Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Oct 2016 (Friday) 21:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is the new "s" battery actually better?

Deardorff
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016

Oct 21, 2016 21:16 |  #1

If I use the new "s" battery in the X-Pro1 will I get more images before it runs low on power? Supposedly more efficient and lower heat than the regular battery but does it translate to any better performance for our older bodies?

Any better performance in cold weather - such as sub zero (f) temperatures?

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

sponsored links
Codda
222 posts
Joined May 2011

Oct 22, 2016 06:41 |  #2

Regardless of battery performance ... the bodies themselves are not rated for below zero temps. Not that I wouldn't try ... but I wouldn't expect much either. The battery itself is as you described ... I don't see any real benefit in traditional shooting without a vert. grip on the X-T2. I use both new and old interchangeably without notice ...

Deardorff
THREAD ­ STARTER
110 posts
Joined Oct 2016

Oct 22, 2016 10:24 |  #3

I have used the X-Pro1 at temperatures of 34 below zero. Battery life takes a hit but the camera worked just fine. Looking for better battery performance in all conditions and hoping the newer batteries might be the answer.

"I've been a procrastinator all my life. I keep meaning to do something about that."

jsinon
Goldmember
1,008 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 07, 2016 05:20 |  #4

Deardorff wrote in post #18163799 (external link)
I have used the X-Pro1 at temperatures of 34 below zero. Battery life takes a hit but the camera worked just fine. Looking for better battery performance in all conditions and hoping the newer batteries might be the answer.

Same here with my Canon's. They're only rated to 20°F or something like that and I've regularly had them out in sub-zero temps.

Now that I've jumped ship and moved to Fuji I'm happy to hear that they do just fine in the cold.

Fuji X-T2, Fuji X-Pro1, XF18-55, XF10-24, XF50-140
http://www.jeffsinon.c​om/ (external link)
http://jeffsinonphotog​raphy.wordpress.com/ (external link)

aslondon
54 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 19, 2017 23:28 |  #5

My understanding is that the older cameras will not notice any difference with the "s" batteries. While they can use them interchangably, they will not benefit from the newer technology. just my .02

Al

Nick3434
Goldmember
1,568 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 20, 2017 09:05 |  #6

Does this work with xe2?

I am finding out how the battery life is really atrocious. I assume this is Becuase of back screen and evf?

Everything is relative.
Gear: 6D, Unholy Trinity:twisted: (24Lii, sigma 50A, 135L), and for the other ends of the spectrum, sigmaEX 14mm2.8 and sigmaEX 100-300F4.
Fuji X-e2, Rokinon 8 2.8 Fisheye II, Fuji 14 2.8, Fuji 18-55, Fuji 23 1.4
FlikR (external link)

aslondon
54 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 20, 2017 21:52 as a reply to  @ Nick3434's post |  #7

My understanding is that the X-e2 does not benefit from the newer technology of the "S" type batteries. They fit and work fine just the advanced features are not utilized.

Al

sponsored links

1,943 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is the new "s" battery actually better?
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.