!

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/POTN%202013%20Post%20Mar1/range%20of%20blues_zpslmkdjygy.jpg

So to me your lastest post exhibits no so much 'oversaturation' as much as a somewhat 'unnatural hue'...the shot I posted are like skies I see at home in CA or most anywhere else in the world I have been to.

I agree with PhotoGuys about Contrast. One can see that the second image has lost detail, which was present in the OP photo...from the front of the building to the rider's right, above the red stripe area. This shows the difference, original vs. later post...

IMAGE: http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/wiltonw/POTN%202013%20Post%20Mar1/pic%20A%20v%20B%20contrast_zpsaoq6iyqa.jpg
Even the OP photo had plenty of contrast and even a bit too much. Perhaps you need to tweek the Contrast setting on your monitor to make the monitor more contrasty.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,918 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 16, 2016 11:04 |  #11

I agree that the blue sky was way too saturated in the first image, and that it is still too saturated in the revised version.

The exposure looks fine. The color temperature looks fine, too....if anything it is a wee bit cool (based on the soil and grass).

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links

2,642 views & 0 likes for this thread
Please help...
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.